270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ColinW

Problem

I'm trying to make a scenario. What seems to be happening though is that the changes that I keep making to the electoral trends file don't seem to be showing up in the game. Just FYI I also changed one issue from campaign finance reform to something different. How can I make this work? I want this party to recieve more than 1% of the vote to start with. ;)

Colin!! Nice to hear from you!!! :) I hope everything's going alright with you. :D

Yeah I ain't dead yet. :P

I was thinking about coming back to Atlasia tomorrow maybe. Stuff has calmed down at school and I'll be off until January 3 so I'll have some time to get back into the swing of things. Has it split up into 5 nations yet? Is there a fascist President? Has everyone gone insane? Have Hugh and Peter split up yet?

Yeah I ain't dead yet.  :P 

I was thinking about coming back to Atlasia tomorrow maybe. Stuff has calmed down at school and I'll be off until January 3 so I'll have some time to get back into the swing of things. Has it split up into 5 nations yet? Is there a fascist President? Has everyone gone insane? Have Hugh and Peter split up yet?

Hahahhaa!!! :lol:

No, but there was a "West Atlasia" for a few days, Joe Republic is president (so yes there is a facist president :P), many people have gone insane (I'm Lt. Governor now :D;)), and Hugh is still married to Fritz surprisingly. The senate kicked you out of your seat, unfortunately, and MAS is serving your term. If you come back soon, you could probably still run in February, although you might face me. :P Anyways, in short, it's as crazy as every. :D

Well, anyways, I hope everything ends up well for you and your family. :)

Hahahhaa!!! :lol:

No, but there was a "West Atlasia" for a few days, Joe Republic is president (so yes there is a facist president :P), many people have gone insane (I'm Lt. Governor now :D;)), and Hugh is still married to Fritz surprisingly. The senate kicked you out of your seat, unfortunately, and MAS is serving your term. If you come back soon, you could probably still run in February, although you might face me. :P Anyways, in short, it's as crazy as every. :D

Well, anyways, I hope everything ends up well for you and your family. :)

Oh God MAS is in my seat? That's a travesty. I'll have to come back now that I've heard that. Maybe tomorrow though if I continue at this rate I'll keep putting it off till June. :P

I'm trying to make a scenario. What seems to be happening though is that the changes that I keep making to the electoral trends file don't seem to be showing up in the game. Just FYI I also changed one issue from campaign finance reform to something different. How can I make this work? I want this party to recieve more than 1% of the vote to start with.  ;)

Whatver values you type in for starting percertages are used by the computer as a rough guide to some extent, they don't show up as the exact figures you type in. It can depend on how far from the centre politically your candidate is - for instance if you have a very left wing candidate they will most likely lose some percentage points at the start of the game, especially in states that have tend centre-right or right-wing tendencies if your using regionalism. Regardless, the computer will re-organise the percentages for the start of the game only using yours as a guide, even if your candidate is moderate, so sometimes the candidate may start off with 0%, other times with maybe 4%. If you want to decrease the chances of the computer starting the candidate off with zero, maybe put him down for 3 or 4% instead of 1% and maybe try increasing the 'how established party' value, that may or may not make a differance.