270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jean Seb

I suck at this game

Usually when I play as Harper, I attack the Liberals with one ad, then the NDP with the next, then a positive ad. It has about a 50/50 chance of working - either you get so far ahead you can't lose, or the other parties gang up on you and destroy you. And target southern Ontario lots.

I create three ads right of the bat and have one be positive and two negative, attacking them where they're bad and helping me where I'm good. Then I just do radio ads the rest of the time - cheaper, quicker, and nearly just as effective

I followed your tips and I won.. barely!!

close2jr.jpg

I ran out of money at the end of the campaign.. had the campaign lasted one more week I would had been dead

At one point I was leading everywhere excepted the North and Québec.. but the liberals did a nice job coming back and I owe one to the NDP for weakening the libs in BC! As well I must thank the bloc for limiting the libs to a mere 6 seats in QC.

Pretty good, the only change I would make on that map would be to merge the 3 northern ridings in one campaigning terriroty.

Who bother to campaign a full turn for 1 single riding, really?

Pretty good, the only change I would make on that map would be to merge the 3 northern ridings in one campaigning terriroty.

Who bother to campaign a full turn for 1 single riding, really?

Realism. Can't visit all 3 in one day without some real dedication. :blink:

Well you got a point.. and even at 3 ridings I wouldnt go they're more than a turn in the campaign. like I do for PEI.

I create three ads right of the bat and have one be positive and two negative, attacking them where they're bad and helping me where I'm good. Then I just do radio ads the rest of the time - cheaper, quicker, and nearly just as effective

I did something similar to this just a minute ago. Curses that I didn't save a screenie, but it wasn't an overwhelming victory anyway. It could have been if I hadn't been hit with a huge scandal in the last three days though. At one point I was over 180 seats as the Tories and had the Grits in the low 20s. The Bloc did wind up forming the Opposition though, and the NDP won more seats than the Grits.

Radio ads rule. They might even need to be toned down some...but it was fun nonetheless.

Edit: BTW that was on the CBC version of the game that was up for free. Haven't gotten around to buying the full version yet...not sure if there's any difference as far as gameplay or strategy though.

O, and is it me or are speeches useless? They almost never make the news - for me at least - and they give no noticeable advantage unlike brainstorm which helps momentum and voting intentions

O, and is it me or are speeches useless? They almost never make the news - for me at least - and they give no noticeable advantage unlike brainstorm which helps momentum and voting intentions

They're more likely too make the news if they're negative. All it does is gives a chance of a news story that you can spin to your advantage. Not too useful in my opinion.

OMG someone please shot me if this ever happens in real life!

horrible2jw.jpg

Damn attacking martin all the time only permitted layton to come up in the middle