270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

Prime Minister Forever - Canada 2006

If it's on the map, it's possibly the percentage changes.  Otherwise..I have no idea what you mean.

Sorry when you open the "seats" button out of the main screen, often time in place of the name of a candidate there will be a number '2'. Usually it is for party that they know will run a candidate in the riding (ie. the Liberal in Edm. Strathcona), but have not been nominated yet... but sometime it is for candidates that have been nominated... or are incumbants :blink::huh:

I see. Hmm. In case you are wondering, the //u beside some candidate means the party had a candidate there last time, but hasn't nominated or isn't going to run one this time.

Being a fan of my neighbor to the North I've stayed up too (Oh dear, is that really the time...), but I just downloaded the demo only to get 2004. So upseting. Oh well, try in the morning...

Hi everyone,

If you were one of the very first PM4E - Canada 2006 purchasers, you might have received a version with numbers in a few cases instead of local riding candidate names.

If this is the case, please e-mail us, and we will send you the latest version.

This was caused by us wanting to have the latest riding data available.

Thanks for your understanding and sincerely,

The 80soft.com Team

I like the new version...a number of the scenarios do have a somewhat familiar feel to them, though. It looks like Tony cleaned up some of the 1993-2006 scenarios, put in a few updates (notably to the 2006 one), and gave them back to us. But it looks nice, and I like having the official cleanup in there. Very nice.

And now I see the differences...it's the old scenarios with the Chancellor Forever abilities (note: the ads in 2006). I like it even more now.

I have noticed that there aren't any pictures of any other candidates besides Martin, Harper, Layton, Harris, & Duceppe. How do you change that??

So, far the game doesn't seem to be as great as previous editions. Maybe its just me.

I have noticed that there aren't any pictures of any other candidates besides Martin, Harper, Layton, Harris, & Duceppe. How do you change that??

So, far the game doesn't seem to be as great as previous editions. Maybe its just me.

Perhaps they couldn't get permission to use some of the leader pictures yet.

I've played 2006 as Martin and 2004 as Copps. Some initial observations:

- Both times I kicked Harper's ass from here to Nunavut, but had to fend off a serious challenge from the NDP. In fact, in 2004 the NDP became official opposition, winning the highest percentage in BC, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, NWT, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland & Labrador:

Liberals - 127

Conservatives - 55

NDP - 63

BQ - 57

- Both times I kicked Harper's ass from here to Nunavut, but had to fend off a serious challenge from the NDP. In fact, in 2004 the NDP became official opposition, winning the highest percentage in BC, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, NWT, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland & Labrador:

Liberals - 127

Conservatives - 55

NDP - 63

BQ - 57

It's always difficult winning as the Tories, for some reason. If you want to stop Layton, attack his experience or leadership. Then the NDP goes quietly away.

Liberals - 127

Conservatives - 55

NDP - 63

BQ - 57

Greens - 2

- In previous Canadian scenarios I found that I ran out of money way too quickly (basically a week or so of advertising in Ontario and Quebec would eat up at least 1/3, depending on how much I started with). Now it seems like I'd practically have to start setting it on fire to get rid of it all by the end. Maybe I just need to rethink my ad strategy.

- In 2006, it let me create ads on the very first day without it taking any time at all, but after that it went back to the usual system of taking several days to produce them. I assume this wasn't a glitch (there was specifically a "Create Now" button), but I couldn't find any explanation of this in the instructions either.

These aren't complaints, just some things I noticed. And I like having the more precise divisions in Ontario, Quebec, and BC.

EDIT: Sorry about the double-post.

It's rather hard playing as Bev, not being able to make any speeches or anything... still good, in that one i tried with Bev, I had Goodale as leader of grits, Manning for CPC, and Blaikie for NDP and the rest normal. Manning went on to win a majority government :D

I was rocking as the Conservatives I was at 120, Liberals at 70 and things were really going my way. Then I started getting these "parameters are incorrect" error and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut the game down. :(

Hi Snefix,

If you continue to get this error (or anyone else), could you e-mail us with the exact error message and when it happens?

Thanks and sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Just won 150 seats as Mulroney in 2006 (Including 5 in Quebec, which is a feat considering what a wasteland it is for the CPC in the game). Of course right after the election he complained to Peter C. Newman that the liberal media prevented him from getting a majority.

BTW I think Kim Campbell or her campaign team has a picture of Chretien circa 1993 thwy would like to get rid of.

I got an NDP minority government with about 85 seats, I think. Unfortunately I'm not sure how exactly it happened -- I'd stopped internal polling, and I must have accidentally clicked through the results while working on something else, so I didn't see much besides the final tally. I know I took all 11 seats in Nova Scotia though.

As Broadbent, I managed to have the most meteoric rise and fall of the NDP you've ever seen...

I threw a lot of money into ads, and managet to get into first place by Christmas, sweeping most of the country and threatening the Liberals in Montreal...only to run out of money and collapse to third in the polls (and fourth seat-wise) by election day.

I just managed to get the NDP up to 90 seats by week 4, and leading in the polls (Liberal- 50, Conservative -96, NDP - 90, BQ - 67), but then just ran out of funds and did a steady decline into oblivion. I ended up winning only 9 seats, very depressing.

I'm waiting to buy the game until finals are done, but it sounds like there's some erratic stuff in it. 90 seats for the NDP? Not quite realistic. Still, I wants the game badly...so I'll get it.