270soft Forum

here they go how about hypothetical scenarios on 1) what if kennedy wasn't assassinated? 2) what if RFK wasn't assassinated and went on to beat nixon (Kennedy vs Reagan in 72) 3) what if gore won in 2000 (Gore vs frist/jeb bush/ hagel/mccain/or maybe even a rematch with w)

i also have some world ideas like 1) Bush/Blair Vs Bin Laden/That guy that runs north korea (forgot name) 2) religious scenario 3) Isreali election 4) battle for Europe between different leaders in England, France, Germany, and maybe spain or italy

and as one future scenario using people on this board running for president

I believe these all would be great scenarios i won't make any because i'm too lazy but i hope one of u guys decideds to make 1

here they go how about hypothetical scenarios on 1) what if kennedy wasn't assassinated? 2) what if RFK wasn't assassinated and went on to beat nixon (Kennedy vs Reagan in 72) 3) what if gore won in 2000 (Gore vs frist/jeb bush/ hagel/mccain/or maybe even a rematch with w)

i also have some world ideas like 1) Bush/Blair Vs Bin Laden/That guy that runs north korea (forgot name) 2) religious scenario 3) Isreali election 4) battle for Europe between different leaders in England, France, Germany, and maybe spain or italy

and as one future scenario using people on this board running for president

I believe these all would be great scenarios i won't make any because i'm too lazy but i hope one of u guys decideds to make 1

I like your ideas. Have you tried any scenario creation? :huh:

I believe these all would be great scenarios i won't make any because i'm too lazy 
  ah that's not my cup of tea but those are some great ideas and all should be made by somebody else 

So your "cup of tea" is to just criticize everyone else at all times, including our hard-working creators of this game, hard-working people here that actually take the time to spend hours on scenario creation without getting anything for it except seeing their fellow gamers enjoy it, and telling people flatly that their views are too far to one side of your narrow political scope of what is acceptable??

It's ironic how those that criticize things the most, tend to produce the very least.

I never taken the time to try to create a scenario either - seems difficult (at a glance anyway).

but would be interesting to add JFK as an option to the '64 Johnson - Goldwater (not sure who else would have been a viable Rep. option at that time) election. (with the assumption that he lived to have a re-election).

This would also set up the next one ('68) to include Johnson (or RFK) vs Nixon (as well as RFK vs Nixon or Reagan in '72). The lazy way out is to include all these guys in 1 scenario (not sure how much the electoral map or issues changed from the 64, 68, 72, 76 elections).

I've enjoyed trying many of the created scenarios and appreciate the hard work put into them. thanks to all.

I never taken the time to try to create a scenario either - seems difficult (at a glance anyway).

but would be interesting to add JFK as an option to the '64 Johnson - Goldwater (not sure who else would have been a viable Rep. option at that time) election. (with the assumption that he lived to have a re-election).

This would also set up the next one ('68) to include Johnson (or RFK) vs Nixon (as well as RFK vs Nixon or Reagan in '72). The lazy way out is to include all these guys in 1 scenario (not sure how much the electoral map or issues changed from the 64, 68, 72, 76 elections).

I've enjoyed trying many of the created scenarios and appreciate the hard work put into them. thanks to all.

Your welcome vols I am busy right now but I could add some of those candidates to the elections. Maybe Nelson Rockefeller or Richard Nixon for the hell of it as Republican options in 1964?

could almost set up a timeline with all the candidates from 64 to 76 available (maybe even with different ratings for different years on some of them -- LBJ would go down in the 70's....and Ford would be lower in the 60's as he was even less well known).

This would allow several "dream elections" including JFK vs Reagan, RFK vs Reagan, LBJ vs Reagan or Nixon. If it extends to '76, would also have the option of Nixon vs Carter. And with all these candidates, the primary would certainly be interesting too. And since we are assuming there were no assassins, you could add MLK to the mix (even as an Ind.) as well as Wallace (dem and/or ind).

The fun part would be to start in '64 and make your own assumptions (and your own Primary results until that part is ready) to set up the next election....and the next....and the next. 4 elections for the price of 1, so to speak.