270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
texasyojimbo

Of pies

I am not sure what it does for the game but it is not so silly!

In 2001 general election in UK the British Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott was hit with an egg while out campaigning. He was not whisked away by hoards of Security but instead landed a punch on the jaw of the protester and the two men ended in a clinch before police separated the pair.

The protester was arrested while the Labour Party went on to win a huge victory for the second time running! And next year they will do so again.

Charles

http://news.bbc.co.uk/vote2001/hi/english/...000/1335107.stm

(Deputy Prime Minister in red tie!!!)

In Alberta Premier Klein was pied last year at the Stampede Breakfast and the guy got 30 days in jail! :D Jean Charest was pied and so was Prime Minister Jean Chretien! Governor Schwarzenegger was egged and Prince Charles has been egged and pied many times

If it came out in the news that Bush or Kerry was hit with a pie, I would be rolling on the floor laughing and you know every latenight talk show, as well as Saturday Night Live would have thier way with the poor candidate. I doubt it would hurt his campaign, unless he acted weird and didn't take it like a man.

i'm glad they put that part on the game it's highly unrealistic but still funny and your right jo it would depend on the candidates response if they make a joke and play along it could help them if they start crying or getting upset than it would hurt them but no matter what it's still funny

really nader got hit with a pie i would love to see that it would complete my life

Here's an article about the incident:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C94588%2C00.html

I still don't remember where I saw the video of it but if I remember correctly Nader actually threw what was left of the pie at the guy.