270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

Election Results Window Suggestion

Is there some way that, after the results are printed out, a player could be allowed to flip back through the last polling data and note differences, and check the old polls in the states to see where they seriously missed the boat on something? I know sometimes a really odd result comes down the line, and I'd like to be able to check up on what happened with it (did I just not notice that, did an opponent campaign hard and pull an upset, was there a large opposition GOTV presence that cost me the win there, etc...). With the primaries, this would be especially helpful, as I'd like to be able to review what caused an upset (a la Iowa 2004 or 1988, New Hampshire 2000 or 1984, etc.).

I would like to be able to print out, or save the results of the election. Sometimes I have an extremely clsoe win and sometimes a huge upset. I would love to save them.

I would like to be able to print out, or save the results of the election. Sometimes I have an extremely clsoe win and sometimes a huge upset. I would love to save them.

Thats a good idea, and maybe things that will give you stats on all your different elections youve done, like election you won most by, lost most by, states u lost the most by in all the elections, etc...

QUOTE (JoSpiv @ Oct 10 2004, 08:02 PM)

That sounds like a good idea. Let's take that a step further, and be able to playback the election!

could be useful to see a history of how states voted in your past elections (by party and/or candidate). Be a nice page to refer to and see which are the true "swing states" in the game.

also like the idea to be able to see what activities help sway the course of the election - in a post game report. see what activites worked and didnt work for all the candidates involved.

QUOTE (JoSpiv @ Oct 10 2004, 08:02 PM)

That sounds like a good idea. Let's take that a step further, and be able to playback the election!

That would be really cool! :D