270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jayavarman

New 2008 Scenario

With the Republican Party currently facing great threats as its top leaders face scandal as well as the whole Hurricane Katrina debacle with Bush's approval rating slipping to 41%, can someone make a new 2008 scenario?

Preferably, I would like Al Gore included.

Who would be the best Republican challenger?

I used to think Frist, but now that's he's got a scandal of his own, who knows?

It may end up being an unknown.

Brownback? He seems to be the Conservative leading the charge against Meirs, and I'm thinking a Conservative, not a Republican, will win the Republican nomination.

Huckabee is going to have trouble becoming prominant and convincing people that they wouldnt throw away their vote with him, but I think he is really strong. Great talker, so much like Clinton.

Huckabee is going to have trouble becoming prominant and convincing people that they wouldnt throw away their vote with him, but I think he is really strong.  Great talker, so much like Clinton.

And both from the same home-town (Hope)... strange, no?

Anyway, Brownback will have a similar problem I think. Sure, he's a hard-core conservative, but I don't think he has enough national recognition to make it.

Of course, it is still a while before '08 too.

Blue Moon is a tough one, I think

Well yeah, if you run against McCain. Against any other candidate, I usually get anywhere from the mid-300s to the low 400s.

My personal best in that scenario is 529 against Frist.

yeah, MCain's a ringer

Al gore would thump and should be added, though I do not think he'll run (only if Hilary has to drop out then maybe)

tried to make all the '08s reasonably tough and regionalism plays an imp[ortant role

anyway, glad people liked it :)