Terrorism...C

Ok this is my results

Left=3

Center-Left=6

Centrist=6

Center-Right=2

Right=1

So what does this make me??

As I have now announced my candidature for the site senate, I feel it is time for you all to see inside my mind.

Abortion.......................... L

I support a woman's right to determine what happens to her body. I do not condone unconditional abortion; I believe that a woman ought to gain confirmation from two doctors before it can take place (actually, the UK position). This is usually on the grounds of potential physical or mental harm to the mother if the pregnancy continues.

Affirmative Action............. no particular position

I support moves to help people from minority backgrounds to achieve their full potential in society. This should be done through process and not solely through outcome.

Balanced Budget.............. C

"Prudence with a purpose": we should save money in the good times, repaying debt, to help us through the bad times.

Business Tax................... C

I generally support higher taxes for business, together with tax cuts for smaller businesses to stimulate growth and create jobs.

Campaign Finance............ L

Democracy is a cherished concept in the world (except in Zimbabwe and Florida, of course...) so I support moves to democratise the electoral system by widening access to state funding.

Ecology........................... L

Love me, love my planet.

Education........................ C

I can't remember the relative issue positions. However, I can confirm that I value and support education, and see it as a way to ensure that future generations are not stupid enough to elect a sub-normal president.

Free Trade...................... CL

Some barriers are necessary to protect vulnerable industries and to safeguard the national interest.

Gun Control..................... L

The right to bear arms was never meant to apply to individuals in search of the right to kill others. Sorry Chuck.

Same-Sex Marriage.......... L

Nobody should be denied constitutionally protected rights because of someone else's identity. If I wanted to marry, it's not the fact that I am gay that prevents it, it's the fact that my partner is a man. Think about it that way: my constitutional rights are determined by someone else's identity, not mine.

Immigration..................... C

Let me in please.

Military Funding................ C

The military tends to provide jobs for otherwise unemployable people. I suppose it saves on social security and is therefore a Moderately Good Thing.

Military Intervention.......... L

Peacekeeping only. English-speaking countries such as the US, UK and Australia are damaging themselves through ill-advised interventions.

Personal Tax.................... CL

I favour higher taxes for those who can afford them, coupled with tax cuts for the low-paid to promote self-reliance and reduce the burden on social security budgets.

Public Health Care............ L

It employs me. Go figure.

Renewable Energy............ CL

Renewable energy methods are needed fast, but we should not be tempted to rely on nuclear power because it's easy, renewable and there.

Social Security................. L

The state has a duty to protect its less affluent people. The state should guarantee a minimum income for each senior citizen and provide benefits for families with children. Both seniors and children should receive free health care.

Terrorism........................ CL

You reap what you sow. A more considerate, less imperialist foreign policy would be a start. That said, I'm not sure anyone knows the aims of the terrorist kidnappers in Iraq as they have never been quantified.

A question for Keyes on his 'majority is right' point of view: Are you saying that Bush shouldn't be president? Because the majority of the people chose Al Gore in 2000.

Anyway, here is my platform I hadn't posted yet:

1 left, 8 center-left, 6 center, 3 center-right

Abortion.......................... Center-Right

Affirmative Action............. Center

Balanced Budget.............. Center-Left

Business Tax................... Center

Campaign Finance............ Center-Left

Ecology........................... Center-Left

Education........................ Center

Free Trade...................... Center

Gun Control..................... Center-Left

Same-Sex Marriage.......... Center-Left

Immigration..................... Center

Military Funding................ Center

Military Intervention.......... Center-Right

Personal Tax.................... Center-Left

Public Health Care............ Center-Left

Renewable Energy............ Left

Social Security................. Center-Left

Terrorism........................ Center-Right

Here is my platform:

Abortion: CL

While I am personally against abortion, I feel it is a woman's right to choose what to do with her body and I do not believe it is right to legislate morality. While I would personally discourage abortion, I would fight tooth and nail to protect a woman's constitutionally protected right to choose.

Affirmative Action: CL

Balanced Budget: C

Business Tax: CL

Campaign Finance Reform: CL

Ecology: CL

Education: CL

Free Trade: CL

Gun Control: CL

Same-Sex Marriage: CL

Immigration: C

Immigration is one of the things that have made this country as great as it is. Many of us are sons and daughters of immigrants and while I understand the importance of diversity and allowing new people to enter this nation contributing to the greatness of this nation with their own ideas and their own culture, I do feel that immigration laws must be obeyed and enforced. Not only for is this for the benefit of U.S. citizens, but it also helps immigrants as it allows an orderly process to enter this country safely and assuredly.

Military Funding: C

Military Intervention: C

Sending our brave men and women into harm's way should only be used in defense of our national security.. I would only authorize the use of US troops if it was truly in defense of our nation and only if it was truly a last resort.

Personal Tax: CL

I am in favor of repealing Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy while keeping in place those for the middle and working-class. I will never raise taxes on middle and working-class Americans.

Public Health Care: L

It is a great shame that in the richest country in the world, millions are still without any form of healthcare coverage. I believe in Universal Healthcare for all Americans.

Renewable Energy:CL

Social Security: CL

Terrorism: CL

While we must always be prepared for military action when it is truly in the defense of our nation, it is also very important to work with the international community when possible and remove the basic grievences that the terrorists are using against us as propaganda weapons to lure more recruits, ie, let us increase humanitarian activity and our international resolve, let us show the international community and the Arab world in particular, that the United States of America is not an enemy nor an occupier, but a friend and ally.

A "War on Terror" cannot be truly won unless we have the support of the international community and are willing to work with other nations to minimize the threat of terrorism as much as humanly possible.

Well that I don't know. But roger keeps calling people lefites, and attacking some platforms.

Maybe I missed it on the site, but what is your platform roger??

Roger, unless you are afriad to post your views on the issues in one location, plese post them the way everyone else did in this topic.

If you contiune to give excuses as to why you can't do that, I will go on believing, as will the whole board that you are afraid, and are withholding your true views.

The only platform you seem to have given is that you are for ethics, and for morals, against Israel. That's about it. If people are going to vote for you, they need more than that. unless you are gearing for the moron vote, wwho vote for people only cause they use the word morals.

maybe u should try harder

I have never said that I have "tried" to do so.

I said point black that I HAVE done so.

As I will continue to do so.

People know where I stand.

EDIT: I will be making a major policy announcement shortly.

The only platform you seem to have given is that you are for ethics, and for morals, against Israel.

I am not "against" Israel.

I advocate CUTTING, not eliminating, foreign aid to israel for reasons i have stated numerous times.

Abortion.......................... LL

Affirmative Action............. R

Balanced Budget.............. C

Business Tax................... L

Campaign Finance............ L

Ecology........................... L

Education........................ LL

Free Trade...................... R

Gun Control..................... L

Same-Sex Marriage.......... L

Immigration..................... C

Military Funding................ C