270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
texasyojimbo

What is your platform?

I think it's unfortunate that people who are seriously conservative automatically get associated with Hitler. That of course doesn't mean that they might not earn that dubious honor...

The difference, I think, is not so much in policy preference, which the platform slider would not indicate, but in rhetoric and tactics.

Normally, a person has to show some extreme triumphalism/bloodlust/thuggery in their posting before I'll stoop to calling them fascists.

E.g., if he said "We'll kill all the Muslims right before we destroy all the communist Democrat Party traitors!" Or quoting Ann Coulter at length. That would be fascism.

But he hasn't, and I don't think he would. It's offensive and wrong to whip out the F word.

Thank you. I am in full agreement with you! B)

Abortion: Left

Affirmative Action: Left

Balanced Budget Right

Business Tax Right

Campaign Finance Reform Center

Ecology Left

Education Center

Free Trade Center Right

Gun Control Center Left

Same-Sex Marriage Left

Immigration Center

Military Funding Right

Military Intervention Center

Personal Tax Center

Public Health Care Center Left

Renewable Energy Left

Social Security Center Left

Terrorsim Right

ANGRY!ANGRY!ANGRY! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

I think it's unfortunate that people who are seriously conservative automatically get associated with Hitler.

And those that are seriously on the left are associated with Stalin. Unfortunately, there's plenty of mud to go around, fortunately, it gets thrown both ways.

Abortion R

Affirmative Action R

Balanced Budget C

Business Tax R

Campaign Finance R

Ecology R

Education RR

Free Trade C

Gun Control RR

Same Sex Marraige C

Immigration C

Military Funding RR

Military Intervention RR

Personal Tax R

Health Care R

Renewable Energy C

Social Security RR

Terrorism R

Yes, I'm a right wing nutjob ;)

what's up with hard right's interest in american politics i mean i don't know or care who the prime minister of canade is

Neither do I! :lol: I am taking my Masters in History in U.S. foreign policy and American politics. I taught a class last semester on U.S. foreign policy and did lectures on American Strategic defense with Canada and 20th Century U.S. politics. I am very interested in American politics and enjoy it immensly. :)

What's with all that angry stuff? Oh! You see that Bush will win!  AWESOME!  :P

No, jackass. I just thought it was funny. You are a Canadian, and I doubt you see how bad things are in my country

PEIRRE LIKES GOAT MILK!

No need to be rude! I'm sorry if I angered you. :unsure:

well i can't blame u for loving american politics because it's the best but come on u don't care about your own country now i have even less respect

I was kidding! I love Canadian politics! I have served as a campaign manager in three campaigns and had a great time! :D

Hi, I hate to be on the side of Hardright. But American Politics is not the best as you say. I don't know hoow it works in Cananda, but our political system is colapsing. In the 3rd debate both candiates mad clear what their differences were and both showd what they would do if elected on nov 2. But what is the big story? What John Kerry said about Mary Cheney. Vegas is taking odds on the election, and the wives baking cookies is a news story. A war fought 35 years ago was the main topic of discussion for months. Not to mention the "spin". We now elect people, not because we think they will make america beter, but cause they wear a tie that goes with thier suit. Looking at the system we have in 2004, I'd love to go back to the old days of Tamany Hall. At least then you knew it was not on the level.

i think your confused hard right did say american politics was the best he was joking about not knowing the prime minister

and your right their are alot of imperfections with our system but it's still the best system in the world

You know I would have agreed with you ten years ago, but I feel that the best system in the world is one like Costa Rica, th elections are direct, and unlike most nations in its region they are not corupt, so I think the only way to make this sytem the best to scrap to electoral system, and finally have a dirrect democracy. Some people say that this is just a partisan claim, but the fact is that the electoral system is the last remnant of plans by men like Hamilton to keep direct democracy from gaining a foothold. If you think the elctoral collage is a good idea, than why was having Senators apointed by the states so bad?

Abortion.......................... R

Affirmative Action............. RR

Balanced Budget.............. RR

Business Tax................... R

Campaign Finance............ CR

Ecology........................... RR

Education........................ RR

Free Trade...................... RR

Gun Control..................... RR

Same-Sex Marriage.......... R

Immigration..................... R

Military Funding................ RR

Military Intervention.......... R

Personal Tax.................... R

Public Health Care............ R

Renewable Energy............ R

Social Security................. RR

Terrorism........................ RR

I thought you were a Libertarian? :unsure:

" I understand small business growth. I was one." ( Just Guess :lol: )

Abortion CL

Affirmative Action C

Balanced Budget C

Business Tax C

Campaign Finance C

Ecology CL

Education CL

Free Trade C

Gun Control CL

Same Sex Marraige C

Immigration C

Military Funding C

Military Intervention C

Personal Tax CL

Health Care C

Renewable Energy C

Social Security C

Terrorism C

Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders.

Yeah, I'd say I am a fiscal conservative and I want to see a tiny managable government. The only positions of mine that clashes with the libertarian philosophy are a few of my social positions. If you haven't noticed, I am a social conservative as well.

Libertarians believe the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade as prescribed by America's founders.

Yeah, I'd say I am a fiscal conservative and I want to see a tiny managable government. The only positions of mine that clashes with the libertarian philosophy are a few of my social positions. If you haven't noticed, I am a social conservative as well.

Well said Eric3446, I am an economic libertarian as well but still a staunch social conservative. John McCain is also quite libertarian in philosphy but is also pro-life. B)