270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mokbubble2

Realistic Polling Times

Im going to edits the poll closing times to make them in the chronology that they closed in the elections. I might cheat a bit on 2000, to save time : )

Anyone ever played President Elect? That game had an awesome election night. You could watch the returns come in in real time as votes started coming in from multiple states, untill eventually states would be called. That game was made in liek 89' so Im sure the folks nowadays could do a similiar concept.

Im going to edits the poll closing times to make them in the chronology that they closed in the elections.  I might cheat a bit on 2000, to save time : )

Anyone ever played President Elect?  That game had an awesome election night. You could watch the returns come in in real time as votes started coming in from multiple states, untill eventually states would be called.  That game was made in liek 89' so Im sure the folks nowadays could do a similiar concept.

I've played President Elect. I have it on my computer. It certainly is interesting how it shows you how much percent of the vote is in. Once I played as Mario Cuomo and with 97% of the votes in in Texas I was leading with roughly 1000 votes. I lost by 74 votes in Texas and with that lost the general election

www.the-underdogs.org

The last election included is 1988, and the first is 1960. I would imagine that a very bored person could tinker with it, though...