• Richard Nixon
    • George Washington
    • Ronald Reagan
    • John F. Kennedy
    • Harry Truman
    • Franklin Roosevelt
    • Other

Howdy Hardrightconservative,

Well, we have God's Word that is higher than all man-made laws. That should suffice.

Also, we need to remember that God gaves us all Free Will to be our unit of operation plus He gave us His Word to guide us in using our Free Will.

When someone chooses to be a Sodomite then they suffer the consequences by their own hand - for using Free Will - for disobeying God's Will. So we believers really have no control over others whether right or wrong, only ourselves.

Sodomy ruined the city-states of Sodom and Gomorrah. It ruined the Roman & Grecian Empires. It will ruin the United States if accepted Nationally.

Also government is to protect the rights of us being able to use our Free Will not hinder it. IE - National Laws Requiring Seat Belts. So what does this mean? We live without laws? Without government? No. It can be confusing if one is not careful. Abuse of Liberty is turned into a License to Sin.

In order to preserve Free Will then there must be privacy, that's what I tell the congregation, if I hear of anyone purposely snooping and being a busy body in someone else's business without that person's consent that's a warning, another time and I move to have that person churched (voted out of our local New Testament Church) it may sound harsh but it is done so to protect our Congregation's privacy to use Free Will.

So, if the Fed. Amendment was passed then it would ultimately lead to further government intrusion into peoples lives and negate the possibilty of consequences in peoples lives.

While I agree the this is taking the moral and Biblical high ground, even if it ever passes all that would be needed would be a Liberal majority to have a new amendment to override it.

I may sound contradictory to some but I'm not. Remember Christ told the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31. Father Abraham tells the Rich Man that his brethren have "Moses and the Prophets" so we have the Bible to go by in our lives as Believers.

See, we Believers hold dual citizenship. If the government passes a law: All citizens must pray to not for the President (suppose they did) then under the laws of our Lord in His Word then we are to disobey that Secular Law. So we live under the Lord's Word ultimately and reside in our nations where we live and abide by the Pro-Scripture and Neutral Laws therein (see Daniel Chapter 3).

This raises a question: are believers to be involved politically? Yes. We should be therein standing up for the Lord and His Word. The world is under Satan's control until the Millennial reign of Christ. Until then we hold our dual citizenship, Stand and Live for Christ.

Sorry if I rambled on.

A liberal majority in Congress could not just overturn an Amendment, all the States would need to pass the new Amendment that overruled the old, such as with Prohibition. All the states will not become liberal enough for that to happen...it would require 38 states to change from their stance of supporting to opposing said Amendment...and that is not going to change if it gets passed.

What about the 18th and 21st amendments? I know different issues and understandings but we still were able to repeal an amendment. The section of our country where the religious beliefs play a strong hand in the basis of political thought is still the South, and we are having folks from all over move down here and bring their ways of thinking with them and try to change how our children think etc. So if the country is half - conservative, half-liberal and 1% out there according to the popular folks what is to prevent the continued break down of our culture which in turn would lead to more human secularist thinking (man is ultimately God)? Nothing if believers will not take a stand and put forth our beliefs and let the people choose. I used that as an illustration. But you're right it would happen right away. An amendment sucess would lull the opposition against Sodomy to sleep in a false short term victory. Go for the long term victory evangelize and teach and reach out to lost hurting souls.

A liberal majority in Congress could not just overturn an Amendment, all the States would need to pass the new Amendment that overruled the old, such as with Prohibition.

18th and 21st right there. All I was saying was if it was passed, it would take a long time for it to be repealed, if at all.

well i say what a person does in their own bedroom is there buisness (by the way i'm not gay nor do i know any person that is) but i say we have no right to tell people who they can and can't marry kinda like we have know right to tell a woman what to do with her own body

last thing on homosexuality yet again i don't know any gay people nor do i want to meet any but i don't this is a disease or a sickness or whatever if u look at the amount of hatred that is projected at the gay community (some of which i witnessed personally) they don't just choose this life this is just how they were born and i applaud those who chose to admit what they are over living a lie

Its not predjudice SSVegeta123243, its right vs. wrong. I have no right to tell a person what to do the Bible, God's Infallible Word does that. We have Free Will to decide whether or not we do what God says or what our bodies (the Old Sin Nature is in our flesh - due to the reasoning from the Apostle Paul) say.

"i've already shown the truth about the bible" ::snickers:: sure you did my friend. But seriously. The Bible is not predjuiced mankind is predjudiced. I have a friend whom I've been friends with since we were both in Kindergarten and he has been a sodomite since 7th grade...and he's still my friend. He knows the Bible and he chose to do what he does. I do not condemn him, the Bible condemns his lifestyle but I love him in the Lord as my friend.

The sodomites and other folks can't see the difference between hating sin and loving the sinner because they are blind. It comes across as hating the sin and sinner. We win no body for Christ that way, but we cannot compromise our Faith.

last thing on homosexuality yet again i don't know any gay people nor do i want to meet any but i don't this is a disease or a sickness or whatever if u look at the amount of hatred that is projected at the gay community (some of which i witnessed personally) they don't just choose this life this is just how they were born and i applaud those who chose to admit what they are over living a lie

God declares Sodomy is an abomination. He would not "make" somebody be an abomination to Him since He desires that all come to know Him and furthermore since He is perfect He cannot do anything that is Imperfect. We "make" ourselves do wicked things. Not God. We can't blame our goofs and slips on God. God cannot contradict God.

Also there is no scientific evidence that Sodomy is genetic it is behaviourable.

Creigl, where do you stand on a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage? Personally I think its awesome! :) I am thankful that President Bush is standing up to this sick immoral liberal agenda.

Bingo. Homosexuality is a plague spreading across America that needs to be stopped.

Hmmmmm... Immoral agendas from the Dims? Well what do you expect from a party that condoned what that sex offender in the White House was doing in '90's?

Looks like the 'Ol Gipper's ahead of Impeached former president Bill "Big Creep*" Clinton!

Reagan was by far the best out of all those choices. However I did not see Teddy Roosevelt. That would have been a tough decision. It seems we started the 20th with a great President and thank goodness we had another one in the next-to-last decade (80's) that kept our nation strong and proud. Couldn't tell I'm a hawk, eh?

*Monica and Linda's name for him, not mine!

man how many times must i prove the same point i guess some people just get set on one view point and stick with it. like i said i don't approve of homosexual retationships but i have no right to tell a person what they want to do and who they want to be with. and if gay people are going to hell let them go that's their choice i guess our societ always needs to find a new group of people to hate

You TR fans, yall ever read Morrison's Bio set? I cant wait for the 3rd volume.

Hello my old friend SSVegeta123243, No hating here. I hope they don't go to Hell but we all have our choice to make. GB.

God Bless yall.

not u creigl u use the bible to make your points so u have a reason (it's god's word their going against god's word so it's wrong) i'm talking about others who base there stance on pure hatred

SSVegeta123243,

Howdy! ::lightbulb comes on over head:: I see the differenitation (sp?) (can we get a spell checker on here :P ) now. I pity those type of folks. God bless you bro! C-ya later. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (can't help myself) I like bein' happy - and this is something I get a kick out of - small things in life humor me. :lol:

2 things

1) hard right i completely agree with u but i still say we have no right to tell people who they can marry

2) creigl good to see all of this talk about racism, discrimination, and religion brings a smile to your face it always lightens up my day

SSVegeta123243,

Noooooooo. Not those things, it was us being in agreement.......guess I should've spelled it out. ::small rainy clouds come over head:: :lol: (naah just kiddin')

But my Faith brings a SMILE to my face. :) Cya buddy.

:) You know I can agree with you..........I just wish he'd be replaced by Michael A. Peroutka! :lol: But Republican Ruination isn't good. (But would Democratic Disaster be?) I'll just stick with a Constitutional Comeback! :) Cheers my good friend, SSVegeta123243. Dreams do come true, and perhaps yours will. (maybe mine will... ::wakes up from dream and sighs:: someday!)