270soft Forum

Theyll forgive Bush for whatever happens. They didnt hold it against Bush's father for appointting Soutter, so I highly doubt that the right wil break ranks with the GOP because Roberts isnt conservative enough.

well that book is very biased and i would call it more fantasy than reality and as for the gop's base as long as they keep saying god is on their side while the dems keep playing the middle they will keep winning

as for the scenario i would look at every senator is who is in his early 40's to late 30's and call him or her a major candidate in 2012

True enough just about every senator runs for president sometime in his career. I think this list should be fine for now. Only thing I would like to add is Newsome, Spitzer and Romney. That should be a wide range of candidates.

Next step is adding all the state information. Florida is going to be even more important, and Ohio is projected to lose 2 electoral collage votes according to the report I read. ANyone think Louisiana will lose electoral votes? They wouldnt necessairly have to lose people, but just be a smaller percent of the nation's population.

I thought the same thing, I dont want an American war of the Roses...house of Clinton vs House of Bush.

Alright I added population projections and fixed some of the congressional majority and overnor majority information. Now all I have to do is add regional issue data and tweak things up a bit.

I should double-check my electoral college numbers as well.

The Numbers Ive gotten are from republican sites, but they look about right. Main disagreement is if Texas will gain 2 or 3 if NY will lose 1 or 2 and if LA will lose 1...which seems even more likely now.

Mainly midwestern states will lose 1 and so will MA

They both agree AZ CA and NV will gain 1 Florida will gain 2

Ill see if i can find some numbers from a more liberal site, to se if they differ.

Im a bit surprised AZ doesnt gain more

On 9/22/2005 at 7:46 PM, zion said:

Barack Obama,

My bet, by 2012, the first Black President of the US.

Wow that was an accurate prediction.

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2005 at 5:18 AM, Hippiebabaoriley said:

I was thinking Iran nukes us in spring 06, we realize we made a mistake, nuke them, cause them to nuke israel, pakistan nukes india, we nuke pakistan, egypt, syria, jordan, and lebaon are nuked by israel, russia and china releas their stuff. we invade N korea, france, and canada, Asia destroyed, we pull troops out and we just take over.

http://funnyjunk.com/pages/world.htm

Well, this wasn't an accurate prediction...

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2005 at 4:44 AM, Hippiebabaoriley said:

The war on terror could still be an issue....

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2005 at 3:22 AM, Maviejderha said:

I think Immigration will be a huge issue for the forseeable future.

But these were spot on

On 11/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, LegolasRedbard said:

Well, this wasn't an accurate prediction...

Some say Iran has had nukes since that time.

Just now, NYrepublican said:

Some say Iran has had nukes since that time.

I was more referring to the predicted apocalypse