270soft Forum

Scenario Moving

Taft

Ok...I've got everything sorted out, but to use Hare-Niemeyer, there's one thing I keep getting as an error message:

"No highest fraction in minor distribution"

How do I resolve this, does anyone know?

Ok...I've got everything sorted out, but to use Hare-Niemeyer, there's one thing I keep getting as an error message:

"No highest fraction in minor distribution"

How do I resolve this, does anyone know?

Perhaps it has something to do with the primary_secondary_conversion.p4e file. This is a new one on me. :blink:

I get two errors. When I try and load it it said "Cannot open file graphics/scenario-specific/united-kingdom-2005/select-scenario.bmp"

Try to play it, it says "Cannot open file graphics/scenario-specific/united-kingdom-2005/select-player.bmp" or "Link out of Bounds (0)"

The scenario file for UK 2005 says, at the very bottom:

@background_graphics_folder

united-kingdom-2005

@end

Go into the 'graphics/scenario-specific' folder of UK 2005. You need to copy the 'united-kingdom-2005' folder into C4E's scenario-specific folder for it to work correctly. It fills in the backgrounds for the scenario.

Make sure that no party has a value of 0 in the primary_secondary_conversion.txt file. .1 usually works for parties you want to get nothing.

I sorted all of the above out, and it jammed up loading the scenario...just acted like it was loading and never seemed to finish.

Update: I just got the Australia scenario transferred. Runs just fine with very little editing involved. Odd...UK doesn't want to run, but Australia's doing fine.

Edit: Scrap that. It crashed on election night. I'll probably need to cook up a party-preference file.

OK, I fixed it. You just need to take out the first party name in the primary_secondary preferences file. So where it says

Labour

Conservative

Lib Dem

... you just need to take out the name of the party it says isn't a valid integer. The one I got was Labour, so I took out Labour and it worked.

Ok...given that it wouldn't quiet down even when I shut the Hare-Niemeyer off, can I either send my copy to someone for troubleshooting -or- have someone send me a working version? Thanks.

OK, I fixed it. You just need to take out the first party name in the primary_secondary preferences file. So where it says

Labour

Conservative

Lib Dem

... you just need to take out the name of the party it says isn't a valid integer. The one I got was Labour, so I took out Labour and it worked.

I've fixed that error, but mow I get "List Index out of bounds (161)" :(

Archived