270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tom

World War 1

give me some issues and I'll take care of the rest. I'm already updating my Europe map to include the Ottoman Empire, parts of Africa, Persia, and combining Hungary, Czech, and Austria to reform Austria-Hungary. I think I'm going to keep Germany and Poland as they are now for simplicities sake. unless someone really thinks I should change them...

OK forget issues, what about candidates? Besides Wilson and Clemenseu for Entente, the Kaiser for Central Alliance, and Lenin and Trotsky for Communists, who else could run?

Central Alliance:

Emperor Charles I - Austria-Hungary

Sultan Mehmed V - Turkey/Ottoman Empire

Prime Minister Ahmed Tevfik Pasha - Turkey/Ottoman Empire

well I finished the map and downloaded the unit portraits I'm going to use although I haven't resized them yet... but issues. here's what I have...

Blame

Reparations

Monarchy

Democracy

Submarine Warfare

Use of Poison Gas

Communism

Air Force

Conscription

Tanks

United States Intervention

Belgium Neutrality

Arch Duke's Assassination

Post-War Treaties

Wilson

Russia

Mexico

I don't know if I like it though... I'm thinking maybe I should go more along the lines of what I did with the issues of "John Calvin" and "Luther" in the Protestant Reformation map. Should I just have an Entente issue and a Central Alliance issue? I would do something like (from right to left) ______ should rule europe, gain territory, no change, secede some territory, become conquered territory. Or should I stick with the issues I have now? What do you think?

I'm not sure... I've been pretty busy and there hasn't been much interest on this forum topic... If I can get motivated enough to finish the issues than I'll be almost done.

Funny what you can do when you set your mind to it...

In any case I'm finished! I have 4 candidates each for the Entente and Central Alliance "parties" and 3 for Communist Party. If you run the numbers that's 48 different candidate combinations- not bad at all! The issues that I ended up with are as follows...

Entente

Central Alliance

Blame

Reparations

Monarchy

Democracy

Alsace-Lorraine

Submarine Warfare

Use of Poison Gas

Communism

United States Intervention

Belgium Neutrality

Archduke's Assassination

Post-War Treaties

Wilson

Russia

Mexico

Africa

I've played the scenario 3 times tonight. As Central Alliance I managed to take everything except Russia (which went communist), Switzerland, France, Spain, and Portugal (which went Entente) and England which (quite surprisingly) ended up Commy as well! Perhaps it was because Lenin was running as the Communist and I was pretty generous with his stats.

As Entente I did even better. I ended up winning both Germany, Poland, and the Ottoman Empire. the only thing I didn't have was Russia, Austria-Hungary, Italy and a handful of low vote countries which I can't remember.

As Communist I wasn't able to pull off the win but I did get 25% of the popular vote and more electoral votes than the entire Entente (in this case Tsar Nicholas II.)

Anyways I'm not going to submit it just yet because I haven't made it regional yet. I'm not even sure if I'm going to this time, I'm not convinced it's necessary and it'd take at least an hour to do. So that's the story. I'm pretty pleased with the map so far, I think it's at least as fun as the Protestant Reformation maps and I'll be curious to see if anyone can pull off a win as the Communists (which have a party strength level of 3 and half the funds of the other two parties, not to mention a weaker start.) That will be interesting...

Anyways I'll probably send it within a few days. If anyone decides they can't wait I might be convinced to email out a "Beta" so to speak.

my pleasure. I'm glad people are enthusiastic about "my work." lol.

*edit* I just won my best game EVER. I ran Lenin as a Communist against Kaiser Wilhelm II as Central Alliance. I won every country and 72% of the popular vote. I didn't cheat or set the party or starting money to anything besides its normal numbers. my score on the P4E scoreboard is 102 and my rating is "Godly." I didn't think there was anything beyond Supreme!

OK I sent in the scenario so it'll be up on the page in the non-too-distant future. In the end I decided not to regionalize it. If I did that, it would be almost impossible for the Entente to take Germany or for the Central Alliance to take France and I thought it would take some of the fun out of the game. Plus I was finally able to win as Lenin with all 3 parties at the same time so I thought it was a pretty good map as is. so yeah, expect it to be up soon...

This sounds great!!

Good work!!! Making scenarios is a lot more time-consuming than one would think and like for that matter!!

Could you email me a copy??

gwbush212121@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot!!