270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hardrightconservative

Separate Party & Candidate issue positions

As I recall, President 2000 had a candidates positions and the positions of the party separate. So one could run a presidential candidate that disagreed with the party on some issues.

i.e. Jim Prentice and Stockwell Day, though in the same party have differing opinions on some issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage

That way moderates and centrists would be willing to skip the Liberals for Jim Prentice but Right wing social conservatives may back the CHP for instance. This would add a great new dynamic to the game.

It would be cool to include this feature in Prime Minister Forever/President Forever.

Any thoughts? :huh:

As I recall, President 2000 had a candidates positions and the positions of the party separate.  So one could run a presidential candidate that disagreed with the party on some issues.

i.e. Jim Prentice and Stockwell Day, though in the same party have differing opinions on some issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage

That way moderates and centrists would be willing to skip the Liberals for Jim Prentice but Right wing social conservatives may back the CHP for instance.  This would add a great new dynamic to the game.

It would be cool to include this feature in Prime Minister Forever/President Forever.

Any thoughts?  :huh:

I think that's a great idea. That way, you'd pick up the usual voters because of the platform, but may also pick up some moderates with your own personal preferences.

However, party platforms are so based off of the nominees' positions these days...

I think that's a great idea. That way, you'd pick up the usual voters because of the platform, but may also pick up some moderates with your own personal preferences.

However, party platforms are so based off of the nominees' positions these days...

I think that is truer in American politics butthere are big differences in Conservatives like Geroge W. Bush and Pat Buchanan for instance and they each have distinct appeal to some different classes of voters. It would be a really cool feature I think.

I think that is truer in American politics butthere are big differences in Conservatives like Geroge W. Bush and Pat Buchanan for instance and they each have distinct appeal to some different classes of voters.  It would be a really cool feature I think.

Sounds Awesome... it could apply to all parties...

As I recall, President 2000 had a candidates positions and the positions of the party separate.  So one could run a presidential candidate that disagreed with the party on some issues.

That way moderates and centrists would be willing to skip the Liberals for Jim Prentice but Right wing social conservatives may back the CHP for instance.  This would add a great new dynamic to the game.

Any thoughts?  :huh:

Brilliant idea, HRC!!

I think that is truer in American politics butthere are big differences in Conservatives like Geroge W. Bush and Pat Buchanan for instance and they each have distinct appeal to some different classes of voters.  It would be a really cool feature I think.

Oh yeah I know. Don't get me wrong; I like the idea, I was just making an observation.