270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danieldlmn

VP Debate in the games

Hmm. Could be interesting, only that most VP debates have little if any real impact on the Presidential race itself since most people don't base their decision on the #2. However, it would make the game more realistic, which I am always a proponent of, so maybe an argument could be made there to have them in anyway even if their significance is minimal. My one question would be: would players still find the VP debates to be worth the trouble of putting into the game if they really aren't going to make that much of a difference anyway?

THAT WOULD BE WONDERFUL!!!!! Then Edwards could mop the floor with Cheney in the game too!

Whatever! Your living in a dream world of fantasy and unrealistic expectations! :lol: Cheney will destroy that incompetent scumbag Edwards!

dude what's with the unnecessary name calling please give me a reason y u called edwards an incompetent scumbag what has he done to show this i can give u many reasons y bush is an idiot and cheney is a corperate crook but tell me y edwards is an incompetent scumbag

and when did edwards flip flop and even if he did y does that make him a scumbag

and as for the senate whats more important missing senate votes or getting bush out of the white house i mean campaigning for president than vice president takes time

Edwards is a goof, the moderator told him not to mention Kerry by name for one answer and he did it twice! Total dork! He had no facts just dumb accusations with no substance. Cheney brought the meat and kicked Edwards around! :D

VP debate could be a low power event - but something new for the game. another event to spin and maybe drum up some interest. (certainly sparked some controversy on here - lol)

Yea, but we're political junkies!! :P

Anyway, I do support the idea. I wonder though, how a player would be able to prepare his VP for the debate, maybe they can just mimick the attributes of the presidential candidate with a +1 for whatever advantage they offer?

Or will we have separate ones for the VP? Which would add an entire new dimension into the game!!

I think its a good idea. My only concern is, as someone who has tried his hand at scenario creation, is how much more complex this will make creating scenarios. The 1.15 update added a few new quirks, and the primaries addition will probably do the same. While all of the above are good and necessary additions, it would be nice if scenario creation remained somewhat simple.

I think its a good idea. My only concern is, as someone who has tried his hand at scenario creation, is how much more complex this will make creating scenarios. The 1.15 update added a few new quirks, and the primaries addition will probably do the same. While all of the above are good and necessary additions, it would be nice if scenario creation remained somewhat simple.

I agree. It is easy for those who have never made a scenario to make demands but to those of us who have and are making scenarios a little bit of simplicity is needed.

I'm not sure how much prep helps in the game. I often neglect it but still do well in the debates (with most candidates). it seems being rested gives them more of an edge.

Yea, that's true Vols. Sometimes when I'm making a scenario and just give it a "test run" by pressing the space bar over and over again as my candidate, I still win debates just because I am fully rested even as my other attributes are going down!!

I hope they fix that in the next update.