270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swing Voter

NDP Majortiy...in Alberta?

Nope, that was Grant Notley.  For once IO know something about Canadian politics, YEY!!!!

You are correct. :D There is a Grant Notley memorial park in Edmonton with a bunch of Alberta NDPers/CCFers with plaques and stuff... FYI

Hey, I can see my grandparents' apartment from that picture. :o When I was a kid I'd walk around that area whenever I went to visit them.

Hey, I can see my grandparents' apartment from that picture. :o When I was a kid I'd walk around that area whenever I went to visit them.

It's a small world afterall....

Yeah I've went jogging through Grant Notley Park. :) I don't think that the NDP will be able to top their 1986 and 1989 totals of 16 seats. The Liberals will have to collapse and the Greens will have to disappear. The NDP will also need a charismatic leader in the Notley mold. David Eggen might be a good bet but he lacks the experience. Any thoughts Tony? Who do you think would make a great NDP Alberta leader?

I think its a bit of a moot point because we've sort of thrown our lot in with Brian Mason at least for the time being. And its only really year 2 of his leadership right now (only about 14 months old).

I will say this, I've never met anyone with the one-on-one touch of David Eggen... truly a great ambassdor for the party.