270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SaskGuy

Martin Majority 2004

I managed to get Martin a huge majority in 2004.

martin2004QC.png

He took 49 seats in Quebec and 104 in Ontario. The only NDP members elected were Libby Davies, Lorne Nystrom, Bill Blaikie, and Jack Layton.

That's what was predicted before AdScam broke and people discoverd what a dud Martin really is.

That's what was predicted before AdScam broke and people discoverd what a dud Martin really is.

Perhaps in Québec, but Canada-wide, the result of the Conservatives is too high and of the NDP too low. Checking nodice.ca indicates that the CPC's support at that time averaged about 20% with the NDP's averaging 14-15%.

BTW, nice map.

If you could perhaps send me that map...

And those photos, which are also well done. :)

brian.appel@gmail.com

Perhaps in Québec, but Canada-wide, the result of the Conservatives is too high and of the NDP too low. Checking nodice.ca indicates that the CPC's support at that time averaged about 20% with the NDP's averaging 14-15%.

BTW, nice map.

I'd say that at 14 or 15% the NDPs support is overstated. They are unelectable outside of a few centres. They don't even appear on the radar in much of Ontario nor are they even a minor factor in Alberta or Quebec.

I would change one thing to that map tough. I would merge the 3 northern territories together. Doesnt make sense to waste a precious turn for a single seat.

From playing the scenario, it makes a huge difference. Really, it makes the game so much easier to play. Don't have to scroll thorugh 70 or 100 ridings every time I go to Quebec or Ontario. Thank you so much. :)

And Mantis, the NDP got 15.7% of 2004's vote...

Excellent map, Saskguy!

If you don't mind, could you also send it to me?

criagbritt@yahoo.com

Thanks. :D

I'd say that at 14 or 15% the NDPs support is overstated.  They are unelectable outside of a few centres.  They don't even appear on the radar in much of Ontario nor are they even a minor factor in Alberta or Quebec.

Subsequently, the Conservatives are non-factors in Quebec, the 416, Vancouver Proper, Winnipeg proper, Newfoundland outside of St. Johns... so they're support a 20% is over stated. By your... oh so flawed logic...

Subsequently, the Conservatives are non-factors in Quebec, the 416, Vancouver Proper, Winnipeg proper, Newfoundland outside of St. Johns... so they're support a 20% is over stated.  By your... oh so flawed logic...

The Conservatives have a far wider base of support than the NDP, Tony.

a_winner_is_me.png

I was going to say I one-upped you for unrealism...

Though the Bloc did do better in mine, and for some reason the Tories did great in Ontario (While losing much of Edmonton and some of Calgary).