270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oompalumpa

Scandals!

Hi, I am looking for a way to reduce the ridiculous amount of Scandals in my game. I am playing right now with the game minimized, and for the last week all three newspaper headlines have been "DEAN SCANDAL." There was a debate last night, but that didnt make the newspaper becuase every single story was "DEAN SCANDAL." Scandals are a great addition, but right now they just dominate the game. This exact same thing has cost me many elections as republican and democratic canidates. Is there an option to reduce scandals, or is there some file I can modify?

being able to turn scandals on or off would be a useful addition. really sucks when two candidtes team up on you, spin the thing crazy, and all you use your CPs for is damage control

also it seems if you being researching a scandal, the odds increase a scandal will hit you - but I'm not positive of that

The only thing I don't like about scandals is sometimes they last a long ass time at like a 2, and sometimes you can't keep them around at all and they just die out. I mean you spend all this time and CPs trying to get one out in the open and it's nothing. Or even worse you get a bunch against you all at once.

I mean I havn't played in a long time, and I had great strategies for Scandals, but I'd rather know the real effect a scandal will have, not just if it's big or not.

being able to turn scandals on or off would be a useful addition.  really sucks when two candidtes team up on you, spin the thing crazy, and all you use your CPs for is damage control

also it seems if you being researching a scandal, the odds increase a scandal will hit you - but I'm not positive of that

yeah, when that happens, it makes the game so frustrating and it seems impossible to win.