270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
c_m_ryan2003

Please Help

Well, I thought I was doing ok trying to create my first real scenario. I have been doing it basically on a trial and error basis. I was trying to do something small and work in to something bigger. I designed a map of Atlantic Canada. It's not great but looks half decent. I had to make Labrador look a lot smaller than it is, just so I could fit the whole region. I decided I would only use 4 regions to start with. Once I got the hang of this I would go bigger. So, I used each province as a region, got the variables for each region from the map, put them in the region variables file and thought I was good to go. I was wrong, the map I designed never even showed up when I loaded the game. All I see is a bunch of lines. The flags however show up in the right places, I juat have no map. What I am looking for is just a little help. If someone is willing, I could send them my map, and the variables file so they can check to see where I went wrong. It may be only something little that I forgot to do. Then again I could have messed this thing up big time. Like I said this scenario is really just a practice, but if I can't succeed at this, then there is no sense trying something bigger. I have a lot of ideas, and have bits of info on paper already, and would really like to be able to go forward with them. So if anyone is willing to take a look at these files, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris...

Man, I was thinking about that idea earlier, except that Cape Breton and Labrador would be seperate reigons. Have the PCs, Libs, and NDP (Kinda morph all the provincial logos together), and a pro US party, and make it like 1-24k ratio of legislators.

Man, I was thinking about that idea earlier, except that Cape Breton and Labrador would be seperate reigons.  Have the PCs, Libs, and NDP (Kinda morph all the provincial logos together), and a pro US party, and make it like 1-24k ratio of legislators.

I am using more regions, but right now I am only using the 4 provinces as a practice run. I have been working on this off and on for a few months. The total number of ridings is 64. Newfoundland and Labrador - 14, P.E.I. - 8, Nova Scotia - 22, and New Brunswick - 20. As you can probably see, all I did was double the number of federal ridings each province has at the federal level. Once I get this map problem straightened out, I will then separate the provinces into regions. Right now I am stuck using the map from PM Forever, and since the Atlantic provinces are so small compared to the rest of the country, there wouldn't be much room to have them nroken down any further.