270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
directd

Best & Worst Campaigns you've played

Well, I just played a couple games as a (gulp) yes Republican. But see, the way I played it, is that I only started airing advertisements until the final 2 or 3 weeks of the election, to make it more challenging and exciting! (I love close races!) And yes I always play with dynamism off.

I played one time in the 2008 Scenario as Tom DeLay against Hillary Clinton and lost...the popular vote 44%-49%. 5 Points. A wide margin.

BUT

I narrowly won the Electoral Vote thus winning the election as Tom DeLay despite getting trounced in the popular vote! It was one of the most bizarre elections I've ever played in, what a wild event if that ever were to happen in real life?!? I bet there would be open talk of Revolution of the streets of New York if a conservative Republican lost by a whopping 5 points nationwide but still took the White House.

The other memorable game I played was with poppy George HW Bush in the 1992 scenario. Since I was using my other computer at the time (the one currently with internet access, I just moved) it was without the update, so I had to go on how P4E was when it was first released. You really start to appreciate the things they did for the update when you play the old version, especially on Election Night when all those states go by so fast and you can't ever click at them to see what happened.

So anyway, I played as poppy Bush, was really damaged by a Very Weak Economy and scandal, was losing big in every debate so I was forced to release my ads 3 weeks till election day, a little bit earlier than I usuallly do when I play as a Republican.

I also released a size 9 scandal on Clinton that turned into a 12 at its peak. I attacked Clinton on abortion and bombarded the airwaves in the final 3 weeks with of ads on my leadership/exp.

The result was one of the closes and most exciting elecitons ever.

It was literally almost every battleground state going by 1 or 2 points, 1 or 2 points.

Florida: Bush 45-43

Ohio: Bush 43-42

Missouri: Bush 39-39

Colorado: Clinton 41-40

Montana: Clinton 38-36

Virginia: Bush 45-44

Tennessee: Clinton 47-44

Arizona: Bush 46-45

Wisconsin: Bush 48-46

New Hampshire: Clinton 48-45

Nevada: Clinton 45-42

Lousiana: Clinton 47-45 (I was shocked at this, Clinton was up big in this state for weeks)

Also Perot won Maine: Perot 38-33

And sorry JoSpiv, but as Bush I won Jersey 52-46.

The final result was Clinton winning the popular vote easy and by winning NY, CA, MI, PA he won the Electoral Vote with a total of

Clinton 288 Bush 244 Perot 4

Though I lost, which wasn't too bad since I was Bush, I was surprised with how close it was although if you just change 1 or 2 percent here and there, Clinton wins in a landslide in both the EV and popular vote. Still, one heck of a race!

i beat dubya as john kerry by winning all the gore states plus ohio, virginia, and flordia

also i beat dubya in the scenario "the return of clinton" 468 to 70

clinton got 56% of the pop. vote

Best campaign would be as Joseph Biden in Ultimate 2008 scenario against Bill Frist with me winning 411 to 127 with about 65% of the p.v.

Worst campaign was with Jimmy Carter against Reagan in '80 where i lost 508 to 30 *only winning Georgia(12), Alabama(9), Arkansas(6), and D.C.(3)*

Most disappointing campaign: Running as Humphrey against Nixon in '68 losing in Hawaii by 18 votes therefor losing the election 270-269 w/ 50% of the popular vote.

edwards_election.gif

The best campaign maybe will be this one, I won clearly Powell/Rice with Edwards/H.Clinton on the electoral college, but the popular vote was 5%, which is not soo much.

On the start I just put Badnarik instead of Nolan as the Libertarian Candidate, and change the "%" file results to 2004's real results, although I put them a bit higher for Nader, and took from the rest of the candidates on an equal basis.

On the start I was 4% back, I put dynamism on to see how it worked, at there was many states tie, but Powell won 200 and something vs. 170 EV (more or less) for Edwards.

I finally got the election clearly, and even won Alaska (I just flicked two or three times there).

California was quite close during all the campaign, and until the last week it was draw (it was supossed to be clear Edwards). I think I also won in Kentucky, and in Edwards homestate of North Carolina. Badnarik ended ruined.

My tightest race was a loss. Lost to Elliott Spitzer (New York Governor's Race) by a total of 723 votes.

Closest and best win, John McCain over Hillary Clinton 271-268, and it all came down to Alaska, which was won by McCain by 2 points, and polls going into the election had it going for Clinton (ultimate).

And if we are talking about blow-outs, I took out John Kerry as Rudy Guiliani, giving up only Mass. and DC to Kerry.

edwards_election.gif

The best campaign maybe will be this one, I won clearly Powell/Rice with Edwards/H.Clinton on the electoral college, but the popular vote was 5%, which is not soo much.

On the start I just put Badnarik instead of Nolan as the Libertarian Candidate, and change the "%" file results to 2004's real results, although I put them a bit higher for Nader, and took from the rest of the candidates on an equal basis.

On the start I was 4% back, I put dynamism on to see how it worked, at there was many states tie, but Powell won 200 and something vs. 170 EV (more or less) for Edwards.

I finally got the election clearly, and even won Alaska (I just flicked two or three times there).

California was quite close during all the campaign, and until the last week it was draw (it was supossed to be clear Edwards). I think I also won in Kentucky, and in Edwards homestate of North Carolina. Badnarik ended ruined.

How did you get the Libertarian vote total so low? I can never keep them under 1 million.

I barnstormed in the South for the last few days of the campaign, probably why. Both states were very close, though. (I lost NC by 3.7%, and won Alabama by 2.2%.)

u couldnt get texas? its not that hard

every time i blow somebody out, i usually win all the southern states except mississippi or alabama, cant remember

theyre the same anyways, racist rednecks