270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
directd

Best & Worst Campaigns you've played

Actually you can take a few more states with Perot with Dynamism off, than I thought. I got 8 small one (Alaska, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nevada) and got close in 3 other (Maine, Minnesota, Washington)

But it is not easy to get the big states, so i guess winning the election (Dynamism off) with Perot is almost impossible...

I'm not sure I understand what Dynamism actually is. Can someone explain it to me in a way other than what the help file has?

Dynamism also increases the likelihood that a candidate will get hit with a pie. :blink:

i think it magnifies everything and scandals have even more of an effect it's pretty unrealistic and could have been left off the game

So?

Nobody's forcing you to use it, and it's fun to end up with a Jack Layton/Bill Blaikie ticket winning it all in the United North America Scenario.

dude i was giving my opinion thats what people do on these boards give opinions and i don't use because as i said it takes away from the realism and was an unnecessary addition

I just finished one that was pretty interesting. 2004 as Kerry/Edwards vs. Bush/Cheney. This was probably one of the most exciting defeats I ever played. I had all options turned on and included Nader and the Libertarian (why isn't Badnarik available in the 2004 campaign?). The whole game was back and forth, back and forth. By the end of election night it was Bush with 267 Electoral Votes and Kerry with 268, with only Alaska left to report in. I never even visited Alaska during the whole campaign so I figured I was doomed. I was right. Final tally:

Bush 270

Kerry 268

Wild. I lost by 2 votes with my opponent getting only enough to reach the needed number for victory.

Bush 270

Kerry 268

Wild. I lost by 2 votes with my opponent getting only enough to reach the needed number for victory.

Had worse... or better, depending on your point of view. Playing with Edwards, I gained 269 EVs to Bush's 269. Congress gave it to Bush, though I did beat him by 3 points in the popular vote.

on that note what's up with the congress in these future election every game gives the congress to the republicans i mean are the republicans gonna control the house for the next 16 years i doubt it

Bush 270

Kerry 268

Had worse... or better, depending on your point of view. Playing with Edwards, I gained 269 EVs to Bush's 269. Congress gave it to Bush, though I did beat him by 3 points in the popular vote.

OUCH! I have had a few close elections lost in Congress! I hate knowing your going to lose in Congress when you don't have plurality in the vote! <_<

Bad scenario - I ran Dean/Clinton vs. Bush/Cheney in the 2004 election and lost 4 times in a row with the margin always around 280-290 for Bush. :angry::angry:

I then tried Gore/Clinton vs. Bush/Cheney in the 2004 election and ended up 269 to 269 EV, and that damn congress gave it to Bush. :angry::angry:

Maybe Hillary is the problem? :o

George Prescott Bush won a total landslide in the Rising Stars. His 478 EV is more than I even got with Reagan (448).

Ventura won with 343. Perot with 276 (but 35% popular vote got him a low score).

Getting 73 electoral votes with Libratarian party was a fun acheivement

(and of course the congress gives the election to Bush --- might be more fun to watch the states cast their votes and how many ballots they might have to go through. should be some logic that high popular vote in a state might cause them to vote that way, some vote switching by moderates, etc.).

Have taken to GW to a couple landslides over Kerry (that one can be taken either way depending on who the human player is)

i just played my own version of 2004 and won missouri by 40 votes

once i won virginia by 3

3 votes!!!!!!!! :wacko: Wow! I once lost New Mexico (and the election <_<) by 11 votes. The Electoral College was 272-266 which really irked me. But wow 3 votes! That is quite funny! :lol: