270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
troosvelt

Incumbent indicator

I don't know how good it would look next to the candidates name, but if you were to put a * or some other symbol next to the incumbants name in the riding file, then when you are viewing the results you would know which ridings were changing. It may sound stupid but wouldn't this do the trick?

Chris

the moment the game is started, it auto loads the ridings file,

as far as i am aware, nothing changes until you hit done turn for the first time

so each riding will display the proportional vote according to the last election, in the cases of the scottish culled elections, they roughly reflect what would be expected.

Granted, looking at all the riding files during turn 1 will be mind numbing, so just starring them in the riding file would be much easyer, a good suggestion...

i shall use it in the scenarios i am creating...

cheers :D

This is how I typically mark incumbents:

Dunvegan-Central Peace

PC

Hector Goudreau

//i

Liberal

Don Thompson

NDP

Leon Pendleton

Doe you think It would be better to mark them likr this?

x-Hector Goudreau

I put (Inc.) after all incumbents - except for cabinet ministers who get their portfolio name in brackets, like in Winnipeg North:

Liberal

Rey Pagtakhan (WED)

//i

Conservative

Kris Stevenson

New Democratic

Judy Wasylyclia-Leis (Inc.)

//i

Pagtakhan was Minister of Western Economic Diversification and Wasylyclia-Leis was an NDP incumbent. I find trying to pick off / hang on to cabinet members and incumbents gives the game a little extra dimension. If you want to get really nerdy about it, after a win I sometimes go down the list of seats and see who'd I put in cabinet.