270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
histscot

Kerry for President Forever

If it is at all possible, can anyone please explain to me John Kerry's ratings in the default scenario for P4Ever?

A 4 for leadership? What is that based on? A silent Senate career or his great time as Lt. Governor of Taxachusetts?

Meanwhile Bush gets a three for charisma, stamina and issue familiarity.

I know I can edit it to be true.....but I thought I would get the discussion started.

P.S. Clearly the game is helped along by the developers(which I could care less about), but I just thought I would hear the argument for Kerry's leadership.

How about his service in Vietnam (opposed to Bush's service in the Texas National Guard), and his 25+ years as an elected official (as opposed to Bush's ten)?

No! You see, that sounds like rational analysis to me. Sounds like you are a member of the 'reality based community.'

Everyone in Britain was mighty pissed off that Kerry didn't win.

James

something else: bush is a 2 on debating.  what's up with that?  he should definately be a 1.

I always thought ones were reserved for really bad situations. A one in integrity would be given to someone like George Galloway while a one in debating would be given to someone who talks in an annoying voice, is a total buffoon, and can't string to sentences together. And while Bush is pretty bad at debating, he is not as bad as a one.

I always thought ones were reserved for really bad situations. A one in integrity would be given to someone like George Galloway

:rolleyes:

while a one in debating would be given to someone who talks in an annoying voice, is a total buffoon, and can't string to sentences together. And while Bush is pretty bad at debating, he is not as bad as a one.

Very true. Bush is not a 1. 1's are reseverved for the pathetic...Nixon's integrity, Clark's expierience, etc.

Very true.  Bush is not a 1.  1's are reseverved for the pathetic...Nixon's integrity, Clark's expierience, etc.

Clark as in Wesley Clark? No government experience, but Supreme Allied NATO Commander has to count for something....

Clark as in Wesley Clark? No government experience, but Supreme Allied NATO Commander has to count for something....

One can be Supreme Allied NATO Commander and not have a clue about American politics. I respect him in the former, but he was pretty bad in the latter.

If it is at all possible, can anyone please explain to me John Kerry's ratings in the default scenario for P4Ever? 

A 4 for leadership?  What is that based on?  A silent Senate career or his great time as Lt. Governor of Taxachusetts?

Meanwhile Bush gets a three for charisma, stamina and issue familiarity.

I know I can edit it to be true.....but I thought I would get the discussion started.

P.S.  Clearly the game is helped along by the developers(which I could care less about), but I just thought I would hear the argument for Kerry's leadership.

The developers maybe Canadian... if thats any help

One can be Supreme Allied NATO Commander and not have a clue about American politics.  I respect him in the former, but he was pretty bad in the latter.

I think if Wes Clark was given a real chance he'd be a great president. He started late, and was in a very crowded field. If he had come foward in different circumstances thngs may have been different.

Also, it's obvious hist that you don't like John Kerry and are a conservative. He getsa 4 for leadership because he's an excellent leader. I think Bush should get a 1 for Issue Familiarty btw, since he has no idea about anything unless Rove tells him what to think.

One can be Supreme Allied NATO Commander and not have a clue about American politics.  I respect him in the former, but he was pretty bad in the latter.

but that counts for something in executive experience... i can see giving him a 2, but a 1 would be totally out of line

personally, my favorite things about Clark were his tax plan (the most simple and progressive i've seen a mainstream politician put forth) and his opposition to the Cuban embargo.