270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
admin_270

Scenario Checker - Beta

Hi everybody,

You can download a Scenario Checker - Beta for Prime Minister Forever - British or Premier Forever here.

How to install Scenario Checker - Beta for Prime Minister forever - British or Premier Forever:

1. Unzip the ScenarioChecker.exe file to your Prime Minister Forever - British or Premier Forever - British Columbia folder.

2. Then run ScenarioChecker.exe.

Please note this is a Beta version. Any feedback is welcome.

Scenario Checker helps scenario designers by checking some standard scenario files for errors.

Scenario Checker may not find every error that exists in the files that it checks.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

• Upvote 1

Please note:

The file was modified just after the first message was posted. If you downloaded right after the message was posted and have any trouble running the file, please try downloading it again.

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Looks cool :)

On an entirely different tangent, could you explain how to install the v 1.06 patch for PMUK?

Is there going to be an update to this?

It seems like it doesn't detect a lot of the common errors.

Hi Appel4PM,

Currently, it only checks a subset of the total possible files, and will catch most of the basic errors in those files. If anyone determines that there was an error in one of the files that is being checked, but wasn't caught by the Scenario Checker, it would be quite helpful on this end if they could post that information.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Hi Appel4PM,

Currently, it only checks a subset of the total possible files, and will catch most of the basic errors in those files. If anyone determines that there was an error in one of the files that is being checked, but wasn't caught by the Scenario Checker, it would be quite helpful on this end if they could post that information.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Well, my Canada 2004 scenario will still not save...

I apparently have a party missing from one of my ridings in the ridings_data file. And also got "Conservative is not a valid integer" The riding with no party and the missing integer were not mentioned or located. I don't know how I'll find the time to check all 308 ridings for the one faulty one... :o

I apparently have a party missing from one of my ridings in the ridings_data file. And also got "Conservative is not a valid integer" The riding with no party and the missing integer were not mentioned or located. I don't know how I'll find the time to check all 308 ridings for the one faulty one... :o

What I do is this:

1. Make a copy of ridings_data

2. Open the original

3. Remove all but one riding from a region, on region at a time. I check the game in-between each region.

4. Once you find which region it is, put half of the ridings back in. If it doesn't happen, put a few more in. It's pretty much process of elimination.

Go to your scenarios folder, then look for a word doc entitled 'scenarios' or something. Open it and add all the scenario names.

(you can use this to change the order of your scenarios as well)