270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hillary/Sharton '12

Liberal Opposition

I don;t have a lot I can say for this because I did not expect such a result. I was playing as the SNP. I won 9 seats which was a dissappointment since polls the week before the election had me at 12 but that isn't the interesting thing. I had been going through the game with the public polling, mostly focusing on my own races but occassionally looking in at the national situation. For a few weeks in the middle of the campaign, it was labour with about 300 seats, tories with a 150 or so and the Libs doing ok. The Tories even had big mo. Then, in the last two weeks, the Blair starts doing better, getting up around 380 seats. Then, I initaite private polling, and what do I see? The Liberals have a lead in the Southwest, and they are almost tied with the conservatives for seats. Then, in the last week, scandals rock the Tories and these are the results:

Labour: 423 seats (about 40% pop)

Tories: 88 seats! (about 24% pop)

Lib Dem: 99 seats! (about 25% pop)

That's not so unusual. Are you playing with the Patch?

I've had plenty of games with Tories below 20. K-Gulen has had Tories 2 seats and Liberals 140.