270soft Forum
Sanford

Technical Help

I have been able to load some scenarios for President Forever eg 1968,1948,1860 but have had no success with others Kentucky Senate 2004, North Carolina Senate 2004, Pennsylvania Gubernatorial 2006.

They list under scenarios but refuse to open, what am I doing wrong?

I would be grateful for help?

Had no problem with any of those... I assume you got them in your scenarios.txt file but ..that's all I can think of.

You have to have the directory name on a new line with / (forward slash) after. You have to have the electorate_trends, regional_centers etc in the very first directory..

eg.

President Forever/Scenarios/Kentucky State 2004/electoral_trends.txt

not

President Forever/Scenarios/Kentucky State 2004/Kentucky State 2004/electoral_trends.txt

which you get when you unzip directly into your Scenario folder.

Had no problem with any of those... I assume you got them in your scenarios.txt file but ..that's all I can think of.

You have to have the directory name on a new line with / (forward slash) after. You have to have the electorate_trends, regional_centers etc in the very first directory..

eg.

President Forever/Scenarios/Kentucky State 2004/electoral_trends.txt

not

President Forever/Scenarios/Kentucky State 2004/Kentucky State 2004/electoral_trends.txt

which you get when you unzip directly into your Scenario folder.

Thanks for your help I have got them in the scenarios.txt file but I am a beginner with computers How can I alter electoral_trends.txt line and why does this problem not arise with the simple dates eg I have since just loaded 1912mm and that is no problem???

Thanks for your help I have got them in the scenarios.txt file but I am a beginner with computers How can I alter electoral_trends.txt line and why does this problem not arise with the simple dates eg I have since just loaded 1912mm and that is no problem???

I'm not sure what you mean by electorate_trends. What you should do is delete the scenario that is not working.

Now create a folder (File->New) in your 'scenarios' folder named whatever you want to name your scenario. Eg. 'New Scenario'

Now unzip the file you download into a different directory.. eg. my documents. Then go there and you should see a folder with your scenario's name. Now click on that folder. If there is a sub-folder click on that. If you can see the country.p4e, default_parties_on.p4e, electorate_trends.p4e etc copy all of them and the folders 'regions', 'issue_images', 'parties', 'ridings' and paste them directly into the folder you created earlier.

Then go into scenario.txt in the 'scenarios' folder and add on a new line: New Scenario/ (or whatever you called it). Save.

I don't know if this is the problem or not but all the times I have had problems it has been to do with directory paths.

Pennsylvania Gubernatorial 2006 works fine for me

"Now create a folder (File->New) in your 'scenarios' folder named whatever you want to name your scenario. Eg. 'New Scenario'

Now unzip the file you download into a different directory.. eg. my documents. Then go there and you should see a folder with your scenario's name. Now click on that folder. If there is a sub-folder click on that. If you can see the country.p4e, default_parties_on.p4e, electorate_trends.p4e etc copy all of them and the folders 'regions', 'issue_images', 'parties', 'ridings' and paste them directly into the folder you created earlier.

Then go into scenario.txt in the 'scenarios' folder and add on a new line: New Scenario/ (or whatever you called it). Save.

I don't know if this is the problem or not but all the times I have had problems it has been to do with directory paths."

The Pennsylvania Gubernatorial loaded this time but one of the regions had not downloaded correctly?

I will try again later. Many Thanks.

Thanks again it all seems to work, as I am now trying to defeat Hilary in 2006 for New York Governor as Rudy.

I have also loaded two senate races.