270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Taft

PM Forever/UK Edition

Tony,

Many, many props for the new game...it is uber-cool. I like the ability to shift between close ridings and alphabetical order a -lot-. And it's nice to be able to switch other stuff around (like using CPs to focus on more ridings). Many, many thanks!

Tony,

Many, many props for the new game...it is uber-cool.  I like the ability to shift between close ridings and alphabetical order a -lot-.  And it's nice to be able to switch other stuff around (like using CPs to focus on more ridings).  Many, many thanks!

Man...Lock the doors and put the kids to bed. I'll be at this thing for a while!

Played my first game...got 80 seats as the LibDems (whom I shall be playing quite avidly, I believe...they're my favorite IRL). It's a blast...ten times better than before.

I haven't had a chance to buy the game yet and play it (I will very soon), so I was wondering, have the Canada and Australia scenarios been improved at all? Is there more parties in those games? And is the option of having preferences still available?

I haven't had a chance to buy the game yet and play it (I will very soon), so I was wondering, have the Canada and Australia scenarios been improved at all? Is there more parties in those games? And is the option of having preferences still available?

IIRC, there aren't more parties for the Canada and Australia scenarios. If other things have been altered with them, I don't know. I haven't played either scenario on the new PMF.

My best game in it so far was getting the SDLP five seats in Northern Ireland. Not far off getting seven for them. Pretty good for a party standing in something like nine seats :D

IIRC, there aren't more parties for the Canada and Australia scenarios. If other things have been altered with them, I don't know. I haven't played either scenario on the new PMF.

My best game in it so far was getting the SDLP five seats in Northern Ireland. Not far off getting seven for them. Pretty good for a party standing in something like nine seats :D

So far i've only played it twice, but my best result so far was improving on the SNP seats in Scotland from 5 to 8. I lost Ochil and Perthshire so in theory i won 4 new seats and lost 1.

Has anyone had any trouble getting this game? 27 hours ago I ordered it through the discount option for people who already have the game and I haven't got a response.

Has anyone had any trouble getting this game? 27 hours ago I ordered it through the discount option for people who already have the game and I haven't got a response.

That's odd, it said '12 hours between order and receiving the game by e-mail'.

Sven... message Anthony Burgoyne.

The mechanics do seem odd. I was playing as Liberal and had momentum of 10+ (averaging 15, up to 22) for nearly four weeks straight. The Tories and Labour stayed in the -2 to +7 range. My vote didn't go up... It even went down by one point to 21, -4 points in the South West after a week at average 14 nationally. In the end I got 26% (and 68 seats) but it didn't show up in the polls for three weeks before that.

Anybody else felt that?

Sven... message Anthony Burgoyne.

The mechanics do seem odd. I was playing as Liberal and had momentum of 10+ (averaging 15,  up to 22) for nearly four weeks straight. The Tories and Labour stayed in the -2 to +7 range. My vote didn't go up... It even went down by one point to 21, -4 points in the South West after a week at average 14 nationally. In the end I got 26% (and 68 seats) but it didn't show up in the polls for three weeks before that.

Anybody else felt that?

Yeah, it seems harder than earlier versions. It's hard to build up a good lead with anything but Labour.

Have anyone else experienced an error message after the first day? It says 'List index out of bounds (15)' no matter what I click the next day, including 'New game' and 'Quit game'.

Hi K-uglen,

Did you get that List Index message after changing any scenario files? It suggests something to do with a 16th party (computers tend to count from 0 = 1, so 15 = 16).

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Hi K-uglen,

Did you get that List Index message after changing any scenario files? It suggests something to do with a 16th party (computers tend to count from 0 = 1, so 15 = 16).

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

I haven't fiddled with the files, I've only played the game.

I'm not a scenario creator. I tried to make a Denmark scenario for President Forever, but I couldn't get it working, so I have turned my back on scenario-making for good ;)

What would be the difference between buying PMFUK and buying the commonwealth pack. Do both versions come with the Canadian and Aussie scenarios?

What would be the difference between buying PMFUK and buying the commonwealth pack. Do both versions come with the Canadian and Aussie scenarios?

Nope. Just the Commonwealth Pack does.

Of course, I didn't know about that... :(

Nope. Just the Commonwealth Pack does.

Of course, I didn't know about that... :(

Just to update: I get the error every time I play no, sadly rendering the game unplayable for me at the moment :( And I was doing so well with the Lib Dems too.

Have anyone else experienced an error message after the first day? It says 'List index out of bounds (15)' no matter what I click the next day, including 'New game' and 'Quit game'.

Do you first get a "division by zero" message first? If so, I had the same problems, caused by differences between the names of the parties in the regions_candidates_running.p4e and other files. Check it out.

No I haven't had that message.

I've played the game a couple of times without error, and I've not even opened the folder in which PMF is in, so how could it have to do with party names etc.?

Why can't I turn off parties? Its fun to select which ones are running and which ones are not, just to mix things up.

I was wondering about this too. I would've liked to have all the minor parties duke it out, although I think I know why it's been disabled.

Not all parties have candidates in all seats; so by turning parties some parties off, you could end up with seats where no one (not even the incumbent) is running.