270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr abc

Other Election Sims

What other Election Sims have you played and how would you rate them?

The best I ever played was Election Day (www.election-day.info) which is a free project designed by a university lecturer. It's amazingly detailed, includes primaries, careers, city council, mayor, secretary of state up to president, five-way races... and just has a massive potential. Only problem is that the latest version is really buggy and its not being updated... think the guy has abandoned the project. You can get a campaign done but three times out of four the game crashes at some point half way through.

Other than I've played Power Politics1 & 2, Shadow President, Hidden Agenda (also free, getting old - you do governing but elections are included in newly independent Latin American republic), and the demos of all the recent 2004 President games.

I would say P4E ranks among the best. Election Day is better but P4E is more playable.

I agree i would rank election day over p4e because there is just so much more u can do but as u said the game crashes way to much every election i've played has crashed atleast once

I agree i would rank election day over p4e because there is just so much more u can do but as u said the game crashes way to much every election i've played has crashed atleast once

WHAT? something better than p4e? i gotta check it out then

I like election day also, like how you could choose mayor, governor, president, congress etc.. But yea it was way to buggy, each time i would play it would crash.

huh, it hasn't frozen on me yet.

whatever......same thing

It will. Buggiest damn game ever created. It had so much potential. I was going to bug crush for the lead programmer, it's some social science professor at the Univeristy of Washington, and I never heard back from him. We were supposed to do an update starting in January, but I guess he had other things on his mind.

Hillary - if you finish an election without any problems let me know what version you're using. I'll have to re-download it.

-----

HardRight Conservative - I believe my copy of Power Politics is also from underdogs. I had problems with it originally too... can't remember exactly what. Either it was a crack or something you had to do with one of the files. Check the udogs help/user comments.

I got it to play on a WIN98 SE pentium 266. IIRC it didn't work when I tried it on WinXp... different integrated graphic software.

I posted a thread a while back on Election Day.  Its a good game but way too buggy.  I downloaded Power politics from the-underdogs.org but I can't install it.  Any tips?

yeah, how do u download it?

Other than President Forever, There is Election Day, Frontrunner, and The Political Machine that are current games.

Three classic games that I wish to highlight are Doonesbury Election Game 1996, Power Politics, and The old Classic President Elect.

Honorable mentions go to Liberal Crime Squad a rouge type game where you try to influence elections, Shadow President, and Superpower 2.

And I know that somewhere out on the web there is a Nebraska Govener’s Race, if any one knows where it is please post :)

EDIT: Fixed Broken Links

Hillary - if you finish an election without any problems let me know what version you're using. I'll have to re-download it.

-----

HardRight Conservative - I believe my copy of Power Politics is also from underdogs. I had problems with it originally too... can't remember exactly what. Either it was a crack or something you had to do with one of the files. Check the udogs help/user comments.

I got it to play on a WIN98 SE pentium 266. IIRC it didn't work when I tried it on WinXp... different integrated graphic software.

Trust me Re-Downloading it won't work

I am already apart of government simulations. The best by far is AGS, american government simulation. But does anybody know of any election simulate\or simular to RTP?

I am already apart of government simulations. The best by far is AGS, american government simulation. But does anybody know of any election simulate\or simular to RTP?

what in the world is RTP?

I just tried installing Election Day. But whenever I click to play it, an error message reads:

Rune-time error: '429'

ActiveX component can't create object

Then I get what appears to be the playing screen (with all the options present on the upper bar), but the screen is just blue and unresponsive.

This is why P4E is great: no errors.

News: The Election Day project has been restarted and a new guy is working on the bugs. It'll probably be a while before it's fixed but at least it's not dead.

I just tried installing Election Day. But whenever I click to play it, an error message reads:

Rune-time error: '429'

ActiveX component can't create object

Then I get what appears to be the playing screen (with all the options present on the upper bar), but the screen is just blue and unresponsive.

This is why P4E is great: no errors.

maybe its because something is wrong with your computer.