270soft Forum

"Why the hell would I take a test?"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. The Covid charts debacle 2. Refusing to recognize the Russian bounties 3. Doubling down on wishing Ghislaine Maxwell well 4. Within the next breathe bashing Portland protesters and j

It's not as bad as Trump's Axios interview

Honestly dude, I know this may sound crazy. But the whole damn thing is a compilation clip of itself. It's just moment after moment of madness. It's worth experiencing for yourself even if you just li

He should take a test, but not the kindergarten test Trump took.

6 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Then Trump should also have to ante up to the same test Biden takes, in that instance.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

They should both take a legitimate cognitive test.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Patine said:

Then Trump should also have to ante up to the same test Biden takes, in that instance.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

They should both take a legitimate cognitive test.

Of course!

Usually I am against any testing, because I believe it's not something which should be required as it's personal but obviously people want to see their results... I objected about making fun of H. Clinton's or Biden's health. I also object to refer to Trump's obesity as an important issue. That's all none of anyone's business, but since their seems to be a huge demand for a candidate's health both should take a real test.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Of course!

Usually I am against any testing, because I believe it's not something which should be required as it's personal but obviously people want to see their results... I objected about making fun of H. Clinton's or Biden's health. I also object to refer to Trump's obesity as an important issue. That's all none of anyone's business, but since their seems to be a huge demand for a candidate's health both should take a real test.

I disagree about any lack of necessity, or a protection of privacy, in these matters, for elections. They should be mandatory. Many professions demand mental and physical health tests of those applying during an application. An election is effectively an application for said elected position, and the voters are the potential employees, thus tests with full public results should indeed be mandatory, and saying otherwise compromises the situation and says the candidates should have privileges of privacy that are at a level, and in areas, utterly inappropriate, and that the very demand for such privacy should cast suspicion upon them immediately.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Many professions demand mental and physical health tests of those applying during an application. An election is effectively an application for said elected position, and the voters are the potential employees, thus tests with full public results should indeed be mandatory

Yes, they do, but the problem for me comes with the full public results. If someone applies for a job within the FBI, his records are not disclosed to the public. Most likely they are not even shared with everyone within the FBI itself. Same goes for a university president. Such a person represents all his students, but we do not know his health record and I am also not particularly interested in it to be honest.

29 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yes, they do, but the problem for me comes with the full public results. If someone applies for a job within the FBI, his records are not disclosed to the public. Most likely they are not even shared with everyone within the FBI itself. Same goes for a university president. Such a person represents all his students, but we do not know his health record and I am also not particularly interested in it to be honest.

But, as I said, in the case of a candidate for an elected office, their employer is not a self-contained agency or university faculty. They are running for a position as a "public servant," and the voters are their collective potential employers, and the ones who decide which is chosen. Thus, having the results be anything LESS than public is disingenuous and defeats the whole purpose of the institution.

31 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Anything in particular you are referring to here?

The whole 40 minutes lmao

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Can you point to specific points you thought were particularly bad?

1. The Covid charts debacle

2. Refusing to recognize the Russian bounties

3. Doubling down on wishing Ghislaine Maxwell well

4. Within the next breathe bashing Portland protesters and justifying his authoritarian occupation

5. Repeatedly failing to understand proportionality both in the concept of Covid deaths and the racial bias in policing

6. Repeatedly attacking BLM after saying that he "wishes everyone well" in the context of Ghislane Maxwell

7. Refusing to praise John Lewis or even recognize his legacy beyond refusing to attend Trump's inaugural and refusing to commit to whether or not he was an impressive man also after wishing Ghislane Maxwell well only because he does that "for everyone" essentially confirming he'll wish you well if you're white and in prison but not if you're a civil rights activist. 

Those are just the 7 off the top of my head that stick out after having watched it yesterday, it was one of his largest trainwrecks yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Can you point to specific points you thought were particularly bad?

I get it (for real) — 40 minutes is a long time to commit to watching something, especially something that might challenge your world view.

But, honestly, the whole interview really is a remarkable thing to watch.  Trump is given his opportunity to tell his full side of each story, and the reporter even praises him for things deserving of praise.  

But he’s also called out for the things that he is clearly doing wrong, he’s fact checked in real time, he doesn’t get away with bullshit.

I found the whole thing to be respectful and balanced.  I also found that respectful and balanced was the perfect environment to reveal Trump for who he really is.

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

But, honestly, the whole interview really is a remarkable thing to watch.

I just don't have time to do it. Anyone point to a compilation clip worth watching?

Just now, admin_270 said:

I just don't have time to do it. Anyone point to a compilation clip worth watching?

Honestly dude, I know this may sound crazy. But the whole damn thing is a compilation clip of itself. It's just moment after moment of madness. It's worth experiencing for yourself even if you just listen to it in another window if that's the kind of thing that you are able to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I mean, you could just turn on the news and see clips of him talking.  What are you doing all day that you just can’t possibly spare 40 minutes?

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Here’s a 15 min segment: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/05/opinions/axios-interview-trump-presidency-filipovic/index.html

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, billay said:

When we gotta talk about the 2 candidates taking some sort of test to prove they arent senile you know this country is fucked.

The signs of the Deep Decline of the Once Great Civilization and Empire of the United States have been clearly visible for quite a few years now. It's at the historical stage where it is still militarily and economically unchallengeable externally (for now), but politically, culturally, and socially the rot is VERY obvious within - like where the Roman Empire stood about a century or two before the first Goths sacked Rome, following the nifty roads that all led there.