270soft Forum

State of the Race: 90 Days Left

90 Day Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. See the data in this post: Who would win if the election were held today?

2. 2. Do you expect a delay in the result for the presidential election because of Covid and mail-in ballots?

• No or at least not significantly. We will know the winner before the next morning.
    • Yes, we won't know the winner for a few days.
    • Yes, we won't know the winner for over a week but less than a month
    • Yes, we won't know the winner for over a month but before January
    • Yes, we won't know the winner by the time of inauguration day (Constitutional Crisis)
  3. 3. Who has done more good for America?

• Pres. Donald Trump
    • The late Rep. John Lewis
  4. 4. Do you expect Democrats and Anti-Trumpers to go after Trump legally to bring him to trial and possibly imprisonment after he leaves office?

• Yes, and they'll succeed in punishing him.
    • Yes, but Trump will basically be exonerated or at least found non-culpable.
    • No, but it will be in the rhetoric.
    • No, they'll just ignore him.
  5. 5. Should Joe Biden debate Trump?

• Yes, because he'd win these debate. Biden is mentally clear.
    • Yes, if only to prove he's mentally fit.
    • Yes, because if he is mentally declining, not going to the debate would just reinforce this even more, if it is true.
    • No, while I think Biden would win the debate, I think a debate would actually help Trump more than Biden, regardless of what Trump says
    • No, I think Biden's gaffes hurt him more than Trump's gaffes will hurt Trump.
    • No, I'm afraid Biden is mentally declining and any proof of this will help Trump.
    • Other (mention below)

Bad day and somewhat of a bad week for Biden. Today, Trump runs the tables, for the most part, for the 2nd time. The good news for Biden is that his lead is still in landslide territory and Trump's gains, while broad, are not very deep. If Trump continues this he might be able to make this competitive by election day. See map below for today's forecast.

Categories 90 Weekly Shift
Gen Avg Biden 8.0 (-0.3) Biden -0.2
MI Avg Biden 7.7 (-0.3) Biden 0
WI Avg Biden 6.6 (-0.4) Biden -0.2
PA Avg Biden 6.4 (-0.2) Biden -0.2
NH Avg Biden 9.1 (-0.1) Biden +1.8
NC avg Biden 2.1 (-0.1) Biden -0.2
FL avg Biden 5.8 (-0.1) Biden -0.3
GA avg Trump 0.7 (0) Trump -0.5
TX avg Biden 0.2 (-0.4) Biden -0.4
OH avg Trump 0.3 (+0.5) Trump -0.2
IA avg Trump 1.2 (+0.1) Trump +0.1
AZ avg Biden 3.7 (-0.2) Biden +0.1
NV avg Biden 6.3 (-0.2) Biden -0.3
Trump Approval 41.3 (0) 1
Trump Disapproval 54.7 (0) -1
Favorability Biden 11 (0) -0.4
Direction of the Country -47.5 (-0.4) -2.1
Generic Ballot Dem 8.2 (0) Dem -0.6
Betting Markets Biden 60.9 (0) Biden +0.3
Rasmussen GE n/a n/a
Rasmussen Trump Approval 49 (-2) 4
FoxNews GE n/a n/a
Fox News Trump Approval n/a n/a
ABC/Wash GE n/a n/a
ABC/Wash Trump Approval n/a n/a
Marist GE n/a n/a
Marist Trump Approval n/a n/a
Clinton vs. Trump 2016 GE Clinton +8 Clinton +3
Biden vs Clinton GE Polls Biden 0 Biden -3.2

AZwW2.png

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75

• Like 1

A major party candidate not showing up for a debate would be a shame to the American public.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Presidential candidates should always be required to debate.

The standard for my entire adulthood has been 3 Presidential debates and 1 VP debate.  I expect that to be upheld no matter who the candidates are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

The standard for my entire adulthood has been 3 Presidential debates and 1 VP debate.  I expect that to be upheld no matter who the candidates are.

Exactly!

39 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

A major party candidate not showing up for a debate would be a shame to the American public.

31 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I would very much like to see ALL candidates on the ballot in a Presidential Election invited to debates, not just the Duopoly ones (and, in 1992, Ross Perot). But the powers that rig the elections, cheat and take away true choice from the voters, and commit the crimes of electoral malfeasance and interference (the very same charges levied against these enigmatic "Russian hacker," from 2016) EVERY SINGLE ELECTION for decades, and get away with it, would NEVER allow Third Party or Independent candidates be given a platform to outshine the only two candidates pre-decided to be able to have even a chance of winning on such a broad-scale venue.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Patine said:

I would very much like to see ALL candidates on the ballot in a Presidential Election invited to debates, not just the Duopoly ones (and, in 1992, Ross Perot). But the powers that rig the elections, cheat and take away true choice from the voters, and commit the crimes of electoral malfeasance and interference (the very same charges levied against these enigmatic "Russian hacker," from 2016) EVERY SINGLE ELECTION for decades, and get away with it, would NEVER allow Third Party or Independent candidates be given a platform to outshine the only two candidates pre-decided to be able to have even a chance of winning on such a broad-scale venue.

We have a system in place (from previous elections) where anyone who can pass x% in the polls is included in the debates -- that's how Ross Perot made it.  Nobody since then has passed the threshold.

If I declare that I...a nobody that anyone actually cares about...am hereby the candidate of the Actinguy party, should I have equal time as Trump and Biden?  Now multiply that by the million other weirdos out there who think their voice deserves to be on the stage too.  It simply can't be a free-for-all.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

We have a system in place (from previous elections) where anyone who can pass x% in the polls is included in the debates -- that's how Ross Perot made it.  Nobody since then has passed the threshold.

If I declare that I...a nobody that anyone actually cares about...am hereby the candidate of the Actinguy party, should I have equal time as Trump and Biden?  Now multiply that by the million other weirdos out there who think their voice deserves to be on the stage too.  It simply can't be a free-for-all.

As I've said recently, you have far too much faith and trust in institutions of governance and political hegemony in your nation that have repeatedly proven themselves unworthy of your trust and faith - in fact, have spat in the face of your trust and faith, and then continued to take it for granted. But you refuse to call out, or see the blatant writing on the wall, of a political system, institution, and culture that has repeatedly lied to, screwed over, and committed treason and sedition against you, the rest of the American people, the U.S. as a nation, and the U.S. Constitution, and then sat back smugly and arrogantly as you, and the great many other of American voters crawl back to it at the ballot and, like a domestic abuse victim, beg for another term of mistreatment and being lied to and walked all over. Can you not see this?

28 minutes ago, Patine said:

9 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I think any 3rd party that can get on the ballot in 2/3 of the states should be allowed in at least the first presidential debate. I think the requirement can be increased from there. However, I think the current system is a little stifling of competition. 

20 minutes ago, Patine said:

As I've said recently, you have far too much faith and trust in institutions of governance and political hegemony in your nation that have repeatedly proven themselves unworthy of your trust and faith - in fact, have spat in the face of your trust and faith, and then continued to take it for granted. But you refuse to call out, or see the blatant writing on the wall, of a political system, institution, and culture that has repeatedly lied to, screwed over, and committed treason and sedition against you, the rest of the American people, the U.S. as a nation, and the U.S. Constitution, and then sat back smugly and arrogantly as you, and the great many other of American voters crawl back to it at the ballot and, like a domestic abuse victim, beg for another term of mistreatment and being lied to and walked all over. Can you not see this?

There was zero conversation here.  Every sentence was a personal attack.

What system are you recommending that would address my concern of making the debates a literal free for all where absolutely everyone gets to talk?

Just now, Actinguy said:

There was zero conversation here.  Every sentence was a personal attack.

What system are you recommending that would address my concern of making the debates a literal free for all where absolutely everyone gets to talk?

Only your trust and faith was criticized and called out (not attacked, but you seem to losing track of the difference - though that trait is not unique to you, as many people nowadays are blurring that line of perception; even I've succumbed to that neurotic response style far more times than I think is seemly). The rest was an excoriation of the corrupt and power-abusive engines of evil you really SHOULDN'T be trusting that run your country and hedge out all political and electoral opposition, despite behind high crimes, corruption, lies, and treason, day in and day out, against the people and Constitution who are SUPPOSED to be empowering it's mandate.

Just now, Patine said:

Only your trust and faith was criticized and called out (not attacked, but you seem to losing track of the difference - though that trait is not unique to you, as many people nowadays are blurring that line of perception; even I've succumbed to that neurotic response style far more times than I think is seemly). The rest was an excoriation of the corrupt and power-abusive engines of evil you really SHOULDN'T be trusting that run your country and hedge out all political and electoral opposition, despite behind high crimes, corruption, lies, and treason, day in and day out, against the people and Constitution who are SUPPOSED to be empowering it's mandate.

There’s still zero conversation here, and no attempt to answer a sincere question.

I’ll help:  Try removing the word “you” from your responses.

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

There’s still zero conversation here, and no attempt to answer a sincere question.

I’ll help:  Try removing the word “you” from your responses.

That would just turn it into something non-interactable by you, like a fire-and-brimstone Southern Evangelists' sermon of condemnation, or a Noam Chomsky, David Icke, or Steven Bannon tinfoil hat rant - which I get the sneaking suspicion is EXACTLY what you want to turn it into.

2 minutes ago, Wiw said:

I don't think I can take much more of this!

Say one good thing about life and current events. 

13 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If Biden doesn't debate, my guess is the Trump campaign will run a campaign saying he simply is *mentally unable* to debate.

Yeah. I included this question because someone wrote an article stating that Biden shouldn't debate Trump. I didn't read it but thought it was worth asking in today's poll.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Wiw said:

There's nothing I can say, is there?

You have nothing, literally nothing, in your life that makes you feel joy or happiness or a sense of security? Family? Friends? A new movie you really enjoyed? A new song you can't stop listening to? Pets? Anything at all? C'mon. Life is hard but if you shift your perspective to some of the positives you might just feel a little better.

9 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

You have nothing, literally nothing, in your life that makes you feel joy or happiness or a sense of security? Family? Friends? A new movie you really enjoyed? A new song you can't stop listening to? Pets? Anything at all? C'mon. Life is hard but if you shift your perspective to some of the positives you might just feel a little better.

Well, yeah, I have some of that, but it doesn't make me feel secure.

20 hours ago, billay said:

If Biden skips the debates I'll vote for Trump.

Wouldn't it be nice if you had a real, credible, capable, sensible, competent, cognitive, and ethical candidate to vote for whom the rigged and corrupt electoral machine would actually allow to win. But, it's going to be another of those elections that is a lost and cheated one right from the party nominations, because both major party candidates are just abysmal - like 1852, 1920, 1968, 2004, and 2016. Such a waste, and such a betrayal by the REAL forces - right in the United States entrusted with the electoral machinery - guilty of the REAL electoral malfeasance and interference - for almost every election in the U.S. for decades now - these enigmatic "Russian hackers," were indicted for.