270soft Forum

I had a lot of suggestions so I just wanted to put them in a separate chat

PI Suggestions 

Spilt President Infinity into two sections inside of one game

1. President Infinity:Old Age (1789-1968)

2. President Infinity:New Age (1972-2024)

In Old Age, things that should be done/added

Add a new activity:Backroom dealings. This would involve meeting and schmoozing state party bosses. If you spend one day backroom dealing, you gain 1 point with that state boss. If you spend 1 PIP on a state boss, you get 0.5 points with that state boss. Most state bosses control all of their delegates (given there are no primaries in that state), but sometimes, a delegate or two can stray away and vote for someone else. Once a state boss endorses you, you get all of their delatages.

Convention-Only Candidates-These candidates do not participate in any primaries, but can pick up delegates by dealing with state bosses

VP Convention Roll Call and VP Only Candidates-Pretty straightforward

Favorite Son Only Candidates-Pretty straightforward too, make them not be able to get on another primary ballots or campaign in states beside their home at state

General Suggestions

Make it easier to add regional bonuses to candidates

Make it easier to fundraiser large amounts-For this, I would add grassroots/internet background fundraising that is dependent on momentum (more momentum=more grassroots fundraising)

Add lobbying for certain issues-Lobby groups would be based on certain issues, like for example gun rights or social justice. These lobbying groups would have certain relationships with candidates/parties and the better the relationship with the candidate/party , the more background fundraising and ads the lobby group would make.

Have PACs make ads based on a candidate’s themes

Spilt early primary states into smaller regions

Have an instant regional bonus of 20 percentage points given to a candidate from that state

Voting groups-Have certain voting groups for certain parts of the electorate. For example, Black voters can be a voting group and Barack Obama has a 20 percent bonus with them. Other groups could be blue collar, suburban, upper class, LBGTQ+, etc.

More interactive debating/interviews-Have 5-10 questions, 1 for each of the most important issues to the voters. Have 4-5 options for each questions and the answer to each question will impact your/the candidate's momentum. 

Online play?-This is a maybe, as this may be quite hard to implement 

I hope someone actually reads these lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, buenoboss said:

I had a lot of suggestions so I just wanted to put them in a separate chat

PI Suggestions 

Spilt President Infinity into two sections inside of one game

1. President Infinity:Old Age (1789-1968)

2. President Infinity:New Age (1972-2024)

In Old Age, things that should be done/added

Add a new activity:Backroom dealings. This would involve meeting and schmoozing state party bosses. If you spend one day backroom dealing, you gain 1 point with that state boss. If you spend 1 PIP on a state boss, you get 0.5 points with that state boss. Most state bosses control all of their delegates (given there are no primaries in that state), but sometimes, a delegate or two can stray away and vote for someone else. Once a state boss endorses you, you get all of their delatages.

Convention-Only Candidates-These candidates do not participate in any primaries, but can pick up delegates by dealing with state bosses

VP Convention Roll Call and VP Only Candidates-Pretty straightforward

Favorite Son Only Candidates-Pretty straightforward too, make them not be able to get on another primary ballots or campaign in states beside their home at state

General Suggestions

Make it easier to add regional bonuses to candidates

Make it easier to fundraiser large amounts-For this, I would add grassroots/internet background fundraising that is dependent on momentum (more momentum=more grassroots fundraising)

Add lobbying for certain issues-Lobby groups would be based on certain issues, like for example gun rights or social justice. These lobbying groups would have certain relationships with candidates/parties and the better the relationship with the candidate/party , the more background fundraising and ads the lobby group would make.

Have PACs make ads based on a candidate’s themes

Spilt early primary states into smaller regions

Have an instant regional bonus of 20 percentage points given to a candidate from that state

Voting groups-Have certain voting groups for certain parts of the electorate. For example, Black voters can be a voting group and Barack Obama has a 20 percent bonus with them. Other groups could be blue collar, suburban, upper class, LBGTQ+, etc.

More interactive debating/interviews-Have 5-10 questions, 1 for each of the most important issues to the voters. Have 4-5 options for each questions and the answer to each question will impact your/the candidate's momentum. 

Online play?-This is a maybe, as this may be quite hard to implement 

I hope someone actually reads these lol.

If the game is made around conforming to eras of U.S. politics, and expanding but tightening their features around, it's going to seriously hamstring foreign national/polity and fictitious subject matter fanmade custom scenarios. As someone who has custom scenarios as a priority, and wants to see more options for CI, PI, and PMI for such scenarios potentially globally and historically with broader capabilities (an effort @admin_270 has been INEXPLICABLY resistant to and recalcitrant about), this tightening of focus would really things difficult outside of strictly U.S. elections, of which there's only been 58 (59 coming up) out of a absolutely IMMENSE number of possible scenarios who would have their possibilities curtailed or made more difficult by comparison. Some of the "Old Age," ideas (which are very good ones, I admit) could maybe have a toggle box at some area of the editor, but I think the whole comprehensive and absolute division of the game that way cuts far too many options for custom scenario designers with goals beyond U.S. Presidential on the known track of affairs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, buenoboss said:

yeah true i get that. I think there should also be like a sandbox mode, where you can really make whatever you want. 

That would be awesome. I just wish @admin_270 would move in that direction.