270soft Forum

Will Negative Energy Defeat Trump?

Fivethirtyeight.com posted two graphs that are interesting. While Trump's supporters are more enthusiastic than Biden's supporters on the whole, Biden currently has many more supporters than Trump at the moment--enough that Biden would win in a landslide if the election were held today, despite Trump's supporters being more enthusiastic. 

These two charts might explain some of the "negative-partisanship" (disliking the other party candidate) that might undermine the idea of "positive-partisanship" (liking your party candidate) as the main driver in voting. I don't remember what the first chart would have been for Hillary Clinton vs. Trump, but the second chart had Trump and Clinton very close to one another in 2016. Biden, therefore, has an advantage over Biden that is independent of current events going the wrong way for Trump. 

tesler.TRUMP-ENTHUSIASM.0715-1.png?w=575

tesler.TRUMP-ENTHUSIASM.0715-2.png?w=575

9 minutes ago, pilight said:

"All negative energy, when surrendered to God for healing, can be transmuted and transcended through grace."

That's what one of Biden's Democratic primary opponents says, anyway.

Oh, yeah. The crazy one. 

Yes. I remember reading I believe a YouGov poll that had Biden up 6+. It said a majority of voters were supporting Biden only to beat Trump. I would imagine it is similar in other swing states.

image.png.87515ea7288b681a6b93e3dc7a899234.png

8 minutes ago, wolves said:

Yes. I remember reading I believe a YouGov poll that had Biden up 6+. It said a majority of voters were supporting Biden only to beat Trump. I would imagine it is similar in other swing states.

image.png.87515ea7288b681a6b93e3dc7a899234.png

Yeah, Biden is basically a coalition leader, while Trump is mostly a leader of a faction of a party.  

• Like 1