270soft Forum

Alabama Senate election poll

Who would you vote for?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Tommy Tuberville
    • Jeff Sessions

If forced to vote in the GOP Senate primary in Alabama, who would you back? Former Trump ally, but now disgraced former Senator and AG Jeff Sessions or the outsider football coach, but Trump backed Tommy Tuberville?

I'd vote for Tuberville, but it's not really political motivated. From a political point of view it's a tie for me. I think Tuberville is more likeable and he was a football coach. 

• Upvote 1

I also don't care about Trump's feud with Sessions. I think he's wrong here once again.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

If forced to vote in the GOP Senate primary in Alabama, who would you back? Former Trump ally, but now disgraced former Senator and AG Jeff Sessions or the outsider football coach, but Trump backed Tommy Tuberville?

I'd vote for Tuberville, but it's not really political motivated. From a political point of view it's a tie for me. I think Tuberville is more likeable and he was a football coach. 

I would do a write-in for Donald Duck if I were forced to vote in the Alabama GOP Primary (which would mean I'd somehow be a permanent resident of Alabama - something I'd want to redress quickly).

I really can't see the difference between the two, but I haven't looked into them that much. Doug Jones just seems so much more preferable. As I see it:

Coach Tuberville = Trump-backed candidate that is a sports figure and not a politician---neither qualified and has a tainted endorsement. 

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III = Has the name of a monument that needs to be torn down, too old, pedaphile Roy Moore endorsement, questionable past towards race in a state with a lot of black people. 

I'd give both an equal grade of F. I might be slightly happier if Sessions wins only because Trump doesn't want him to win, but I'm 100% for Doug Jones winning reelection, even if that is unlikely. 

• Thanks 1

Both are pretty bad. Voted for the football coach because he was a football coach. Either way, one of these two men will go on to defeat Doug Jones in the general. 

• Upvote 1

If I had to choose between the two(and I not a big fan of either), has to be Sessions. because Sessions has experience rather than being a football coach; and we need people that know how to govern as opposed to helping a team throw a touchdown.  

13 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

If I had to choose between the two(and I not a big fan of either), has to be Sessions. because Sessions has experience rather than being a football coach; and we need people that know how to govern as opposed to helping a team throw a touchdown.  

MAKE AMERICA SCORE AGAIN

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 2:29 AM, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Ultimately, though I won't at all even come close to some ridiculous, hyperbolic claim of it being "the worst place in the world," - there are a LOT of worse places on the globe - I would have no desire at all, whatsoever, under any realistic, foreseeable circumstances, to ever want to live in Alabama.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Ultimately, though I won't at all even come close to some ridiculous, hyperbolic claim of it being "the worst place in the world," - there are a LOT of worse places on the globe - I would have no desire at all, whatsoever, under any realistic, foreseeable circumstances, to ever want to live in Alabama.

Ah, I wouldn't be so negative about that. If I had a good job, I'd gladly in live in Alabama as well. In fact it would be more interesting compared to live in California or Florida. I'm usually more interested in the places others overlook. People mostly dream about vacationing or living in CA, FL and NYC. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Ah, I wouldn't be so negative about that. If I had a good job, I'd gladly in live in Alabama as well. In fact it would be more interesting compared to live in California or Florida. I'm usually more interested in the places others overlook. People mostly dream about vacationing or living in CA, FL and NYC. 

I have no strong desire to live in California, Florida, or New York City (I have visited the Greater Los Angeles Area in 1998 - horrible urban layout and a shameful demarcation of the ultra-wealthy and the destitute living almost within spitting distance of each other). If I had to move, I would prefer to move to a place where the social, political, legal, and other situations were not immensely lop-sided, or prone to extremism or lack of sanity or reasonable perspective - maybe I'd move to somewhere like Switzerland, or New Zealand.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Looks like Sessions is out. 

What's funny is Trump, who endorsed Tuberville, got his name wrong several times while talking about him. That's another thing that should be tacked on the list of the cognitive decline debate for the 2020 nominees. 

Thank Barry Goldwater that no mandatory testing of Presidential candidates' mental health or clarity is allowed to be demanded - because the "right" of a potentially insane or senile candidate to run supersedes the right of the electorate to have a leader whose coherently and cognitively capable to run the nation. :S

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

Looks like Sessions is out. 

What's funny is Trump, who endorsed Tuberville, got his name wrong several times while talking about him. That's another thing that should be tacked on the list of the cognitive decline debate for the 2020 nominees. 

I think this particular instance is less about cognitive decline and more about just not giving a shit.

He wanted Sessions to lose, and he got Sessions' name right.  He didn't give a shit who won, so long as his perceived enemy lost.

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

I think this particular instance is less about cognitive decline and more about just not giving a shit.

He wanted Sessions to lose, and he got Sessions' name right.  He didn't give a shit who won, so long as his perceived enemy lost.

Regarding the Alaska Senate race he said: "Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you!

Well, this seems to be a pattern...

14 hours ago, vcczar said:

Can't find a link to this when I do a quick search. Is this what you're referring to?

https://kyma.com/news/politics/2020/07/14/trump-repeatedly-calls-famed-alabama-football-coach-by-the-wrong-name-on-the-eve-of-senate-race/

My understanding is he incorrectly referred to Nick Saban, who was at the University of Alabama, as Lou Saban.

Auburn, led by Tuberville, beat Alabama (who had coach Nick Saban, not Lou Saban) 6 consecutive times. This is the error.

I can't find anything corroborating Trump getting Tuberville's name wrong.

23 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Can't find a link to this when I do a quick search. Is this what you're referring to?

https://kyma.com/news/politics/2020/07/14/trump-repeatedly-calls-famed-alabama-football-coach-by-the-wrong-name-on-the-eve-of-senate-race/

My understanding is he incorrectly referred to Nick Saban, who was at the University of Alabama, as Lou Saban.

Auburn, led by Tuberville, beat Alabama (who had coach Nick Saban, not Lou Saban) 6 consecutive times. This is the error.

I can't find anything corroborating Trump getting Tuberville's name wrong.

You are correct. Someone was telling me that Trump has just did that and later I found out it was not in regards to Tuberville. I just forgot to go back and delete my post, which I will do now. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

You are correct. Someone was telling me that Trump has just did that and later I found out it was not in regards to Tuberville. I just forgot to go back and delete my post, which I will do now. 

I was already suspecting Trump pronounced ''Tuberville'' incorrectly. I already heard two pronunciations. Tooberville (Jake Tapper) and Tuberville with a /u/ like in cut, which seems to be the correct one. Originally, when I only read the name, I thought it was Tyooberville.