Jump to content
270soft Forum
TheMiddlePolitical

How will Kanye West perform

How will he do?  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote total?

    • 1-3%
    • 4-7%
    • 5-8%
    • 9-13%
      0
    • 14-17%
      0
    • 18-22%
      0
    • 23-26%
      0
    • 27%+ with EV won
      0
    • Wins election


Recommended Posts

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#5cafad2347aa

 

Basically he is 

-Pro Life

-Anti Death Penalty

-Police Reform

-and a bible based candidate

he say's he will release more as time goes on. 

I think with his and Musks money, he could get anywhere from 5%-Perot style performance

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see him at a max of 1%. He’s got a very niche platform and an incredibly obscure running mate. I wouldn’t take his campaign seriously and I expect him to drop the bid in the next few weeks or months. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I see him at a max of 1%. He’s got a very niche platform and an incredibly obscure running mate. I wouldn’t take his campaign seriously and I expect him to drop the bid in the next few weeks or months. 

I am betting on 5%, and I don't think he will drop out he is seeing this as a "mission of god" too much to drop out, also his ego. I just have a good feeling about 5% mainly because of his money, and the 2 candidate's on the top of the ballot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

-Pro Life

-and a bible based candidate

I think these two widely-believed hoodwinks of political terms need to be cleared up here. "Pro-Life," is a farce of a term, except in a few very rare cases (like Mother Theresa). The proper (and usually only honest, and anything but an insulting self-righteous lie in almost all cases) is "Anti-Abortion and Anti-Euthanasia." I know the movement doesn't like using an "anti-" prefix, but the vast majority of them deserve one, when they usually support many government or private activities that lead to legal - even mandated - deliberate death of other human beings, domestically and abroad, by active commission or knowing negligence, this farce of a term in the great majority who self-identify with it REALLY needs to be called out, here.

As for "Bible-based candidate,' give me a fucking break. His public behaviour and conduct, the content of his music, and his overt, vain, and pompous displays of wealth and boasts of false or Un-Christlike achievements make him a wolf who even forgot to bother putting his sheep's clothing on, but just gave the usual script the wolves wearing their woolen disguise usually spew off by insulting and blasphemous default. I don't anything "Bible-based," about him, his lifestyle, or his campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I am betting on 5%, and I don't think he will drop out he is seeing this as a "mission of god" too much to drop out, also his ego. I just have a good feeling about 5% mainly because of his money, and the 2 candidate's on the top of the ballot. 

I believe you are being overly optimistic on his chances. He is a write in candidate that will not be automatically on the ballot in many states on November 3rd. In 2016, Gary Johnson-Libertarian- failed to break 5% despite being on the ballot in all 50 states. I cannot see how Kanye(yes more famous)can convince 5% of voters to write in his name on the ballot this November. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I believe you are being overly optimistic on his chances. He is a write in candidate that will not be automatically on the ballot in many states on November 3rd. In 2016, Gary Johnson-Libertarian- failed to break 5% despite being on the ballot in all 50 states. I cannot see how Kanye(yes more famous)can convince 5% of voters to write in his name on the ballot this November. 

Johnson and Stein were protest votes on completely different ends of the spectrum, Johnson grew never-Trump republicans and moderate independents, Stein drew progressives. No one is going to look at Kanye West's policies, it's pointless for him to have any, they're just going to think "hahaha this will show them"

His voterbase will be exclusively democratic too, can't see the cult of trump deviating. Depends on an october surprise or something tbh, I expect one to come from Biden's end, 5.5% and federal funding for his next run is what I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patine said:

His public behaviour and conduct, the content of his music, and his overt, vain, and pompous displays of wealth and boasts of false or Un-Christlike achievements make him a wolf who even forgot to bother putting his sheep's clothing on, but just gave the usual script the wolves wearing their woolen disguise usually spew off by insulting and blasphemous default. I don't anything "Bible-based," about him, his lifestyle, or his campaign.

He makes exclusively gospel music now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wolves said:

He makes exclusively gospel music now.

Does he make music about peace, forgiveness, charity, lack of judgementalism and vindication, good works to better others selflessly, and renunciation of material wealth as a driving and dominant force in one's life - many of the core elements of Christ's Ministry - and then live up to it. Other than an issue with my own tendency to be judgemental, which I accept and am trying as is humanly possible to master within myself, I try to live up to these qualities. I am a social worker by profession, and do not live, or seek to live, much more affluently than some of my clients. I have never killed, or grievously harmed, another human being in my life, or any creature larger than a dragonfly. Does he walk the walk in terms of lifestyle? How many supposedly, "bible-based candidates," do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patine said:

Does he make music about peace, forgiveness, charity, lack of judgementalism and vindication, good works to better others selflessly, and renunciation of material wealth as a driving and dominant force in one's life - many of the core elements of Christ's Ministry - and then live up to it. Other than an issue with my own tendency to be judgemental, which I accept and am trying as is humanly possible to master within myself, I try to live up to these qualities. I am a social worker by profession, and do not live, or seek to live, much more affluently than some of my clients. I have never killed, or grievously harmed, another human being in my life, or any creature larger than a dragonfly. Does he walk the walk in terms of lifestyle? How many supposedly, "bible-based candidates," do?

yeah he does actually he has an entire album that is just a choir signing hymns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wolves said:

yeah he does actually he has an entire album that is just a choir signing hymns

And my question is answered how? Did you even read my post? If Donald Trump or Vladimir Putin put out an album of a choir singing hymns, would they magically become good Christians? Would Joseph Kony, for that matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's missed most of the state ballots already, but he could get some write-ins. He could do damage to Biden by taking some college-aged voters. Even 1% would be bad. I hope he takes more from Trump---chaos voters might go to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

an incredibly obscure running mate.

Did he announce his running mate already? 

I'd go with Musk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he were to actually get some ballot access (including write-ins), I'd be interested to see how he does in the black community. His platform would align with a lot of their values and key issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Did he announce his running mate already? 

I'd go with Musk.

Can it legally be Musk? Elon is from South Africa, and lives in California(where Kanye lives). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Can it legally be Musk? Elon is from South Africa, and lives in California(where Kanye lives). 

No, can't be Musk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheMiddlePolitical @Patine @admin_270 @jvikings1 @Conservative Elector 2 @Herbert Hoover @Sunnymentoaddict @wolves

I think this is more likely to occur than Kanye West getting 4-7% or more: 

Kanye West is polling at 10% (3rd parties often poll larger than their turnout), despite not being on many ballots. This new chaos celebrity candidate is stealing from Trump's base. Joe Biden is sitting at 50%, Trump at 40%, and West at 10% in polls for a few weeks. Similar to the 1980 and 1992 elections, this creates an EC maps that shows Trump has no shot of getting out of an embarrasing landslide defeat. Trump, not wanting to join the ranks of Carter or Bush I, as an incumbent defeated in a landslide. Drops out and endorses Kanye West with the hopes of having his reputation somewhat saved as being a kingmaker. However, early ballots and such still go to Trump, cutting into West's new position as alternate to Biden. Biden still wins. Trump is forever seen as a sort of Benedict Arnold to US politics, to the GOP. Additionally, he becomes a textbook lesson on the kind of president to avoid. 

I don't think this will happen, but I think it is more likely than west getting 4-7% with Trump in the race. I also think this behavior is not outside the realm of what Trump might do if defeat is 100% certain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kanye has the money to advertise the shit of out his platform. If he could pull another Ross Perot vis-à-vis advertising, theoretically he could get into the debate stage, pair that with name recognition and he could have a great showing at the ballot box. Though most likely he will just get 1-3% (which is what I voted).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

Can it legally be Musk? Elon is from South Africa, and lives in California(where Kanye lives). 

Oh yeah I forgot Musk wasn't born in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...