270soft Forum
servo75

Where are the moderators?

It seems all of them other than @admin_270 have a last logged in date of 2007.

2 hours ago, servo75 said:

@admin_270 is the only current moderator, and the administrator, and the owner of the rights of the site, and the owner and chief developer of TheorySpark/270Soft. I'm not sure what other moderation source you're looking for here. But with less than 20 regular posters, why do you demand more moderators?

8 hours ago, servo75 said:

Don't think it requires more mods, but open to recommendations otherwise.

I don’t think that more moderators are required - @admin_270 is enough. At the end of the day, it’s just a by nature political forum and there’s of course going to be some political discussion.

I’ll admit though that there might need to be more warnings for personal attacks, though. I can’t imagine it’s too appealing to new users. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I don’t think that more moderators are required - @admin_270 is enough. At the end of the day, it’s just a by nature political forum and there’s of course going to be some political discussion.

I’ll admit though that there might need to be more warnings for personal attacks, though. I can’t imagine it’s too appealing to new users. 

Yes I second that. All of us, and I admit myself included, need to know when to turn down the temperature. I do get very heated and passionate, I think a lot of that comes from the fact that conservatives and libertarians are so grossly outnumbered here, at least in number of posts, that I feel sometimes like it's 20 against one.  If I had a suggestion for @admin_270 it's on the forum rules. Obviously "no political posts" is out the window, but there's been a marked lack of civility here at times. I try to just avoid those people, but personal attacks and ad hominem, especially in the third person, are crossing a line where I had to bring it up.

17 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I’ll admit though that there might need to be more warnings for personal attacks, though.

Oh YOU would think that, you smelly jerk!

;c)

I think its sort of ironic that @servo75 -- the Libertarian -- is the one demanding regulations, bigger govermentment (more mods),  and a "big brother" watch over the forum. 

59 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think its sort of ironic that @servo75 -- the Libertarian -- is the one demanding regulations, bigger govermentment (more mods),  and a "big brother" watch over the forum. 

To be fair, it's a private website, and libertarians are very much in favor of private companies making their own regulations. It's an actual big brother bigger government they don't like. 

Are you against more mods?

5 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

To be fair, it's a private website, and libertarians are very much in favor of private companies making their own regulations. It's an actual big brother bigger government they don't like. 

Are you against more mods?

No. I'm okay with more or none. I just thought it was funny that he's the first person to strongly call for regulations on the forum. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Ya, like @SilentLiberty said, many libertarians are fairly blase about things like Facebook, Twitter, Google censorship because they're companies, not the gov.

Where they criticize those sorts of companies, it's more about monopolies and a lack of a free market.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

No. I'm okay with more or none. I just thought it was funny that he's the first person to strongly call for regulations on the forum. 

Fair enough. I'm not really for more mods myself, but I do think less personal attacks would be good and warnings for those things. 

We’ve cracked the code. @servo75 has been a liberal in disguise this entire time! He had one hell of a time throwing us off but now we all know the truth ;)

• Haha 1

Personally I feel fine. Then again I am an "Anti-Trump" Conservative Libertarian so that may take some heat off of me.