270soft Forum
Reagan04

Will Trump Drop out?

Will Trump Drop Out before the General Election?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump Drop Out before the General Election?

We know that Trump's fragile ego and pysche have been badly battered to the point of him admitting that he is losing. But now some Republican strategists are saying his heart is so removed from the race he may not even want to continue.

I would be shocked if it happened but it's getting a certain amount of traction in political spheres that someone has to be peddling the narrative. Especially after his meltdown last night and after his failed Tulsa rally.

What are your thoughts on the President's state of mind as he trails Biden by an incredible 10 points nationally.

2 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

What are your thoughts on the President's state of mind as he trails Biden by an incredible 10 points nationally.

I have a hard time reading his state of mind because I'm not sure how sound his mind is. I could see him angry but at the same time believing he's actually winning in the polls, despite no evidence to support that. 

Trump will never admit defeat.  He never has and he never will.

Withdrawing would be admitting defeat.

It will never, ever happen.

37 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Trump will never admit defeat.  He never has and he never will.

Withdrawing would be admitting defeat.

It will never, ever happen.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I have a hard time reading his state of mind because I'm not sure how sound his mind is. I could see him angry but at the same time believing he's actually winning in the polls, despite no evidence to support that. 

Well he has actually admitted he is losing. That's the genesis of this post. Lots of GOP strategisrs are really concerned about his state of mind and willingness to carry on. I've taken to calling him Depression Donnie for this.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Well he has actually admitted he is losing. That's the genesis of this post. Lots of GOP strategisrs are really concerned about his state of mind and willingness to carry on. I've taken to calling him Depression Donnie for this.

Ha! Depression Donnie. That's great.

It is like he has simultaneously had a reality check while wanting to put up the whole "everything is okay" attitude.

Trump would be insane to drop out now, he has nothing to gain by doing so.  For better or worse, he will be the Republican candidate for the 2020 United States Presidential election.  I cannot even imagine how the convention would proceed if he theoretically announces that he is dropping out.

Thinking back to 2016 even, I recall him booking a much smaller venue than the Romney campaign in case he did in fact lose that election.  I think he mentioned not wanting to look as bad as Romney did in 2012 (The Romney campaign apparently had a whole celebration planned with fireworks bought in advance lol).

There is still a lot of time until November 3rd, and not many expected his victory in 2016 either.  Best option for him would be to hold his cards and wait; Biden has been hiding away from the spotlight for a while, but eventually he will have to say something.  Whether it be in the debates, campaign speeches, etc. the Trump campaign team is no doubt waiting for an opportunity to go on the offensive after playing defense for a while now.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, CPE said:

Trump would be insane to drop out now, he has nothing to gain by doing so.  For better or worse, he will be the Republican candidate for the 2020 United States Presidential election.  I cannot even imagine how the convention would proceed if he theoretically announces that he is dropping out.

Thinking back to 2016 even, I recall him booking a much smaller venue than the Romney campaign in case he did in fact lose that election.  I think he mentioned not wanting to look as bad as Romney did in 2012 (The Romney campaign apparently had a whole celebration planned with fireworks bought in advance lol).

There is still a lot of time until November 3rd, and not many expected his victory in 2016 either.  Best option for him would be to hold his cards and wait; Biden has been hiding away from the spotlight for a while, but eventually he will have to say something.  Whether it be in the debates, campaign speeches, etc. the Trump campaign team is no doubt waiting for an opportunity to go on the offensive after playing defense for a while now.

Will they actually allow two senior citizens running for the apex executive office to debate each other personally in a public venue during the Covid-19 outbreak?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Will they actually allow two senior citizens running for the apex executive office to debate each other personally in a public venue during the Covid-19 outbreak?

Yes. But maybe no. 

The debates could be in a closed auditorium with just the camera crew, the candidates and their staff, and moderators.  Town hall debates can be down through Facebook or YouTube.  It's not impossible to think debates are doable. 

7 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Lots of GOP strategisrs are really concerned about his state of mind

What's your source for this? And really do we want to get in a battle with Joe Biden over "state of mind"? Do you really want to go there?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CPE said:

And when he does go on offense, it's going to be a bloodbath. Anyone objectively observing Joe Biden can tell he can't hack it as a candidate or as President. First debate - it's over. Biden, besides being barely coherent has done more harm to the black community than anyone can even accuse Trump of. Sooner or later Biden's going to have to speak impromptu in public, and when that happens, I'll have my popcorn ready :D

I would not mind a better GOP candidate, which would certainly win the election.

4 hours ago, servo75 said:

What's your source for this? And really do we want to get in a battle with Joe Biden over "state of mind"? Do you really want to go there?

There are quite a few articles circulating over the past week as well as an undercurrent on political analyst twitter. To give some context, I'm not saying this "will" happen. But it's being repeated enough to the point where someone has to be peddling this narrative. I would be shocked if it did happen, so take that for what you will. I just think the fact that his heart isn't in the race after his failed rally is a good discussion point.

Also Biden is clearly more fit to be President than Trump. Mentally and Physically.

4 hours ago, servo75 said:

And when he does go on offense, it's going to be a bloodbath. Anyone objectively observing Joe Biden can tell he can't hack it as a candidate or as President. First debate - it's over. Biden, besides being barely coherent has done more harm to the black community than anyone can even accuse Trump of. Sooner or later Biden's going to have to speak impromptu in public, and when that happens, I'll have my popcorn ready :D

This is so silly. Not only is Trump a terrible debater and a present-day racist with authoritarian tendencies skewed against the black community, Biden is going to tear through him. Those who think Trump is the picture of mental capability clearly aren't reading the room and even though Biden certainly stutters, produces Bidenisms, and can be overly folksy, I trust him to understand logic and reality a lot more than Trump who has sad some of the most batshit stuff ever uttered by a President.

25 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

There are quite a few articles circulating over the past week as well as an undercurrent on political analyst twitter. To give some context, I'm not saying this "will" happen. But it's being repeated enough to the point where someone has to be peddling this narrative. I would be shocked if it did happen, so take that for what you will. I just think the fact that his heart isn't in the race after his failed rally is a good discussion point.

Also Biden is clearly more fit to be President than Trump. Mentally and Physically.

This is so silly. Not only is Trump a terrible debater and a present-day racist with authoritarian tendencies skewed against the black community, Biden is going to tear through him. Those who think Trump is the picture of mental capability clearly aren't reading the room and even though Biden certainly stutters, produces Bidenisms, and can be overly folksy, I trust him to understand logic and reality a lot more than Trump who has sad some of the most batshit stuff ever uttered by a President.

@Reagan04, don't you see? @servo75, like @admin_270, obviously drinks copious amounts of Orange Kool-Aid. It's obvious in every post they make about Trump...

11 hours ago, CPE said:

To be clear, the Trump camp did expect to lose. Trump was in disbelief when he won.

It would be amusing to me if Trump actually withdrew, another Republican moved in, and the Republicans then won. 

To echo other commenters, if that happens then my view of Trump is completely wrong. I see it as less likely than in 2016, when many people were insisting this would happen.

In fact, I'm having deja vu with many comments over the last while on a variety of topics.

23 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

It would be amusing to me if Trump actually withdrew, another Republican moved in, and the Republicans then won. 

To echo other commenters, if that happens then my view of Trump is completely wrong. I see it as less likely than in 2016, when many people were insisting this would happen.

In fact, I'm having deja vu with many comments over the last while on a variety of topics.

I actually think this is the Republican's best shot at winning in November, provided the Republican is someone with 1) name recognition, 2) Like's Trump sanest and more popular proposals, 3) Isn't too close to Trump but doesn't seem opposed to him. Probably Nikki Haley. If she took someone like Mike DeWine as VP, I think they could beat Biden. However, they'd have to do it quickly. 

5 hours ago, Patine said:

@Reagan04, don't you see? @servo75, like @admin_270, obviously drinks copious amounts of Orange Kool-Aid. It's obvious in every post they make about Trump...

Wow, it was one thing when @Patine was only personally attacking me, now he goes after our moderator @admin_270as well?

Okay, this has gone too far. We have very good, passionate, even heated discussions on this forum. But there is no cause for personal insults. Crap like this does nothing to advance conversation and is strictly against the forum guidelines. If there are any moderators left, it's about time they do their job and start moderating or shut this forum down, because it's become clearly too toxic if we're resorting to not only personal insults, but THIRD-PERSON insults. If I've been over-aggressive myself I'm willing to take some blame too. But this is getting out of hand. We can have passionate, fiery discussions but this s**t is off-topic and personal and not what we're about here.

3 minutes ago, servo75 said:

Okay, this has gone too far.

Patine has already been suspended for a day for previous comments.

• Upvote 1

@admin_270 Patine sent me a message via another messenger service asking me to let you know that he sent you an email. 

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@admin_270 Patine sent me a message via another messenger service asking me to let you know that he sent you an email. 

I got his e-mail.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

What about ... Mitt Romney!!!!111111oneoneone

I think he's lost a lot of capital in his party, despite my agreeing with his rebellion. I think he's now just a NeverTrump icon. 

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I got his e-mail.

He said he just sent another one, which he says will probably be the last one today. 

I feel like Hermes.