Jump to content
270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hestia11

Fiorina is with Biden

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

An interesting listen and read from former Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/613474/

Then the election would truly die for any good, hope, or redeeming qualities coming of it, and join 1852, 1920, 1968, 2004, and 2016 - once parties nominations were made - as an election where both (all) candidates who could win were utter, insufferable disappointments or unethical, lying monsters, one should cross it off the list of elections with any optimistic or good result at all. Mind, I'd say the same about 2020 is Kamala Harris gets chosen, as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

An interesting listen and read from former Presidential candidate Carly Fiorina. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/613474/

I feel like @Reagan04 would be interested in reading this. 

I won’t pretend I was on board with a Fiorina candidacy, but she came across as very sane during the undercard debate I saw back in the 2016 cycle. Good to see she still has a level head on her shoulders. I may disagree with her policies but her private initiatives and public stances are commendable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

I feel like @Reagan04 would be interested in reading this. 

I won’t pretend I was on board with a Fiorina candidacy, but she came across as very sane during the undercard debate I saw back in the 2016 cycle. Good to see she still has a level head on her shoulders. I may disagree with her policies but her private initiatives and public stances are commendable. 

THIS IS MY LADY.

No but for serious, I was with Fiorina'16 for the longest time and when Cruz chose her as his running mate it made my heart smile. Now Cruz has become the very thing he swore to destroy. But Fiorina, Fiorina on the other hand, she is the chosen one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Now Cruz has become the very thing he swore to destroy. But Fiorina, Fiorina on the other hand, she is the chosen one.

I love the Star Wars quote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

THIS IS MY LADY.

No but for serious, I was with Fiorina'16 for the longest time and when Cruz chose her as his running mate it made my heart smile. Now Cruz has become the very thing he swore to destroy. But Fiorina, Fiorina on the other hand, she is the chosen one.

I haven't been paying much attention. What did Cruz do? Is it because he supports the man who insulted his wife?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I haven't been paying much attention. What did Cruz do? Is it because he supports the man who insulted his wife?

He has been the greatest example of switching sides from truth to lies and justice to injustice.

He went from this to when asked if Trump gassing protesters was violent and inappropriate he said "Yes it was violent and inappropriate, on the part of the protesters." He has bowed down and kowtowed entirely to the cult of Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I love the Star Wars quote!

If you like Star Wars references as much as me, go look at my latest post in the 2020 RP and see if you can spot it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

If you like Star Wars references as much as me, go look at my latest post in the 2020 RP and see if you can spot it!

Rank the prequels OT and sequels. Mine is: prequels > ot > sequels.

Sequels were ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Rank the prequels OT and sequels. Mine is: prequels > ot > sequels.

Sequels were ass.

The sequels were indeed ass. But I must give the OT the precedence here. Though I certainly enjoy the prequels quite a bit more than your average bear, I really enjoyed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Rank the prequels OT and sequels. Mine is: prequels > ot > sequels.

Sequels were ass.

 

38 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

The sequels were indeed ass. But I must give the OT the precedence here. Though I certainly enjoy the prequels quite a bit more than your average bear, I really enjoyed them.

Definitely, the Disney Sequels were utter garbage and not worthy of the Star Wars label at all (complete with a very annoying, literally Mary Sue heroine and the most annoying, pitiful, emo, and whiney villains I've seen a major Hollywood blockbuster movie). The prequels were truly an underappreciated masterwork that often got a bad rep because of the arts of CG and camera speed tricks were relatively new at the time, and looked clumsy, and there was an oft-complained about comic-relief alien character and some notably self-indulgent acting. But the story had very deep-seated, and relevant - in a cautionary way - undertones to the state of the real world at the time, without being too overt (case and point, many people at the time didn't even notice). It would be hard to directly rank the Prequels and the Original Trilogy against each other as they cover such very different aspects of story and theme under the same franchise. But, indeed, my Star Wars movie collection is the DVD's of pre-Blue Ray Episodes 1-6, as well as the Special Edition Original Trilogy (as they appeared in the theatres in 1977-1983), three made-for-TV Star Wars movies from the late '70's/early-mid-80's period on VHS-rip video files, and that's it - no Disney made movies under the franchise label.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patine said:

 

Definitely, the Disney Sequels were utter garbage and not worthy of the Star Wars label at all (complete with a very annoying, literally Mary Sue heroine and the most annoying, pitiful, emo, and whiney villains I've seen a major Hollywood blockbuster movie). The prequels were truly an underappreciated masterwork that often got a bad rep because of the arts of CG and camera speed tricks were relatively new at the time, and looked clumsy, and there was an oft-complained about comic-relief alien character and some notably self-indulgent acting. But the story had very deep-seated, and relevant - in a cautionary way - undertones to the state of the real world at the time, without being too overt (case and point, many people at the time didn't even notice). It would be hard to directly rank the Prequels and the Original Trilogy against each other as they cover such very different aspects of story and theme under the same franchise. But, indeed, my Star Wars movie collection is the DVD's of pre-Blue Ray Episodes 1-6, as well as the Special Edition Original Trilogy (as they appeared in the theatres in 1977-1983), three made-for-TV Star Wars movies from the late '70's/early-mid-80's period on VHS-rip video files, and that's it - no Disney made movies under the franchise label.

Hey, something we can agree upon (though I definitely rank the OT above the prequels)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Hey, something we can agree upon (though I definitely rank the OT above the prequels)

 

5 hours ago, Patine said:

 

Definitely, the Disney Sequels were utter garbage and not worthy of the Star Wars label at all (complete with a very annoying, literally Mary Sue heroine and the most annoying, pitiful, emo, and whiney villains I've seen a major Hollywood blockbuster movie). The prequels were truly an underappreciated masterwork that often got a bad rep because of the arts of CG and camera speed tricks were relatively new at the time, and looked clumsy, and there was an oft-complained about comic-relief alien character and some notably self-indulgent acting. But the story had very deep-seated, and relevant - in a cautionary way - undertones to the state of the real world at the time, without being too overt (case and point, many people at the time didn't even notice). It would be hard to directly rank the Prequels and the Original Trilogy against each other as they cover such very different aspects of story and theme under the same franchise. But, indeed, my Star Wars movie collection is the DVD's of pre-Blue Ray Episodes 1-6, as well as the Special Edition Original Trilogy (as they appeared in the theatres in 1977-1983), three made-for-TV Star Wars movies from the late '70's/early-mid-80's period on VHS-rip video files, and that's it - no Disney made movies under the franchise label.

The original trilogy is way better than the prequel trilogy and sequel trilogy. It's not even close. The prequel trilogy only has one good movie--the third one. The sequel trilogy is better than the prequel trilogy, but none of their movies are as good as the 3rd episode of the prequels or any of the original trilogy movies. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every movie, and I'm glad they were made. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The original trilogy only has one good movie--the third one

That's a hot take if ever I saw one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pilight said:

That's a hot take if ever I saw one

I meant the prequel trilogy only has one good movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

If you like Star Wars references as much as me, go look at my latest post in the 2020 RP and see if you can spot it!

I absolutely do! Will have a look later, thanks!

13 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Rank the prequels OT and sequels. Mine is: prequels > ot > sequels.

Sequels were ass.

I came to be a Star Wars fan through the prequels. I probably saw 'Attack of the Clones' first. These films are great, because they have so much politics in it and the fights are tremendous. The OT is good, but of course the technical aspects are not as great as in the prequels. The sequels haven't got me nearly as excited.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...