270soft Forum
vcczar

"Are You Better Off Than You Were 4 Years Ago?" Poll

"Are You Better Off Than You Were 4 Years Ago?" Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. In four months--on Election Day--, do you think the majority of Americans will be able to say that they are better off than they were four years ago?

2. 2. Which of the following presidents made American better off compared to their predecessor? Which of these is true?

• Americans were better off after 4 years with Trump than with Obama's last four years.
    • Americans were better off after 4 years with Obama than with Bush II's last four years.
    • Americans were better off after 4 years with Bush II than with Clinton's last four years.
    • Americans were better off after 4 years with Clinton than with Bush I's last four years.
    • Americans were better off after 4 years with Bush I than with Reagan's last four years.
    • Americans were better off after 4 years with Reagan than with Carter's last four years.
    • Each president was worse for American's than their predecessor.
  3. 3. Will Pres. Biden be a better president than Trump? i.e. Will America be better off in four years than they are now?

4. 4. What are the chances that Trump wins reelection based on what you think will happen between now and election day?

• Guaranteed 10 out of 10
    • About 9 out of 10
    • About 8 out of 10
    • About 7 out of 10
    • About 6 out of 10 (lean Trump)
    • About 5 out of 10 (total tossup)
    • About 4 out of 10 (lean Biden)
    • About 3 out of 10
    • About 2 out of 10
    • About 1 out of 10
    • Guaranteed defeat 0 out of 10
  5. 5. What is your opinion of 3rd Parties? Click all that are true.

• It should be encouraged in this election, so as to oe day become a major party or influence the major parties.
    • While I prefer the 3rd parties to the major parties, I think anyone voting 3rd party is naively helping Trump.
    • While I prefer the 3rd parties to the major parties, I think anyone voting 3rd party is naively helping Biden.
    • Having little impact on the election and are wasting their time and their vote so long as we have an electoral college and a single-round voting system.
    • Are close to traitors for screwing up the election results, especially in battleground states.
    • I am okay with it, and I might support them, but they'll likely never be major parties and they may never have much of an influence.
    • 3rd parties should be eliminated in the general election unless they are polling a certain significant % within a month of the election.
    • I hope both major parties collapse and we end up with like 3 or 4 major parties, even if it means no one ever gets 270 EVs and the House decides every election.
    • I have a positive view of the 3rd parties in theory, but I have a negative view of them in practice.
    • Jill Stein cost Hillary Clinton the election.
    • Gary Johnson cost Hillary Clinton the election.
    • Ralph Nader cost Al Gore the election.
    • Ross Perot cost GHW Bush the election.
    • John Anderson cost Jimmy Carter the election.
    • If you selected that any of these above people cost a nominee the election, were we better off with the winner than we were with the losing nominee?
    • Would the US be better off with a parliamentary system like in Canada or the UK, which might allow 3rd parties more influence?
    • The Green Party will one day be a major party.
    • The Libertarian Party will one day be a major party.
    • Third Parties should evolve and compromise in order to expand their umbella and excite more registered voters outside of their purists base, otherwise they'll never have a chance at 270 EVs.
    • Third Parties would destroy the major parties if the Electoral College were abolished.
    • Third Parties would destroy the major parties if the Electoral College were abolished and if there was a multi-round or multi-rank voting system.
    • Third Parties would destroy the major parties if they got equal air time and debate participation with the major parties.
    • I will see a 3rd party president in my lifetime.
    • Other regarding 3rd parties.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Great. Now be consistent with Biden, and call on him to withdraw as the party's nominee.

This!!!

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Great. Now be consistent with Biden, and call on him to withdraw as the party's nominee.

Look at this level of moral superiority from Trump supporters.  

Do you actually care about the truth?

At all?

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

This is even happening in Nebraska with our Democratic senate nominee. He's been accused of sexual harassment, with proof, and the party has called for him to suspend his campaign so one of the two women who ran against him could be the nominee. One of the women also happens to be black so it'd be good timing. Instead the senate nominee is refusing to step down. So rather than go down swinging against Sasse he just wants to hand him the election even more and further damage the Democratic party in Nebraska. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

endorses a known child molester for the Senate because at least he isn’t a Democrat.

The question that remains is: had Democrats actually supported theocrat Roy Moore for Senate, if Doug Jones had been the bad guy?

• Like 1

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

The question that remains is: had Democrats actually supported theocrat Roy Moore for Senate, if Doug Jones had been the bad guy?

How in the world is that the question — and even if it was, wasn’t it answered by their removal of Franken?

The question is, why is Donald Trump not held accountable for his sexual assaults and endorsement of a known child molester by you and @admin_270?  The man is on tape bragging about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

How in the world is that the question — and even if it was, wasn’t it answered by their removal of Franken?

The question is, why is Donald Trump not held accountable for his sexual assaults and endorsement of a known child molester by you and @admin_270?  The man is on tape bragging about it.

The question was actually about Biden until you changed it.

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Do you actually care about the truth?

Yes, which is why I'm criticizing you for your statement re Kavanaugh. I don't like the idea of people's lives being destroyed because of possibly true, possibly false allegations from 30 years ago. As you said, you ought to seriously consider the allegations. In this case (as in many others regarding public officials, as you noted with Buttigieg), they don't hold up to the standard required to destroy someone's life or career.

Well we know what answer the Republicans gave. Sorry, what answer Trump gave. Some Republicans, like Jeff Flake were good enough to even give money to Doug Jones. 

While it's a hypothetical - I believe Democrats would've at the very least tried to boot him off the ticket. If it was a swing state, it would've been a more difficult decision, yes, but I honestly believe that the DSCC would've pulled resources. You can disagree with that, but it's my hunch.

And while Franken has been discussed - I contend that this stuff goes on all sides. Some Democrats hate Kirsten Gillibrand because she was one of the first to ask for him to go. I think that's absurd. 

2 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

The question was actually about Biden until you changed it.

So you choose what questions get to be asked? You can't answer any because you can't plausibly defend your side, because it'd be a hypocritical approach? No. I believe at the very least the Democratic Party should've launched an investigation about the allegations. Maybe they did behind closed doors, I don't know. From my opinion they did things wrong. But you can't claim superiority when Trump has 20x the amount of allegations that Biden does. You can't call on Biden to drop out and not do the same for Trump. 

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

While it's a hypothetical - I believe Democrats would've at the very least tried to boot him off the ticket. If it was a swing state, it would've been a more difficult decision, yes, but I honestly believe that the DSCC would've pulled resources. You can disagree with that, but it's my hunch.

This is fair, because this is more or less what they're doing in Nebraska. They want him off the ticket and aren't giving him resources, but he's refusing to step down.So this is probably @Conservative Elector 2's answer but still up to the individual running. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hestia11 said:

So you choose what questions get to be asked? You can't answer any because you can't plausibly defend your side, because it'd be a hypocritical approach? No. I believe at the very least the Democratic Party should've launched an investigation about the allegations. Maybe they did behind closed doors, I don't know. From my opinion they did things wrong. But you can't claim superiority when Trump has 20x the amount of allegations that Biden does. You can't call on Biden to drop out and not do the same for Trump. 

I did point how how I did state that when the tape first came out I said the RNC should dump Trump for Pence. So. 

51 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

"America’s “Creepy Uncle Joe” as people stood by and watched. One of the more awkward moments from the Joe Biden inappropriate behavior reel is his whispering, grabbing, and ultimately trying to kiss Delaware Senator Chris Coon’ daughter Maggie. She is 13. Coons defended Biden saying that “he was being Joe” and it was just his way of being “thoughtful and sweet” to a young girl in the spotlight. Ultimately, what else could he say? Biden being Biden is an acceptable explanation to the media watching, what is a senator from the vice president’s party supposed to do?"

And this was from 2015.

This is a case of one bragging, having locker room talk(I remember after that surfaced and Pence gave his speech at the RNC, I was parroting how he should be the nominee and they should dump Trump) and the other being quiet, hiding his deeds, and trying to say he's from a different era. 

@Hestia11 and also @Actinguy since he must have missed this post which included evidence about Biden.

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

I did point how how I did state that when the tape first came out I said the RNC should dump Trump for Pence. So. 

I heavily doubt @admin_270 and others feel the same way. 

Plus - Democrats don't have a VP nominee yet. It's easy to say dump him for Pence when all Republicans could feasibly rally around him, when Trump looked like he was imploding. There's no one Democrats could say - let's just do this person instead. It wouldn't work. The party would blow up, which is why Republicans didn't do it.

@Hestia11 and also @Actinguy since he must have missed this post which included evidence about Biden.

I didn't. If the girl wants to make an allegation - that's fine. Also the page doesn't work. 

But you can't claim superiority when Trump has 20x the amount of allegations that Biden does

I'm not claiming superiority. I'm just claiming @Actinguy isn't being consistent.

Happily talk about Trump and the Access Hollywood tape, or his endorsement of Moore, if @Actinguy can give a coherent response re Biden other than to say "But Trump!!!"

2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Um the Franken removal had nothing to do with the Alabama Senate race. My point is different. Roy Moore is - even if no child molester - probably one of the worst breed of Republicans for Democrats. Imagine Doug Jones had been accused of the same thing Moore was and Moore had not been. I don't think most Democrats had just said ''oh let's make sure the creepy guy doesn't win by voting for the theocrat''. Bottom line it's easy to say abstain from supporting the bad guy, if the bad guy isn't the one I had supported earlier.

6 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

As someone from the Bush-Cheney neocon tradition I was never a fan of Trump since he had announced. At the beginning it was at least fun, but it turned out way worse. I'd vote for Bolton in a second over Trump, but that doesn't mean I am jumping off to the opponent's camp. The Trump era will end one way or the other and it's time to prepare for this in the right way I believe.
'

I'm not claiming superiority. I'm just claiming @Actinguy isn't being consistent.

Happily talk about Trump and the Access Hollywood tape, or his endorsement of Moore, if @Actinguy can give a coherent response re Biden other than to say "But Trump!!!"

There are plenty of holes in Reade's story. It could be true, I don't want to say uniformly that she isn't telling the truth because there isn't a way to know 100% one way or another right now, but POLITICO did a huge report on it a few weeks ago. There are ways to respond other than just saying Trump did worse. 

That is completely wrong. Many thought Franken had to go because of the Senate race. I remember that very clearly. Did you read my answer?

8 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I believe Democrats would've at the very least tried to boot him off the ticket. If it was a swing state, it would've been a more difficult decision, yes, but I honestly believe that the DSCC would've pulled resources. You can disagree with that, but it's my hunch.

Yeah but Trump was also originally in Luther Strange's team if I remember that correctly.

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I heavily doubt @admin_270 and others feel the same way. 

Plus - Democrats don't have a VP nominee yet. It's easy to say dump him for Pence when all Republicans could feasibly rally around him, when Trump looked like he was imploding. There's no one Democrats could say - let's just do this person instead. It wouldn't work. The party would blow up, which is why Republicans didn't do it.

I didn't. If the girl wants to make an allegation - that's fine. Also the page doesn't work. 

Was it about me? You didn't mention anyone else when you first made your post. Now it's about admin and others? Okay.

Okay so now that I did say well Trump should get the boot for Pence, that doesn't give me any credit for saying Biden should? Why are you moving the goal posts here?

https://time.com/3713264/joe-biden-stephanie-carter-shoulder-rub/ it should now. 

That is completely wrong. Many thought Franken had to go because of the Senate race. I remember that very clearly. Did you read my answer?

My screen says the quotation to which you answered the above post, was said by me, I did not say this lol

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah but Trump was also originally in Luther Strange's team if I remember that correctly.

But he changed quite quickly when Moore won. That was mostly because Strange was the incumbent at the time if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

Was it about me? You didn't mention anyone else when you first made your post. Now it's about admin and others? Okay.

Okay so now that I did say well Trump should get the boot for Pence, that doesn't give me any credit for saying Biden should? Why are you moving the goal posts here?

https://time.com/3713264/joe-biden-stephanie-carter-shoulder-rub/ it should now. 

I...don't even understand. I didn't move the goal posts and I didn't even offer a question. I'm just saying it's harder for Democrats to dump Biden now before he's chosen a VP than when Trump had Pence already chosen for months. 

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

My screen says the quotation to which you answered the above post, was said by me, I did not say this lol

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/democrats-turn-franken-get-moore-n827161

This was kind of going around at that time.

12 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

There are plenty of holes in Reade's story.

Right, just like with Blasey Ford's. You don't seem to understand I'm responding to his claim re Kavanaugh.

6 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I...don't even understand. I didn't move the goal posts and I didn't even offer a question. I'm just saying it's harder for Democrats to dump Biden now before he's chosen a VP than when Trump had Pence already chosen for months. 

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, at least our interactions. My apologies. 

Right, just like with Blasey Ford's. You don't seem to understand I'm responding to his claim re Kavanaugh.

That's fine. It's all in the eyes of the beholder on some of this stuff, unfortunately.

Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, at least our interactions. My apologies. 

That's fine. Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough.