270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vcczar

If you were president: Eisenhower's Matrix

Pres. Eisenhower has a system, which is now called Eisenhower's matrix by some historians. He would determine what to do based on importance and urgency:

1. If the situation or topic was important and urgent, then he would personally act on it. 
  2. If the situation or topic was important but not urgent, then he would plan to act on it later. 
  3. If the situation or topic was not important but was urgent, then he woud delegate it. 
  4. If the situation or topic was neither important nor urgent, then he would ignore it until it becomes either important or urgent. 

If you were president, and considering the major issues for 2020 that are being discussed by politicians, as president, which of these 4 boxes would you place the issues in? 

I'll give one example of what I would do for each:

Box 1- Act. Climate change.

Box 2- Plan. Eliminate student debt and make public university tuition based on family income with some exceptions for independent students. 

Box 3- Delegate. Filling low-level executive positions that are vacant. 

Box 4-ignore. Executive action on abortion.

What would you do?

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

1. Climate change.

Important and urgent.

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

2. Eliminate student debt and make public university tuition based on family income with some exceptions for independent students. 

Important but not urgent. 

3. Filling low-level executive positions that are vacant. 

Not important but urgent.

4. Executive action on abortion.

Not important, not urgent. 

2 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Important and urgent.

Important but not urgent. 

Not important but urgent.

Not important, not urgent. 

I don't think I made it clear. These are what I would put in box 1-4. I'm not asking which box you'd place these in. What would you add to each box out of the issues. Those are just examples of mine. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Pres. Eisenhower has a system, which is now called Eisenhower's matrix by some historians. He would determine what to do based on importance and urgency:

1. If the situation or topic was important and urgent, then he would personally act on it. 
  2. If the situation or topic was important but not urgent, then he would plan to act on it later. 
  3. If the situation or topic was not important but was urgent, then he woud delegate it. 
  4. If the situation or topic was neither important nor urgent, then he would ignore it until it becomes either important or urgent. 

If you were president, and considering the major issues for 2020 that are being discussed by politicians, as president, which of these 4 boxes would you place the issues in? 

I'll give one example of what I would do for each:

Box 1- Act. Climate change.

Box 2- Plan. Eliminate student debt and make public university tuition based on family income with some exceptions for independent students. 

Box 3- Delegate. Filling low-level executive positions that are vacant. 

Box 4-ignore. Executive action on abortion.

What would you do?

Might I re-iterate my agreement here with William Tecumseh Sherman and Todd Robert Lincoln. What a wretched job!

• Confused 2

Just now, Patine said:

Might I re-iterate my agreement here with William Tecumseh Sherman and Todd Robert Lincoln. What a wretched job!

Is this in reaction to the Matrix or my examples?

Just now, vcczar said:

Is this in reaction to the Matrix or my examples?

The question is "if I were President," according to a Matrix by Eisenhower. I re-iteration my aversion to personally holding the job.

Just now, Patine said:

The question is "if I were President," according to a Matrix by Eisenhower. I re-iteration my aversion to personally holding the job.

Oh ok. That makes sense. 

Oh ok. That makes sense. 

I would have left it be, but you've taken to multiple-pings on some polls, so I thought a colorful posts of siding with Sherman and RT Lincoln would do a bit better.