270soft Forum
Hestia11

Kellyanne Conway attacks Kung Flu phrase months before Trump says it

The problem is, I am not sure if Trump endorses to call it kung flu. As far as I understood the remark just said: "I can name kung flu, I can name 19 different versions of names". This doesn't imply he would suggest to use this specific term. It states there are people who call it that way.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

The problem is, I am not sure if Trump endorses to call it kung flu. As far as I understood the remark just said: "I can name kung flu, I can name 19 different versions of names". This doesn't imply he would suggest to use this specific term. It states there are people who call it that way.

You're optimism of Trump and his competence and sensibility approaches the levels of @admin_270's. :P

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

You're optimism of Trump and his competence and sensibility approaches the levels of @admin_270's. :P

No, I believe he knows exactly how to say things so people are actually wrong when calling him out. He and his team are not that dumb. But the media doesn't recite the facts correctly. They are simplifying the situation and I think it is necessary to stick to the facts.

As someone who really appreciates East Asian culture since a very young age (my first favourite singer when I was like 5 y/o was Japanese), you can trust me to not endorse such statements. However, it is totally ok to refer to China as the country of origin. That's the accepted truth so far and it's not racist at all to point it out. It's also a fact to say the Chinese government did a very bad job and were more concerned to cover the situation up instead of fighting it before it develops into a pandemic. The WHO did also a mediocre job. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

No, I believe he knows exactly how to say things so people are actually wrong when calling him out. He and his team are not that dumb. But the media doesn't recite the facts correctly. They are simplifying the situation and I think it is necessary to stick to the facts.

As someone who really appreciates East Asian culture since a very young age (my first favourite singer when I was like 5 y/o was Japanese), you can trust me to not endorse such statements. However, it is totally ok to refer to China as the country of origin. That's the accepted truth so far and it's not racist at all to point it out. It's also a fact to say the Chinese government did a very bad job and were more concerned to cover the situation up instead of fighting it before it develops into a pandemic. The WHO did also a mediocre job. 

Trump isn't dumb, but he's careless, tactless, and clumsy with his words, and I believe he lacks the calculating approach your proposing. He's also only semi-coherent much of the time, and maybe in the early stages of dementia, like Biden likely is (but thank-you, Goldwater, for making sure no American voter has the right to demand mandatory tests in that area for the nation's Chief Executive. :S )

It's not racist to call it Kung Flu. It won't hurt anyone, other than the feelings of Mainlanders. Fuck China, fuck the Chinese who used my country as an evacuation center. 

Anyone can attack America as "obese" or whatever stereotype you have and yet no one will attack you for doing so. 

Knowing Trump, Kung Flu is probably one of his shenanigans and jokes. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

He and his team are not that dumb

(x)

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

(x)

Well, they know exactly how to play the media and fire up their base. Saying Trump is a dumb person wouldn't be correct imho. Bush wasn't clueless either, but Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove and so on might have been true architects of the administration nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, CentristGuy said:

It's not racist to call it Kung Flu. It won't hurt anyone, other than the feelings of Mainlanders. Fuck China, fuck the Chinese who used my country as an evacuation center. 

Anyone can attack America as "obese" or whatever stereotype you have and yet no one will attack you for doing so. 

Knowing Trump, Kung Flu is probably one of his shenanigans and jokes. 

I can't get behind when people condemn whole populations wholesale for what their government does, or that government's policies. It's the foundations of the dehumanizing element of the Goebbels school of propaganda, and it's just plain vile, evil, and sociopathic. I have to call it out again, here. It's unacceptable thinking. Period.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patine said:

I can't get behind when people condemn whole populations wholesale for what their government does, or that government's policies. It's the foundations of the dehumanizing element of the Goebbels school of propaganda, and it's just plain vile, evil, and sociopathic. I have to call it out again, here. It's unacceptable thinking. Period.

A vast Majority of Mainlanders are supporters of the CCP. A vast Majority believe that my Countrymen are inferior, are less than them. And a vast majority of them believe that OUR territory is theirs. 

You wouldn't understand since your country isn't being invaded by LITERAL outsiders. Not Paying taxes, exploiting our Women, Receiving Special Treatment from our President and acting like they own the place. 

Chinese Media calling the Philippines a province of China is not just a slip of the tounge. By all intents and purposes, we are a Chinese Province. And I fucking despise both the Government and the Vast Majority of People who agree with that. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, Hestia11 said:

If the highlight of the news cycle is "Kung Flu" then the Trump opponents and the media (but I repeat myself) really have nothing left. Especially when they're willing to overlook all of the gaffes and stupid things Biden says. Remember "Poor kids are just as talented as white kids." NO one talks about that. If you're going to get on Trump for his lack of eloquence that's fair, just make it even-handed. I thought the joke was funny, but then again what do I know, I'm a white male so I'm not allowed to have opinions on anything. Welcome to the Age of Professional Victims where everyone's offended by everything. If a joke isn't offensive, you're not doing it right. People just gotta grow a spine. Seriously, I watched that news conference and half the questions were about that, the other half was a micro-analysis of that guy Trump fired (forget his name). I propose that in all future press conferences, McEnany should just have a dead horse brought in for the media members to beat :)

1 hour ago, servo75 said:

If the highlight of the news cycle is "Kung Flu" then the Trump opponents and the media (but I repeat myself) really have nothing left.

American Presidential politics has nothing left this election cycle. The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election, like 1852, 1920, 1968, 2004, and 2016 before it, now that the nominations are made, is dead in the water for any hopes of producing any worthwhile or needed winner, or anyone but a useless failure or lying monster. R.I.P. U.S. Presidential Election - 5 months or so before election night. The blame, for anyone who wants to know and call them to account, is the corrupt Party Duopoly rigging U.S. elections and the plutocratic oligarchy BRIBING them (yes, GRAFT, a very serious crime - at least, on paper) to kowtow to their wishes and ignore that of their constituents.

2 hours ago, CentristGuy said:

A vast Majority of Mainlanders are supporters of the CCP. A vast Majority believe that my Countrymen are inferior, are less than them. And a vast majority of them believe that OUR territory is theirs. 

You wouldn't understand since your country isn't being invaded by LITERAL outsiders. Not Paying taxes, exploiting our Women, Receiving Special Treatment from our President and acting like they own the place. 

Chinese Media calling the Philippines a province of China is not just a slip of the tounge. By all intents and purposes, we are a Chinese Province. And I fucking despise both the Government and the Vast Majority of People who agree with that. 

Can you please provide me with this support poll that can't possibly and realistically exist in any honest and unbiased form and not under intimated duress? Otherwise, I will reiterate that Goebbels-school dehumanization "the whole population is responsible for the actions of the government and should all be punished as such," I consider to be sociopathic and subhuman thinking - NAZI calibre thinking - and I will not cease to call you out for such loathsome ideology and offer no respect and only disgust for it. Condemning the Chinese Government for it's actions is one thing - condemning all 1.6 billion citizens of the PRC and wishing them death for their government's actions, and believing that is justified, is inhuman and soulless.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I consider to be sociopathic and subhuman thinking - NAZI

IMG_20200624_155608.jpg

10 hours ago, Patine said:

Can you please provide me with this support poll that can't possibly and realistically exist in any honest and unbiased form and not under intimated duress? Otherwise, I will reiterate that Goebbels-school dehumanization "the whole population is responsible for the actions of the government and should all be punished as such," I consider to be sociopathic and subhuman thinking - NAZI calibre thinking - and I will not cease to call you out for such loathsome ideology and offer no respect and only disgust for it. Condemning the Chinese Government for it's actions is one thing - condemning all 1.6 billion citizens of the PRC and wishing them death for their government's actions, and believing that is justified, is inhuman and soulless.

In @CentristGuy's defence, the NAZI's demonized, and scapegoated people who didn't have a lot of societal power, jews, romani, homsexuals, and the like. What he's talking about is one of the world's only two hyperpowers, coming in, and fucking his country for its own gain, it's perfectly justified for him to hate the Chinese for what their doing to his country. It's more tantamount to a 19th century Rwandan, hating Germans for colonizing his homeland, which brings me to my next point. While yes, not ALL, Chinese people support the CPC's actions in the Philippines, the vast majority do, much as the vast majority of germans, supported African colonization, and viewed Africans as subhumans. To sum up, my point is this; It's perfectly natural for the colonized to hate colonizers, and what China is doing is tantamount to colonizing the Philippines.

• Like 1

Honestly the responses to this were hilarious in trying to justify or whatever their political stances were. I was just pointing out it’s funny that Kellyanne can do a 360 flip and get away with it. Anyone thinking that it is a major campaign moment is kidding themselves and should read my words and not put words in my mouth. 

13 hours ago, servo75 said:

If the highlight of the news cycle is "Kung Flu" then the Trump opponents and the media (but I repeat myself) really have nothing left. Especially when they're willing to overlook all of the gaffes and stupid things Biden says. Remember "Poor kids are just as talented as white kids." NO one talks about that. If you're going to get on Trump for his lack of eloquence that's fair, just make it even-handed. I thought the joke was funny, but then again what do I know, I'm a white male so I'm not allowed to have opinions on anything. Welcome to the Age of Professional Victims where everyone's offended by everything. If a joke isn't offensive, you're not doing it right. People just gotta grow a spine. Seriously, I watched that news conference and half the questions were about that, the other half was a micro-analysis of that guy Trump fired (forget his name). I propose that in all future press conferences, McEnany should just have a dead horse brought in for the media members to beat :)

Looks like I’m talking to you. Blew it way out of proportion immediately and then act like the victim. That’s classy.

And by the way Kellyanne called it offensive so it’s not just “the left” saying it is. As quoted from Newsweek, Months earlier, White House counselor and former Press Secretary Kellyanne Conway condemned "Kung Flu" as "very hurtful and unhelpful,”

On 6/23/2020 at 4:06 AM, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I get the point you’re trying to make here, and I could get to agree to it if the press secretary (on his behalf) didn’t try to excuse it as having originated from China. From Politico: President Trump is trying to say, 'no, China, I will label this virus for its place of origin.'” That implies to me that he endorses it. I think it requires a reach to believe that, but you’re entitled to your opinion. 

On 6/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, Hestia11 said:

Honestly the responses to this were hilarious in trying to justify or whatever their political stances were. I was just pointing out it’s funny that Kellyanne can do a 360 flip and get away with it. Anyone thinking that it is a major campaign moment is kidding themselves and should read my words and not put words in my mouth. 

Looks like I’m talking to you. Blew it way out of proportion immediately and then act like the victim. That’s classy.

The people who blew it out of proportion were the media who had to bring it up over and over again expecting a different answer. It's a non-issue, a nothing-burger. It's a joke, we used to be able to make them in this country. Chill out.