270soft Forum
vcczar

Top 8 270soft Members by Content

13 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah that was the way I read it at first.

It's also how I read it. Your English skills on this are fine.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

It's also how I read it. Your English skills on this are fine.

It is still, of course, not what he meant.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Where?

I already quoted the jazz. He doesn't want any old Africans or shitholers. He wants white europeans! Not your uncle from Kenya! He wants some fine Norweigans!

Just now, Reagan04 said:

I already quoted the jazz. He doesn't want any old Africans or shitholers. He wants white europeans! Not your uncle from Kenya! He wants some fine Norweigans!

"We're all from Africa, originally," Rachel Doelentz.

Again, couldn't resist. :P

17 minutes ago, Patine said:

All of it...

Great, then mention a specific thing that's incorrect and why you think so.

Great, then mention a specific thing that's incorrect and why you think so.

Just plain out - Trump is OBVIOUSLY not a meritocrat. Anyone can see that. Look at his (revolving door) Cabinet and staff. I mean really? Think about this. Where is the meritocracy? I can't see it at all. I just see incompetence, nepotism, tokenism, and a lot bigotry. I'm really not sure what you're smoking when you look at Trump's traits as a President.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

You are going from a quote about not wanting large numbers of immigrants from shithole countries (doesn't sound racist to me, but perhaps you get out of it what you take to it) to making up some quote about innate superiority (definitely sounds racist, no quote like that exists to my knowledge - you made it up).

You yourself said you couldn't source the quote about an uncle from Kenya.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Just plain out - Trump is OBVIOUSLY not a meritocrat

I'm not talking about his Cabinet, obviously. I'm talking about his immigration views.

27 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

A strategy that is blatantly ineffective.

It might have been ineffective. But it was clear the Trump campaign was trying to appeal to certain black voters.

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Do you recognize that even if he didn't mention someone's uncle from Kenya (still looking as I remember the reporting that was done when he said it). He has made comments essentially tantamount to saying this in his anti-African immigration rhetoric, clearly favoring white immigrants.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Do you recognize that even if he didn't mention someone's uncle from Kenya (still looking as I remember the reporting that was done when he said it). He has made comments essentially tantamount to saying this in his anti-African immigration rhetoric, clearly favoring white immigrants.

Great, then why don't you give those quotes, instead of making ones up? In particular, one in which Trump says "the "best people" are innately white," since that's what you claimed he said. I would be very interested in finding out he had said such a thing.

Great, then why don't you give those quotes, instead of making ones up? In particular, one in which Trump says "the "best people" are innately white," since that's what you claimed he said. I would be very interested in finding out he had said such a thing.

*sigh*

When he says that there are shithole countries that he doesn't want immigrants from and all those countries happen to be African, Carribean, Non-white nations. And he then goes onto say that there are some nation's he'd be alright with and names a famously 95% white nation and then you proceed to say that he only wants the best people, it's pretty clear that he thinks the best people are white immigrants.

This does not take a sherlock holmes to figure it out. Very rarely do successful racists just come out and say "Hey hey I'm a racist!" and yet Trump has dogwhistled and hinted and pointed and winked so many times to and at racists and white supremacists, it would take a fool to look past it.

3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

When he says that there are shithole countries that he doesn't want immigrants from and all those countries happen to be African, Carribean, Non-white nations. And he then goes onto say that there are some nation's he'd be alright with and names a famously 95% white nation and then you proceed to say that he only wants the best people, it's pretty clear that he thinks the best people are white immigrants.

The country mentioned in particular in the article is Haiti. Haiti's PPP is 173/185. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

The other country mentioned in the article is Norway. Norway is 6/185.

It is 'clear' to me that Trump is referring to the economic situation in countries like Haiti and Norway.

He's not calling Singapore, or Japan, or South Korea, or Taiwan 'shithole' countries. Guess why? It has nothing to do with race. It's because they have highly functioning economies.

The country mentioned in particular in the article is Haiti. Haiti's PPP is 173/185. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

The other country mentioned in the article is Norway. Norway is 6/185.

It is 'clear' to me that Trump is referring to the economic situation in countries like Haiti and Norway.

He's not calling Singapore, or Japan, or South Korea, or Taiwan 'shithole' countries. Guess why? It has nothing to do with race. It's because they have highly functioning economies.

Well don't even get me started on his racist takes and conspiracy theories about Asians.

But it wasn't just Haiti, he mentioned African nations too. Furthermore, the people aren't the reason why the economy is weak. People immigrate to the US so that they can find a better life and more opportunity in a nation with a real and strong free market. Trump doesn't want that for people whose skin tone is off-beige. We aren't recruiting economists to run the nation here, we're allowing people a shot in the land of the free. 

But that would be far too open-minded for a xenophobe like Donald Trump, which is why he and his ilk hide behind false realities and scare tactics surrounding immigrants.

36 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I'm not talking about his Cabinet, obviously. I'm talking about his immigration views.

We're talking about his views on "meritocracy." His hiring views and his immigration preference views are no doubt linked in a great "meritocratic," (or not) viewpoint. Trump is hardly a deep, multi-faceted, ultra-complex, strongly-nuanced, enigmatic "Renaissance Man," who opponents are perplexed by his endless mystery and sudden rhetorical rapporte that leave them spellbound... :S 

But it wasn't just Haiti, he mentioned African nations too.

Right, probably because the bottom 12 countries in PPP are all in Africa. Then comes Haiti. 25/30 of the bottom 30 are from Africa.

Trump also mentioned El Salvador. Most El Salvadorans are of mixed European-indigenous ancestry. Does Trump hate Spaniards?

No, it's because El Salvador has significant problems with poverty and violent crime.

Trump also mentioned El Salvador. Most El Salvadorans are of mixed European-indigenous ancestry. Does Trump hate Spaniards?

No, it's because El Salvador has significant problems with poverty and violent crime.

That is well in line with his anti-hispanic rhetoric

I take it you've never seen Trump rallies where there are a bunch of 'Latinos for Trump' signs behind him.

https://latinos.donaldjtrump.com/

Oh my God I'm so sorry I had no idea your best friend in 2nd grade was black.

You are clearly not a racist friend of the fight!

• Confused 1

Oh my God I'm so sorry I had no idea your best friend in 2nd grade was black.

You are clearly not a racist friend of the fight!

Bizarre.

57 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

You are going from a quote about not wanting large numbers of immigrants from shithole countries (doesn't sound racist to me, but perhaps you get out of it what you take to it) to making up some quote about innate superiority (definitely sounds racist, no quote like that exists to my knowledge - you made it up).

Saying shithole countries is undoubtedly racist. 

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Bizarre.

He's being sarcastic about the fact that Trump is using tokenism to try and get people to believe he has a diverse base. (which, is more than what you'd think obviously, there are going to be thousands of Black and Latino supporters of every political candidate) 

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Saying shithole countries is undoubtedly racist.

Why is it 'undoubtedly' racist? Doesn't sound racist to me. Are we not allowed to criticize countries that really don't have it together?

Why is it 'undoubtedly' racist? Doesn't sound racist to me. Are we not allowed to criticize countries that really don't have it together?

There’s a difference between criticism and calling entire countries shitholes. 

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Trump is using tokenism to try and get people to believe he has a diverse base

The point isn't about the composition of his base. The point is about his campaign messaging. Same as point re blacks. Odd strategy to simultaneously hate Hispanics and try to woo them.

The resolution of that is: Trump doesn't hate Hispanics, he absolutely wants their support, AND he wants to reduce illegal immigration because he thinks it harms the country, including Hispanics who already are citizens.