270soft Forum
vcczar

Top 8 270soft Members by Content

9 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah but I don't know if Trump is a real factor here. BLM got already a second wave of attention when the racist shooting in South Carolina happened. Many agreed to remove Confederate symbols when this happened. I assume if Hillary Clinton was the president now, BLM would also get more attention. 

It was definetly Trump and his incredibly racist rhetoric and authoritarian posturing surrounding all the crimes against humanity he has committed and encouraged be committed against peaceful protesters for racial equality. He has given a face to organized racism and the American people are waking up to it.

10 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Like John Bolton I guess.  

Very much not like John Bolton. Much more like Justin Amash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

his incredibly racist rhetoric

Are you referring to his statements and positions on illegal immigration here? Or does it go further than that?

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Very much not like John Bolton. Much more like Justin Amash.

Oh, I didn't compare you to Bolton, I was just referring to right-wing opposition to Trump.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Are you referring to his statements and positions on illegal immigration here? Or does it go further than that?

It's not just his statements on illegal and legal immigration but also his full-throated embrace of "Law and Order" and the "All Lives Matter" crowd. Taking cues from segregationist police chiefs and his history of discrimination and atrocious racially charged actions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

It's not just his statements on illegal and legal immigration but also his full-throated embrace of "Law and Order" and the "All Lives Matter" crowd. Taking cues from segregationist police chiefs and his history of discrimination and atrocious racially charged actions.

Are you referring to any rhetoric on legal immigration here in particular?

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Are you referring to any rhetoric on legal immigration here in particular?

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a complete and total shut down from Muslims entering into the United States"

"We don't want somebody's uncle from Kenya, we want people from Norway and Sweden"

"We have all these shithole countries"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a complete and total shut down from Muslims entering into the United States"

"We don't want somebody's uncle from Kenya, we want people from Norway and Sweden"

"We have all these shithole countries"

Having a hard time sourcing that 2nd quote (the only one that sounds possibly racist of these 3, IMO). Do you have a link?

28 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I agree completely with that. Romney vs. Obama 2012 drew not as much attention as when Trump joined the political arena. This is a good thing honestly. It's good when people are more interested in politics. I was pretty uneducated in that field prior to the 2015 primaries myself, but I followed them already closely when Trump was not officially a part of it. 

Yeah but I don't know if Trump is a real factor here. BLM got already a second wave of attention when the racist shooting in South Carolina happened. Many agreed to remove Confederate symbols when this happened. I assume if Hillary Clinton was the president now, BLM would also get more attention. 

True!

Many politicians do that when talking to their supporters. I like it.

Like John Bolton I guess.  

and @Patine he is in some ways, but he's also mellowed out on a lot of social things. 

1 hour ago, Herbert Hoover said:

The forum was probably closer to center right when I first joined in 2016 still. A lot of the regular posters from that era have either left or shifted leftward. Remember Johnny K? @jvikings1 used to be a bit more active too but now he’s working and I believe has graduated college. @NYConservative was more active back then for sure, and @TheMiddlePolitical was an ardent Trump supporter at the time. 

I’m certain that as I get older I’ll be less active on here, but it’s been great to see how things have changed. Hell, I was only 15 when I started lurking on these forums, and I’m turning 21 soon. I remember coming to @vcczar several times in high school begging for college application advice 😛

I've actually become more active on this forum as I've gotten older, but it's come at the expense of avoiding all former forums I used to go on and a bunch of other internet socializing. I used this forum more than I use social media. 

I’m certain that as I get older I’ll be less active on here, but it’s been great to see how things have changed. Hell, I was only 15 when I started lurking on these forums, and I’m turning 21 soon. I remember coming to @vcczar several times in high school begging for college application advice 😛

Don't be so certain.  I joined when I was 23, and nobody noticed until I became a 20-times-a-day poster at the age of 36.  ;c)

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

"Law and Order" and the "All Lives Matter"

To be honest, I think both terms are legitimate and I had articulated the exact same position five years ago as well. Law and order are necessary components for a nation to continue to grow in a positive way. And of course all lives matter, this is the basis I act on. We are all equal, as long as we treat us with dignity. I respect everyone the same who respects me.

18 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

It was definetly Trump and his incredibly racist rhetoric and authoritarian posturing surrounding all the crimes against humanity he has committed and encouraged be committed against peaceful protesters for racial equality. He has given a face to organized racism and the American people are waking up to it.

I am all in for racial equality, but we also have to see the problem behind many forms of this protests. The protests have been largely hijacked by far-left, Antifa-followers who are engaging in violent riots and lootings while not respecting any authority like the police. This is a very dangerous fact I think.

Having a hard time sourcing that 2nd quote (the only one that sounds possibly racist of these 3, IMO). Do you have a link?

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until we can figure what the hell is going on here!"

That's pretty racially tinged even though it's islamophobic in substance. In America, islamophobia is often tied to the brownness of the adherent's skin.

But as for the second one Here is a good place to start. I'll need to find it elsewhere as far as the "uncle from Kenya" one but I know he remarked something about an uncle from Africa in the context of chain migration. Perhaps my brain merged two comments together. But we know he has a professed preference for white immigrants as opposed to black and brown ones.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I used this forum more than I use social media. 

Yeah social media is boring, I just keep the accounts to stay in touch with people. I don't care about posting my latest piece of cake I ate.

The forum was probably closer to center right when I first joined in 2016 still. A lot of the regular posters from that era have either left or shifted leftward. Remember Johnny K? @jvikings1 used to be a bit more active too but now he’s working and I believe has graduated college. @NYConservative was more active back then for sure, and @TheMiddlePolitical was an ardent Trump supporter at the time. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I've actually become more active on this forum as I've gotten older, but it's come at the expense of avoiding all former forums I used to go on and a bunch of other internet socializing. I used this forum more than I use social media. 

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Don't be so certain.  I joined when I was 23, and nobody noticed until I became a 20-times-a-day poster at the age of 36.  ;c)

I first signed onto these forums in my '30's, frankly. Of course, when I was 15, the Internet, as it was, had only several thousand users globally, required non-integral modems that blocked up your phoneline, made that horrid "Matrix," fax noise, took forever to connect, charged ridiculous long-distance fees, was ALL unifont text (usually green on a black background, also like in "the Matrix"), and there were no search engines or web addresses - you had to know the EXACT IP address you were connecting to. :P

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

To be honest, I think both terms are legitimate and I had articulated the exact same position five years ago as well. Law and order are necessary components for a nation to continue to grow in a positive way. And of course all lives matter, this is the basis I act on. We are all equal, as long as we treat us with dignity. I respect everyone the same who respects me.

Law and Order has been a dogwhistle in American politics for the past fifty years meaning "controlling the uppity blacks". That's exactly how he's using it too (see: Gassing of peaceful protesters)

All Lives cannot Matter until Black Lives Matter. To blow off the plight of Black Lives is to attempt to blow off a system which systematically devalues them and has for the past 400 years.

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I am all in for racial equality, but we also have to see the problem behind many forms of this protests. The protests have been largely hijacked by far-left, Antifa-followers who are engaging in violent riots and lootings while not respecting any authority like the police. This is a very dangerous fact I think.

That's actually not true. That's what Right Wing media wants you to see but the large majority of protests are peaceful. For the infrequent violent outbreak, there are certainly far-left agitators, but more often are they the far-right agitators from groups like the KKK which Trump has labeled "very fine people" and has refused to label a terror group even as they currently lynch black Americans today. 

Furthermore, even if it were true that protesters were turning violent, the root of this is systemic racism. The violence of these past few days can never equal the violence of the oppressor over the past 400 years. The Policing system in America needs to be rebuilt and reimagined because as it stands right now it is fundamentally racist in construction. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Antifa? You mean that bunch of young, malcontent, iconoclastic, overblown punks who are pretty much the same type of person as their "Mama's Basement," counterparts, the "Alt-Right," who are obstensibly differentiated by being ideological opposites (though even that is suspect). The fact that they're being given since attention and declared such serious threats shows how gullible and sensationalist people are getting.

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

That's pretty racially tinged even though it's islamophobic in substance.

Muslim isn't a racial category. It seems obvious to me Trump was deeply impacted by 9/11, probably being in sight of the twin towers when they were hit.

His proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigrants was motivated by alarm re radical forms of Islam and associated terrorism, not racial animus, IMHO.

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Law and Order has been a dogwhistle in American politics for the past fifty years meaning "controlling the uppity blacks". That's exactly how he's using it too (see: Gassing of peaceful protesters)

I have to admit I didn't know that. Where I live, it means simply what it says. There is no racial component in the saying here.

Muslim isn't a racial category. It seems obvious to me Trump was deeply impacted by 9/11, probably being in sight of the twin towers when they were hit.

His proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigrants was motivated by alarm re radical forms of Islam and associated terrorism, not racial animus, IMHO.

Notice none of those oil rich, despicable, absolute monarchy, "toxic ally," "tails wagging the dog," Persian Gulf Monarchies were on that list...

Just now, admin_270 said:

That makes sense actually. I guess he was so shaken up by it that his mind wasn't clear enough for him to think it up until 15 years AFTER 9/11 but sure.. let's hide behind 9/11 and let bigotry have a pass.

Jump in Republican losers, we're generalizing an entire religion and breaking the 1st amendment by imposing a religious test on taking the oath of citizenship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I have to admit I didn't know that. Where I live, it means simply what it says. There is no racial component in the saying here.

Not to mention quoting a Dixiecratic Police Chief in his intial response.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Not to mention quoting a Dixiecratic Police Chief in his intial response.

I thought all the remaining "Dixiecrats," jumped ship to the GOP, leaving only the "Moderate," Blue Dogs down there...

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I have to admit I didn't know that. Where I live, it means simply what it says.

'Dogwhistle' means it's a theory people like Reagan04 have. To most people in the U.S. who agree with it, it means what it says.