270soft Forum
vcczar

Top 8 270soft Members by Content

I thought this was interesting. Here's the top content providers:

1. @mantis 15,036 (hasn't been active since 2011---9 years reigning champion at the least)
  2. @Patine 13,757 (active leader)
  3. @vcczar 12,724 (Counting this post. I might have the highest content per day among those on here as I haven't been on as long as Patine and some of the others on this list. )
  4. @Actinguy 8,563 (huge drop off to #4, but he's rising fast with all the GMing he's doing)
  5. @HabsFan21 6,437 (inactive since 2014)
  6. @admin_270 5,879 
  7. @Reagan04 5,653 (Now he ponders how he wasted his youth. Just kidding.)
  8. @SaskGuy 5,603 (inactive since 2016)

@admin_270 Whatever happened to the Leader Board? That concept seems interesting for a forum. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I thought this was interesting. Here's the top content providers:

1. @mantis 15,036 (hasn't been active since 2011---9 years reigning champion at the least)
  2. @Patine 13,757 (active leader)
  3. @vcczar 12,724 (Counting this post. I might have the highest content per day among those on here as I haven't been on as long as Patine and some of the others on this list. )
  4. @Actinguy 8,563 (huge drop off to #4, but he's rising fast with all the GMing he's doing)
  5. @HabsFan21 6,437 (inactive since 2014)
  6. @admin_270 5,879 
  7. @Reagan04 5,653 (Now he ponders how he wasted his youth. Just kidding.)
  8. @SaskGuy 5,603 (inactive since 2016)

@admin_270 Whatever happened to the Leader Board? That concept seems interesting for a forum. 

And @admin_270 is number 6 on his own forum. :P

• Confused 1

Just now, Patine said:

And @admin_270 is number 6 on his own forum. :P

Not for long! I am hot on his tail!

• Haha 1

Just now, admin_270 said:

Quantity is not quality. 😉

"Quantity has a quality all it's own."

-Josef Stalin

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

What's that?

At least on my screen, at the top left, I show a browse, activity, and leaderboard tab. When I click on leaderboard, it shows some sort of reputation system, which predates me. However, some still have this reputation. For instance, you have 82 reputation points and Patine has 35. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, vcczar said:

At least on my screen, at the top left, I show a browse, activity, and leaderboard tab. When I click on leaderboard, it shows some sort of reputation system, which predates me. However, some still have this reputation. For instance, you have 82 reputation points and Patine has 35. 

For some reason - it was turned off, probably because of an update along the way.

Added Upvote, Thanks, Haha, and Confused reactions. First 3 give +1 to reputation. 👍

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, admin_270 said:

For some reason - it was turned off, probably because of an update along the way.

Added Upvote, Thanks, Haha, and Confused reactions. First 3 give +1 to reputation. 👍

This is great because we can show that we've read a post without having to actually respond with a typed comment. 

• Upvote 3

Ha!  I first joined the board in 2007 but didn't start spending much time here until last year when I discovered @vcczar's 2020 forum game.  That led to him introducing me to the board game Founding Fathers and then his own historical game in the works, and me GMing both of them multiple times, probably posting a ton of game updates multiple times per day in total between all the games.  So even though I've been here since 2007, probably 90% of these posts have been in the past year.  haha.

Mantis is still reigning supreme 9 years after he left us.  He must have been posting 100 things a day. ;c)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This is great because we can show that we've read a post without having to actually respond with a typed comment. 

Oh yeah I love that actually!

18 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ha!  I first joined the board in 2007 but didn't start spending much time here until last year when I discovered @vcczar's 2020 forum game.  That led to him introducing me to the board game Founding Fathers and then his own historical game in the works, and me GMing both of them multiple times, probably posting a ton of game updates multiple times per day in total between all the games.  So even though I've been here since 2007, probably 90% of these posts have been in the past year.  haha.

Mantis is still reigning supreme 9 years after he left us.  He must have been posting 100 things a day. ;c)

I have no knowledge of any of the inactive people in the top 8. 

That 2 years of being semi absent really hurt me ;) 

I feel like we are a tight nit forum, almost as if everyone knows everyone, I do wonder who use to be the @Patine, or the @vcczar. (Since you two are probably the most well-known I'd say). in the early-late 2000's, and since our forums ideology certain leans left now, I do wonder if it was always like that. 

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I feel like we are a tight nit forum, almost as if everyone knows everyone, I do wonder who use to be the @Patine, or the @vcczar. (Since you two are probably the most well-known I'd say. in the early-late 2000's, and since our forums ideology certain leans left now, I do wonder if it was always like that. 

I also post frequently on the CivFanatics forums (under the same handle name), which is NOT run or formally regulated by the makers of any "civ-style," games (though a few Firaxis - the makers of Civ3 to Civ6, Alpha Centauri, Beyond Earth, the later X-Com's and the remake of Colonization, after Sid Meier and Brian Reynalds, the creators of the Civ franchise, left MPS and founded their own company) do occasionally chime in with things the company allows them to publicly say - has a MUCH bigger community, divided into sub-forums for each Civ iteration (1-6), the other games I've mentioned, some old MPS, and some "civ-style," TBS created by other companies, and a VERY robust (and often volatile and rowdy) off-topic sub-forum. Probably around 1000 or so unique accounts, on average, will log into and out of that forum in any given day. It is VERY MUCH a "small town-big city," kind of difference, by feel.

4 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I feel like we are a tight nit forum, almost as if everyone knows everyone, I do wonder who use to be the @Patine, or the @vcczar. (Since you two are probably the most well-known I'd say. in the early-late 2000's, and since our forums ideology certain leans left now, I do wonder if it was always like that. 

In 2012, when I started posting in the forum, I'd say the forum was mostly center-right. It's now Left to Far-Left, but probably left. There were a lot more people in line with @Reagan04 and @Conservative Elector 2. However, @Reagan04 and @Actinguy and probably others have moved a little more left since Trump. Those already on the left, probably moved further left with Trump. Some Conservatives are less active, such as @jvikings1 @ThePotatoWalrus @servo75 than they used to be. I think Bernie Sanders has helped in getting left-wing people more socially active online, and I think that probably might account to some of the change, but I think Trump has sort of created a global forum on politics that didn't exist as prominently before. He's sort of unwittingly pushed America to the left in several areas. You have people supporting Black Lives Matter that weren't earlier in his term, for instance. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I feel like we are a tight nit forum, almost as if everyone knows everyone, I do wonder who use to be the @Patine, or the @vcczar. (Since you two are probably the most well-known I'd say). in the early-late 2000's, and since our forums ideology certain leans left now, I do wonder if it was always like that. 

My memory from roughly 2010 is that the forum was strictly for talking about the game -- there wasn't actually much real world discussion going on, and therefore the forums were mostly dead other than scenario updates, etc.

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

My memory from roughly 2010 is that the forum was strictly for talking about the game -- there wasn't actually much real world discussion going on, and therefore the forums were mostly dead other than scenario updates, etc.

I'll be entirely honest, I had no idea that you were from 2007 until this now, I went to your profile and this gap, on page 305/307 of your activity, just jumped out at me.

image.thumb.png.2f78b5ae07be7a9aa13389948fea16b8.png

4 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I feel like @admin_270 use to police the forum majorly for things being off topic other than the game even 2-3 years ago, I am glad he let up ;) 

Imagine just joining a couple years ago...right? lol. I love the leaderboard, it's interesting to look at.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I'll be entirely honest, I had no idea that you were from 2007 until this now, I went to your profile and this gap, on page 305/307 of your activity, just jumped out at me.

image.thumb.png.2f78b5ae07be7a9aa13389948fea16b8.png

Ha!  This is hilarious.  So truly more than 99% of my comments have been since January of 2019, and that one was in response to @vcczar who got me to stick around with all of his side games.  

Makes sense that I'd reappear whenever there was a new Presidential election going on, since interest in President Forever/Infinity would be rejuvenated, yet I was apparently missing entirely during the 2016 election.

Also, 8 years later, my usual "Greetings, super friends!" has evolved to "Hi, friends!"  In my job as hospital spokesman, I communicate with staff, patients, members of Congress -- and in each email (to more than one person), I always start with "Hi, friends!". I don't know why -- I feel like it's disarming and makes people less likely to respond with anger, but I also felt John McCain constantly addressing crowds of people with "friends..." was super insincere.  So who knows.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

In 2012, when I started posting in the forum, I'd say the forum was mostly center-right. It's now Left to Far-Left, but probably left. There were a lot more people in line with @Reagan04 and @Conservative Elector 2. However, @Reagan04 and @Actinguy and probably others have moved a little more left since Trump. Those already on the left, probably moved further left with Trump. Some Conservatives are less active, such as @jvikings1 @ThePotatoWalrus @servo75 than they used to be. I think Bernie Sanders has helped in getting left-wing people more socially active online, and I think that probably might account to some of the change, but I think Trump has sort of created a global forum on politics that didn't exist as prominently before. He's sort of unwittingly pushed America to the left in several areas. You have people supporting Black Lives Matter that weren't earlier in his term, for instance. 

I believe that @Reagan04 considers himself to the right of Trump in his opposition of him, as far as I've gathered. Donald Trump isn't very right-wing as a political leader, despite him being put in a portrayal as being "iconically right-wing," and the "new definition of the right-wing," by many JUST because he was elected U.S. President on a Republican ticket, and that being the major reason.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

The forum was probably closer to center right when I first joined in 2016 still. A lot of the regular posters from that era have either left or shifted leftward. Remember Johnny K? @jvikings1 used to be a bit more active too but now he’s working and I believe has graduated college. @NYConservative was more active back then for sure, and @TheMiddlePolitical was an ardent Trump supporter at the time. 

I’m certain that as I get older I’ll be less active on here, but it’s been great to see how things have changed. Hell, I was only 15 when I started lurking on these forums, and I’m turning 21 soon. I remember coming to @vcczar several times in high school begging for college application advice 😛

51 minutes ago, Patine said:

I believe that @Reagan04 considers himself to the right of Trump in his opposition of him, as far as I've gathered. Donald Trump isn't very right-wing as a political leader, despite him being put in a portrayal as being "iconically right-wing," and the "new definition of the right-wing," by many JUST because he was elected U.S. President on a Republican ticket, and that being the major reason.

I, like you, am not so sure the traditional left-right spectrum really does anyone justice on an x axis. Adding a y axis helps describe it a lot more. I do consider myself a Conservative Libertarian and oppose Trump not just for his personal incompetence or racism and sexism which seeps into his administration but because on top of this all he really has positioned himself as liberty's greatest threat in the United States so long as he holds the Oval Office.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I think Trump has sort of created a global forum on politics that didn't exist as prominently before.

I agree completely with that. Romney vs. Obama 2012 drew not as much attention as when Trump joined the political arena. This is a good thing honestly. It's good when people are more interested in politics. I was pretty uneducated in that field prior to the 2015 primaries myself, but I followed them already closely when Trump was not officially a part of it. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

You have people supporting Black Lives Matter that weren't earlier in his term, for instance. 

Yeah but I don't know if Trump is a real factor here. BLM got already a second wave of attention when the racist shooting in South Carolina happened. Many agreed to remove Confederate symbols when this happened. I assume if Hillary Clinton was the president now, BLM would also get more attention. 

1 hour ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I feel like @admin_270 use to police the forum majorly for things being off topic other than the game even 2-3 years ago, I am glad he let up ;) 

True!

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

I always start with "Hi, friends!". I don't know why -- I feel like it's disarming and makes people less likely to respond with anger, but I also felt John McCain constantly addressing crowds of people with "friends..." was super insincere.  So who knows.

Many politicians do that when talking to their supporters. I like it.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I believe that @Reagan04 considers himself to the right of Trump in his opposition of him, as far as I've gathered.

Like John Bolton I guess.