270soft Forum
vcczar

Impeachment Poll

Impeachment Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. According to John Bolton, Trump refused to release military aid to Ukraine until Ukraine investigated Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. Is this an impeachable offense?

2. 2. Is the above serious enough for conviction and removal of the president?

3. 3. Did you support the 2019-2020 impeachment efforts by Democrats?

4. 4. Would you now support impeachment if impeachment efforts were relaunched?

5. 5. John Bolton also stated that he, Sec. Pompeo, and Sec. Esper tried to get Trump to release the aid about 10 times and Trump refused. Do you trust John Bolton will be honest about Trump in his upcoming book?

• I trust John Bolton
    • I trust Donald Trump
    • I do not trust either one of them, but I trust Bolton is probably right about Trump's impeachable offenses (Bolton will allude to several, supposedly)
    • I am very cautious about Bolton, but I lean towards trusting Bolton on this, considering it seems like something Trump would instinctively do.
    • Other.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

However, I wouldn't put it passed him to do several vengeful acts in retaliation in the two months after he's been defeated by President-Elect Biden

This is something I can perhaps believe, given Trump seems to strongly believe in 'an eye for an eye' - especially after what the Obama administration did to Trump's campaign and incoming administration.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Not following you here. According to the person making the claim, there was a 'crack' sound, which simply indicates a certain kind of sound. It doesn't indicate a fracture.

A cracking sound generally involves some sort of break; nevertheless, an adult Donald Trump beaned a 7-year-old child in the head with a full-force throw. Trump's best defense would be that he's just really inaccurate and has no arm control. His best defense for that excuse would be that he's the first president to routinely turn down throwing the first pitch at baseball games. He doesn't want to embarrass himself. Regardless, he'd get boo'd. He's the first president in 109 years not to throw out a first pitch. 

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

what the Obama administration did to Trump's campaign and incoming administration.

What was this?

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

To avoid this possibility, the Dems would have to get him removed from office before the election.

The only way they could do that is with lethal force.

Just now, vcczar said:

What was this?

Surveillance of Carter Page, handling of Russian counter-intelligence operation re Trump campaign, and setting in motion what led to the entrapment of Gen. Flynn.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Surveillance of Carter Page, handling of Russian counter-intelligence operation re Trump campaign, and setting in motion what led to the entrapment of Gen. Flynn.

The warrant to surveil Carter Page was issued in 2014, before Trump hired him. So it was already something ongoing. Trump was just an idiot for hiring him. 

As for the rest, was is Obama supposed to do when the CIA and National Intelliegence Director informs him that the Russians are interfereing in the election? Worringly, Trump had several people--not just Page---that had connections with the Russians. President Obama was doing his job. To be fair, Obama had Comey brief President-Elect Trump on this as well. 

Obama's actions seemed rather presidential-routine. I could see any pre-Trump president acting similarly. I'm happy to look at any links/sources you have that could attempt to convince me otherwise. 

33 minutes ago, vcczar said:

He can't just blow up the White House. However, I wouldn't put it passed him to do several vengeful acts in retaliation in the two months after he's been defeated by President-Elect Biden, either to make it harder for Biden to do his job or perhaps something that's less obstructionist and more childish, like soil the oval office or something. 

Like how people in the Clinton administration stole all the W's?

36 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Because if there's a solid case against him, it'll likely end with him snapping and blowing up the White House or something.

With what? He's not known to carry explosives on him, or have any skill in demolitions - not even the make-shift skill "terrorists," and such use. He's certainly no MacGuyver.

29 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

This is something I can perhaps believe, given Trump seems to strongly believe in 'an eye for an eye' - especially after what the Obama administration did to Trump's campaign and incoming administration.

An eye-for-an-eye leaves the whole world blind, and is one of many despicable mentalities still somehow considered legitimate and valid by many. It is a path to justify to atrocity and sociopathy and somehow being just and having a place in civilized society and not amongst barbarians.

6 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Like how people in the Clinton administration stole all the W's?

I'm confused by this reference.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm confused by this reference.

They took the W's off of some of the keyboards. You know President George W. Bush. Can't type it properly without the W key.

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

With what? He's not known to carry explosives on him, or have any skill in demolitions - not even the make-shift skill "terrorists," and such use. He's certainly no MacGuyver.

So? He can get someone else to do it for him.

1 minute ago, Wiw said:

So? He can get someone else to do it for him.

He may have sycophants around him, but how many are willing to face charges of TERRORISM after Biden is sworn in just to help their former boss commit an act of spite? Honestly? Think about this...

Alright, this thread is just going full blown crazy.

22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

President Obama was doing his job.

That might be the case. The question is how does Trump view it? It's pretty clear he views events as implicating not just parts of the Obama administration, but Obama himself, in actions designed to damage Trump's administration or even remove Trump from office.

And remember, Biden was a central part of the Obama administration. It's not a generic partisan tit-for-tat situation.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

That might be the case. The question is how does Trump view it? It's pretty clear he views events as implicating not just parts of the Obama administration, but Obama himself, in actions designed to damage Trump's administration or even remove Trump from office.

Trump's point-of-view on EVERYTHING is highly suspect and dubious, and must be taken with a whole mine of salt, for any truth, credibility, or rationality. You put too much value in what Trump, and devalue what everyone else thinks about him. You have been hoodwinked! Deceived! Played for a fool! Just like 62,984,828 American voters in 2016. So gullible...

27 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The warrant to surveil Carter Page was issued in 2014

Correct but misleading. The relevant FISA surveillance warrant was in October 2016, after Page had worked for the Trump campaign. It was this FISA application which was found to contain various errors and relevant omissions by the IG.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Trump's point-of-view on EVERYTHING is highly suspect and dubious, and must be taken with a whole mine of salt, for any truth, credibility, or rationality. You put too much value in what Trump, and devalue what everyone else thinks about him. You have been hoodwinked! Deceived! Played for a fool! Just like 62,984,828 American voters in 2016. So gullible...

46b9f79.jpg

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Trump's point-of-view on EVERYTHING is highly suspect and dubious

That might be so, but *he's* the one who will be in office from Nov.-Jan., after the elections. It's his beliefs regarding this that matter, vis a vis any attempt to undermine an incoming administration.

9 hours ago, vcczar said:

He can't just blow up the White House. However, I wouldn't put it passed him to do several vengeful acts in retaliation in the two months after he's been defeated by President-Elect Biden, either to make it harder for Biden to do his job or perhaps something that's less obstructionist and more childish, like soil the oval office or something. 

Got it! He'll frame him for electoral fraud! He'll bring a dodgy dossier to court and try to have the election voided.