• Ford
    • Carter
    • Reagan
    • Bush I
    • Clinton
    • Bush II
    • Obama
    • Trump

Inspired from this 2018 Poll: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2526

Net Positive/Negative:

• Reagan +26
  • Kennedy +9
  • Clinton +6
  • Obama +3
  • Eisenhower +3
  • Truman +2
  • Johnson +/- 0
  • Bush I +/- 0
  • Ford +/- 0
  • Carter -5
  • Bush II -5
  • Nixon -9
  • Trump -34

I was conflicted over Obama and LBJ on the first one. I think LBJ's domestic policy is either the greatest or 2nd greatest domestic policy in presidential history. His horrid Vietnam War, while awful, will sadly fade from memory. His domestic policy will likely last forever, so long as America still exists. 

Vietnam is already fading in importance.  In 50 years it will have about as much meaning as the Spanish-American was does to us today.

Eisenhower wins the best. He built the damn highways. 

Bush II is the worst. Iraq, Patriot Act, general foreign policy.

Eisenhower's failure to denounce Joe McCarthy knocks him out of the running for best, IMO.  He also surrounded himself with a corrupt staff.  His Chief of Staff had to resign in a bribery scandal.

1 hour ago, pilight said:

Eisenhower's failure to denounce Joe McCarthy knocks him out of the running for best, IMO.  He also surrounded himself with a corrupt staff.  His Chief of Staff had to resign in a bribery scandal.

There was that, there was Operation Wetback, and there was a lot of CIA stuff. He's the first president to intervene to overthrow a democratically-elected head of state in another country.

7 hours ago, vcczar said:

There was that, there was Operation Wetback, and there was a lot of CIA stuff. He's the first president to intervene to overthrow a democratically-elected head of state in another country.

yEaH, bUt hE wAs a dAMn cOmMiE!

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

I doubt he was the first.  For example, the Pierce administration provided some support to William Walker's Nicaragua filibuster (until Walker voided Cornelius Vanderbilt's shipping contracts).

1 minute ago, pilight said:

I doubt he was the first.  For example, the Pierce administration provided some support to William Walker's Nicaragua filibuster (until Walker voided Cornelius Vanderbilt's shipping contracts).

That's not really the same thing. He recognized the government; he didn't authorize military forces to sneak in and take part in toppling over the government. I can see an argument for a precedents, but Eisenhower was the first to do so as a matter of national policy. 

3 hours ago, NYConservative said:

yEaH, bUt hE wAs a dAMn cOmMiE!

The strategy of the whole twisted, warped, sociopathic, criminal proxy state system of the U.S. during the Cold War was replacing Communist leaders with leaders who were at least as monstrous and bloody-handed, but a stated "anti-Communist." Neither East or West Bloc wanted these Third World Nations to be allowed to choose their own leaders. The Cold War was nothing but a vile dirty war, a moral cesspool with no higher ground, that produced tonnes of high criminals of the worst sort from both sides.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

The strategy of the whole twisted, warped, sociopathic, criminal proxy state system of the U.S. during the Cold War was replacing Communist leaders with leaders who were at least as monstrous and bloody-handed, but a stated "anti-Communist." Neither East or West Bloc wanted these Third World Nations to be allowed to choose their own leaders. The Cold War was nothing but a vile dirty war, a moral cesspool with no higher ground, that produced tonnes of high criminals of the worst sort from both sides.

sounds like 90% of all wars that don't have major conflict but have 2+ major superpowers on different sides.
also im not sure if you just felt like ranting or something but that wasnt even close to the point

15 minutes ago, NYConservative said:

sounds like 90% of all wars that don't have major conflict but have 2+ major superpowers on different sides.
also im not sure if you just felt like ranting or something but that wasnt even close to the point

Look, wise-ass. The difference is between you and me is that I genuinely BELIEVE what I say, however unpopular it is with many, and however many inconvenient truths and long-ingrained flaws in the broader broken system I point out that many want to brush under the carpet and not address, despite these mounting issues slowly killing modern civilization like a growing cancer. You are a cynic with a supposed sense of humour that constantly falls whose "ideology," who is just parroting rapacious, soulless, corrupt, and unaccountable high criminals and traitors to their nation, people, and Constitution who don't even give a damn about you and have no intention of personally rewarding your sycophantry.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Look, wise-ass. The difference is between you and me is that I genuinely BELIEVE what I say, however unpopular it is with many, and however many inconvenient truths and long-ingrained flaws in the broader broken system I point out that many want to brush under the carpet and not address, despite these mounting issues slowly killing modern civilization like a growing cancer. You are a cynic with a supposed sense of humour that constantly falls whose "ideology," who is just parroting rapacious, soulless, corrupt, and unaccountable high criminals and traitors to their nation, people, and Constitution who don't even give a damn about you and have no intention of personally rewarding your sycophantry.

damn, someone can't take clearly sarcastic text. im not parroting shit when im joking or when im real and if you really wanna say the same shit 50% of Twitter does then so be it, and until then i'll laugh at your lack of awareness 

Really was close to going for LBJ, but his foreign policy I couldn't. 

53 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Really was close to going for LBJ, but his foreign policy I couldn't. 

So instead of the guy who expanded one pointless war, you voted for a guy who expanded two...

1 minute ago, pilight said:

So instead of the guy who expanded one pointless war, you voted for a guy who expanded two...

I think the historical and personality aspect of Obama puts him over the edge in this equation.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:45 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I think the historical and personality aspect of Obama puts him over the edge in this equation.

There's not only @pilight's point, but Obama also faithfully carried on Bush's treasonous and Unconstitutional attack on due process and the Bill of Rights, and several fundamentals upon which the U.S. was built as a nation, that was the (un)Patriot Act, including the barbaric and high criminal, by it's existence, torture and detention camp worthy of Third World tinpot despots and Cold War Communist regimes that was Guantanamo Bay, and opened several other such "Black Sites," increased the war crime that was drone attacks in frequency, and declared Edward Snowden a criminal for just revealing to the American people high crimes of breach of trust, violation of Constitutional rights, and sedition committed by their own government against them with their own embezzled taxpayers' money.