270soft Forum

I am currently making a scenario for the 2009 Japanese general election, where the dominant Liberal Democratic Party lost for just the second time since its inception in the 1950s. Does anyone who knows more about Japanese politics have ideas for what issues to use? I plan on using corruption, nuclear power, free trade, foreign policy, relations with North Korea, and higher education but would like to add more. Please let me know!

1 hour ago, lolandrewlmao said:

I am currently making a scenario for the 2009 Japanese general election, where the dominant Liberal Democratic Party lost for just the second time since its inception in the 1950s. Does anyone who knows more about Japanese politics have ideas for what issues to use? I plan on using corruption, nuclear power, free trade, foreign policy, relations with North Korea, and higher education but would like to add more. Please let me know!

I actually have a half-done scenario for this election from quite a few years ago that's on the docket to finish from my many half-finished scenarios, which works by K4E, a game engine that actually represents the electoral system of post-WW2 Japan (I despair that it is becoming common place to do MMP election scenarios by PMI with FPTP, despite the highly distorted and inaccurate results - grossly so - because no MMP game election or option exists for PMI, and the older K4E engine is a bit awkward to work with for newer users - but I don't blame the current game designers, I fully blame @admin_270, for rightfully so, for showing such apathy and disdain, and refusal to commit to any to any ETA for the development of a game design and scenario option that would greatly expand his game line - as the vast majority of meaningful, free-and-fair (more or less) elections in the world today are NOT FPTP, Presidential, and the one-nation-peculiar Australian, which are collectively a minority. And although his Apple port is an understandable priority, all of his other priorities that seem to be highly above bringing MPP, PR, STV, and other electoral systems to the game absolutely baffle me).