270soft Forum
Mr.Blood

2020 Parliamentarian US Election RP Poll

Low Player Effort 2020 Parliamentarian US Election RP Poll(Full Info In Comments)  

15 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do You Have The Time And Interest To Participate In a 2020 US Election RP, In Which The US Has Transitioned To A Proportional Parliamentarian System?

• Yes, I have the time and interest to play.
    • I may have the time and interest to play.
    • No, I have not the time, or perhaps the interest, to participate.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2020 at 02:00 PM

Kudos to the republicans for getting totally raped and still staying in first place.

(I'm sorry I hacve to deal with a personal matter, won;t be able to go into depth today)

Republican Party

1. Trump campaigns in Dubuque, IA, talking about how many jobs he's brought back, and what the Democrats would do to farmers if they formed a majority(hint, it's bad),

2. Ben Carson visits Alabama University to hold a rally about America, about freedom, and about what America stands for, and how the GOP protects America's values,

"America, it was built on freedom it stands by freedom. Our constitution, our government was built on the principle that man should be free to make his own decisions, that he should be free. But the Democrats are putting it at risk, they are tearing down our history. They want to take away our right to bear arms, take away our right to live, take away our freedom of speech. Will you stand by me, stand by the Republican Party in preserving America, keeping America great"

3. Mike Pence travels to Green Bay, WA, to talk about the 21st century, how in order to create jobs, promote free trade, we need to embrace mega corporations instead of scaring them away to other countries like the Democrats will,
"Democrats are going to scare away megacorporations say they don't pay enough taxes. They pay enough taxes all right, but the Democrats all wants everyone to pay more. They are the reason our jobs are heading to China, the only party willing to fight for your jobs is the GOP"

38 minutes ago, BetOnBeto said:

3. Mike Pence travels to Green Bay, WA

Scandal 😛 

As a note, we are still holding the turn I started yesterday, so if you already posted your events, you are off today.

2 hours ago, Mr.Blood said:

As a note, we are still holding the turn I started yesterday, so if you already posted your events, you are off today.

I edited the one I did yesterday since I had time, just be aware.

As a note, I am extremely busy today, so the current turn we are on is being extended another day.

Just because @Edouard is still MIA for this turn, I will delay it for another day, or at least until Edouard responds, and I have the time for polling. 

17 hours ago, Mr.Blood said:

Just because @Edouard is still MIA for this turn, I will delay it for another day, or at least until Edouard responds, and I have the time for polling. 

(Thank you !)

Andrew Cuomo reveals covid-19 national plan :

https://s.france24.com/media/display/34bd4c50-7e5c-11ea-8886-005056bf87d6/w:1240/p:16x9/Cuomo%20-NEW-YORK(1).webp

First of all I need to recall the 5 BARRIER GESTURES :
To curb the coronavirus
1 PREVENTION Stay at home
2 ELBOW. Cough in
3 FACE Avoid touching it
4 DISTANCES. Keep them
5 HANDS. Wash them often

I am officially announcing that the state of New York will make the wearing of a mask mandatory for public transportation and meetings of more than 10 people until September, and the Democratic Party is committed to trying to extend this measure national.

2 : Andrew Cuomo talks about promoting assault-weapon ban

https://media.ouest-france.fr/v1/pictures/MjAxOTEyNmJhN2YzMjRiYWUyYWRkZjgzYTdmM2I2OTg2NGY1NDI?width=480&height=270&focuspoint=70%2C30&cropresize=1&client_id=bpeditorial&sign=8e5d91fa9894780cebd2cfcb6304966d5ded442ac7615c55441f7f8e579a8f85

From Colombine and Orlando to Las Vegas and Parkland, we have seen what weapons, and in particular semi-automatic weapons, produce. Yes, the second amendment must be defended, but not at the cost of respect for life. Semi-automatic weapons are not used for personal defense, they kill more than ten thousand victims each year in the United States.

The Democratic Party also wants to strengthen psychological controls to ensure that no unbalanced person becomes the owner of a weapon. These controls must be of quality so as not to harm the second amendment, without giving up fighting against the shootings.

3. Andrew Cuomo about the Paris' Agreement

New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic ...

When Trump took us back from the Paris' agreement, the governors of several U.S. states formed the United States Climate Alliance to continue to advance the objectives of the Paris Agreement at the state level despite the federal withdrawal. 

To quote the words of David Suzuki "Trump just passed on the best deal the planet has ever seen"

Our former President Bill Clinton was right "Walking away from Paris treaty is a mistake. Climate change is real. We owe our children more. Protecting our future also creates more jobs."

It is urgent not only that the country returns to the Paris agreement, but also that we become the world leader in climate. The Democratic Party wishes to lead a progressive coalition to this end.

Since I got time, I’m gonna update my events since I initially was pretty brief with them

Event 1: Olympia Snowe holds rallies in New England on partnership with republic’s defenders.

In my many years in the senate, I have learned that nothing is more important than cooperation. Without the ability to work together and compromise, words and ideas are nothing more than empty air. This is why I chose to join the republic’s defenders. They understand the true meaning of a republican. Not someone who shuts the government down to force their legislation through, but someone who will work hard to make everyone happy.

When democrats and republicans lock heads, America suffers. Let’s stop the bleeding. Vote Unity Party.

Event 2: Olympia Snowe runs an ad campaign in New York on Cuomo’s statements.

I agree with the governor’s statement on how we can reduce infections through personal hygiene. I also agree that limiting public gatherings and mandating mask wearing will go a long way to helping curb the spread in urban areas.

However, we must think long and hard before we give executive power to enforce a nationwide  shutdown. Even if Cuomo has good intentions, enforcing mask wearing and limiting public gatherings by force will require infringing on personal liberties.

When you give away freedom, it’s not as easy to get it back as you may think. Think hard, America.

Event 3: Olympia Snowe does an interview on a major TV network, criticizing corruption in government

We recently had a few senators sell their stocks before this pandemic, while at the same time telling their voters there was nothing to be concerned about. This sort of behavior is unacceptable, and I fully condemn it.

Corruption in times of crisis is despicable, and we should all work to stop it with truth. That is why I have pledged to disclose all funding my campaign receives, and why I have been fully transparent about my views. 

America has suffered long enough from two-faced and corrupt representatives. Vote for the truth. Vote unity.

I will have polling out sometime today, and you all can start your events for the next turn.

Event 1: Party runs a TV ad across the States of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Tennessee.

The TV Ad covers the platform of the Party, as well as images of the three major campaigners within the Party: B. Lee, Scott, and Cruz. 

Highlights under B. Lee: Constitutional Freedoms, A Return to Normalcy, Community

Highlights under Scott: Equality, Education, Employment

Highlights under Cruz: Second Amendment Rights, Lower Taxes, Lower Debt

Event 2: Cruz Barnstorms across Southwest Texas to work towards gaining latino support.

Stop 1: "One of the main things we disagree with the Republicans with is how we treat immigration. We shouldn't be tearing apart families, or doing any of the other inhumane things we do to people who illegally cross the border. This is not what God would want, and I know how much God means to us all here. I may not be a Catholic, but I am a firm believer in God just like you all."

Stop 2: "The idea that people are judged by their culture and country of origin is just as horrid as the systematic racism our country is still dragging itself out of. A big push our party has made this campaign is to reach out to all people, regardless of any of these qualities. We need equal opportunities for everyone, its only fair."

Stop 3: "America was founded by immigrants, and my family is a bunch of them. We need to expand legal immigration, so that we can give opportunities to more people to live in the largest Democracy on Earth."

Event 3: Mike Lee (Not Bill Lee) Joins the Campaign, connecting Mormons to the Campaign.

"The True Conservatives represents the values us Mormons hold true: not only are they compatible with our religious values, but they understand what it means to respect tradition and culture. We live in a society right now that is splitting away from God, something that is honestly just awful. I can understand those that feel no connection to God, and can respect their decisions, but moving away from God will only lead to communities falling apart. Do you see groups of atheists conglomerating together as a community every Sunday to bond over values the community holds true? No! What we need to do is help America go back to having values, values of which have been under attack by many people and many administrations for decades."

I am sorry that I was unable to put polling out today. I was busier than expected, but you may continue posting your events for the next turn tomorrow, and I will have polling out tomorrow afternoon/evening. 

Okay, everyone, with today ending, I am now free from tight schedules for the foreseeable future. Polling will now arrive on a regular schedule, and I will have polling for our last turn out soon. 

On 5/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, Kingthero said:

Another busy day for me...

EDIT: Gonna add stuff to the events now that I got some time.

Event 1: Lee campaigns in Pennsylvania on Religious Freedom.

"Pennsylvania was founded on religious freedom, something that the Quakers established as a human right. Although politically diverse, Pennsylvania has always been open and free about their social freedoms. People deserve to be treated equally, and religious freedom is a big part of that. We need to get over the animosity towards other religions developed during the War on Terror, and instead focus the effort on uniting our people domestically. Funds spent oversees to obstruct religious freedom is clearly a violation of American values, and we shall not stand for that."

Event 2: Scott moves forward the minority campaign into Mississippi.

"Mississippi was what was considered the "deepest south you can get", especially before the civil rights acts passed. People that looked like me were judged as subhuman at levels comparable to the undesirables in Nazi Germany. We have moved forward since then however, and have healed not only as a State, but as a Country. We have been making heavy strides this campaign to reach out to minorities across the United States not only because we understand the issues that they face every day, but because we are making a strong effort to change our nation's outlook on racism. Equality is a value that nearly everyone wishes true, but view actually practice without any bias whatsoever. We need to end any programs leftover from the past that discriminate, and following that, we need to implement programs to attack income inequality, especially those among minorities. Together, as a community, we can make the lives of our neighbors who are not as fortunate as us better through respect, charity, and honest living.

Event 3: Cruz goes back to Texas to host a pie eating competition fundraiser in honor of being pied.

Cruz and his staff prepare a pie eating competition in honor of being pied earlier in the campaign. After cracking a few jokes with the crowd, and giving a stump speech about the party's values, the competition begins. Cruz himself participates, making it within the top ten, losing to a bunch of young middle aged males resembling the average American. "The average American" Cruz later says, "Represents the soul of this nation. We come together not only to better our own interests, but to have fun, together. Our campaign is much more than politics: it is about our honest, God-given, reality. We see someone down, and many of us are naturally inclined to give a helping hand to each other. Our campaign wants to match that humanity! We honestly believe that we can remove much of the hate from politics, and return to a place where, although we may disagree on policy, every American can feel at home in a country that loves them with open arms." Cruz, after giving a good speech, finished the event by taking another pie to the face, but this one was on purpose, as the winner of the pie eating contest got to choose who to pie, and who would not want to have fun by pieing a politician?

Event 1: Effort Grade: 10  D10 Roll: 9  Total Score: 19 An effect roll of 7 causes the event to go viral! The True Conservatives appear to be eating into the support of the Republicans in the Midwest.

Event 2: Effort Grade: 10  D10 Roll: 5  Total Score: 15 A strong reception helps to continue turning the True Conservatives into the Minority-Friendly member of the Republican Coalition.

Event 3: Effort Grade: 10  D10 Roll:  6  Total Score: 16 Many find the Pie Eating competition to be a fun, yet heartfelt, venture by Cruz, and some in the media spread the fun story. A strong week.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, Hestia11 said:

Finals studying day, so sorry about this

1. Porter campaigns across Sacramento, highlighting health care policies of the CNP

2. Porter blasts the DSA in Los Angeles as insufficiently powerful to defend Californian interests at a national scale

3. Porter barnstorms Northern Cali

Event 1: Effort Grade: 5(I will be easy on you, especially because you gave a valid excuse, an excuse I know all too well :))  

D10 Roll: 8  Total Score: 13 Many find Californian healthcare to be an issue ignored by Washington.

Event 2: Effort Grade: 5   D10 Roll: 1  Total Score: 6 The attack is ineffective, and even helps the DSA slightly.

Event 3: Effort Grade: 5   D10 Roll: 5  Total Score: 10 Everything, is average. Overall, an okay week.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:11 PM, BetOnBeto said:

Republican Party

Nikki Haley campaigns alongside Lindsey Graham aacross South Carolina, showing the true power of South Carolina, a sort of Latino woman and the melting ice cream that is Lindsey Graham,

Lindsey Graham holds a rally at Clemson University, audience prays he makes sense for once,

"Hello South Carolina, my my what it feels like to be in the best economy of my life! If you back the Republican Party, you are backing limitless opportunities, with a strong economy, very low unemployment, who know what America is capable of!"
(1/3)

At a rally in Jacksonville, Governor Ron DeSantis praises Trump and the Republican Party,

"Trump is not like other politicians, and when I say that, I mean that he is able to do what few other politicians have done. Trump, Mitch McConnell and the entire Republican Party fights for our interests, they have managed to put an end to putting political interests over that of the people, they are upholding our democracy is unforeseen ways"

(2/3)

Mike Pence speaks to voters in Saint Paul, Minnesota, about how the Democrats continue to stagnate congress with their "my way or the highway" kind of attitude, and how America suffers because of it,

(3/3)

Event 1: Effort Score: 7  D10 Roll: 1  Total Score: 8 Could have progressed better, and outside of the college event, and student protesters make a fuss.

Event 2: Effort Score: 7  D10 Roll: 4  Total Score: 11 The event goes well, and Florida is a shining spot for the Republicans in the South, as the True Conservatives advance.

Event 3: Effort Score: 6  D10 Roll: 5  Total Score: 11 The event goes well. An okay week, but outshined by the True Conservatives.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:37 PM, WVProgressive said:

Elizabeth Warren talks about Medicare for All while in Chicago.

Richard Ojeda campaigns in Nashville, Tennessee, attacking the Republicans for failing to "Drain the Swamp", like they promised four years ago.

Kevin de Leon campaigns in Los Angeles, talking about the PPA's support for a Path to Citizenship for current undocumented immigrants.

Event 1: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 10  Total Score: 14 A strong turnout makes for a strong event.

Event 2: Effort Score: 5  D10 Roll: 6  Total Score: 11 A better than expected showing in weak area for the Progressives.

Event 3: Effort Score: 5  D10 Roll: 10  Total Score: 15 An strong event, with good coverage behind it. Overall, a good week.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:40 PM, MishFox said:

Gary Johnson campaigns in Denver, talking about Marijuana legalization at a Federal Level

Justin Amash campaigns in rural Oregon, talking about a free market 

Justin Amash, Rand Paul and Thomas Massie barnstorm in Kentucky, talking about protecting civil liberties and the Constitution

Event 1: Effort Score: 5  D10 Roll: 8  Total Score: 13  A strong event for a weakened Party.

Event 2: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 6  Total Score: 10 An okay event, in unfamiliar territory for Libertarians.

Event 3: Effort Score: 5  D10 Roll: 10  Total Score: 15 A strong event in a stronghold for the Party. A strong week putting the Party on the path to rehabilitation.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:56 PM, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Bernie Sanders campaigns on the west coast, CA,OR,and WA

AOC campaigns in NY,VT,MA,MN

Thalib campaigns in MN,MI,and NY

Event 1: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 5  Total Score: 9 The tour is ridden with small scheduling errors, but goes okay otherwise.

Event 2: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 4  Total Score: 8 Hecklers riddle the events, causing some to leave.

Event 3: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 10 Total Score: 14 Makes up for lost ground from other events. Overall, average week.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:45 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

Crist campaigns in the Southwest (AZ,NV and CO)

Mary Landrieu campaigns in the South (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia)

Joe Donnelly campaigns in Indiana

Event 1: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 6  Total Score: 10 Goes, okay, with no real news.

Event 2: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 7  Total Score: 11 Goes well in an unfavorable area.

Event 3: Effort Score: 4 D10 Roll: 4  Total Score: 8 Goes, questionably, with a coffee spilled on Joe at one event. Overall, could be a better week.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:24 PM, Zenobiyl said:

Olympia Snowe rallies in New York on electoral reform

Olympia Snowe and Angus King campaign through Maine and other New England states on leadership and experience.

Unity Party releases a second ad campaign in Alaska with a focus on representing the state better in DC.

Event 1: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 10  Total Score: 14 Strong events makes New York a possible fertile soil for the Party.

Event 2: Effort Score: 5  D10 Roll: 5  Total Score: 10 A painfully average event, doing little.

Event 3: Effort Score: 5  D10 Roll: 3  Total Score: 8 Alaska is friendly to the Party, but the ad is not too well received. Overall, okay week.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, Cenzonico said:

1. John Kasich campaigns in the state of Nevada. 

2. Jeb Bush annouces his support of the Republic's Defenders, campaigns in Tallahassee.

3. The Republic's Defenders ramps up campaign infrastructure in California, North Carolina, Florida. 

Event 1: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 8  Total Score: 12 Nevada is a semi-strong state for the Party.

Event 2: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 5  Total Score: 9 People seem to hold their applause at Jeb!'s endorsement.

Event 3: Effort Score: 4  D10 Roll: 6  Total Score: 10 Campaign infrastructure does nothing, nothing at all. Okay week.

(Am grading @Edouard, and will make a new post for him. I just needed to post this early because the site was not saving my work when I switched pages)

On 5/11/2020 at 10:27 AM, Edouard said:

(Thank you !)

Andrew Cuomo reveals covid-19 national plan :

https://s.france24.com/media/display/34bd4c50-7e5c-11ea-8886-005056bf87d6/w:1240/p:16x9/Cuomo%20-NEW-YORK(1).webp

First of all I need to recall the 5 BARRIER GESTURES :
To curb the coronavirus
1 PREVENTION Stay at home
2 ELBOW. Cough in
3 FACE Avoid touching it
4 DISTANCES. Keep them
5 HANDS. Wash them often

I am officially announcing that the state of New York will make the wearing of a mask mandatory for public transportation and meetings of more than 10 people until September, and the Democratic Party is committed to trying to extend this measure national.

2 : Andrew Cuomo talks about promoting assault-weapon ban

https://media.ouest-france.fr/v1/pictures/MjAxOTEyNmJhN2YzMjRiYWUyYWRkZjgzYTdmM2I2OTg2NGY1NDI?width=480&height=270&focuspoint=70%2C30&cropresize=1&client_id=bpeditorial&sign=8e5d91fa9894780cebd2cfcb6304966d5ded442ac7615c55441f7f8e579a8f85

From Colombine and Orlando to Las Vegas and Parkland, we have seen what weapons, and in particular semi-automatic weapons, produce. Yes, the second amendment must be defended, but not at the cost of respect for life. Semi-automatic weapons are not used for personal defense, they kill more than ten thousand victims each year in the United States.

The Democratic Party also wants to strengthen psychological controls to ensure that no unbalanced person becomes the owner of a weapon. These controls must be of quality so as not to harm the second amendment, without giving up fighting against the shootings.

3. Andrew Cuomo about the Paris' Agreement

New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic ...

When Trump took us back from the Paris' agreement, the governors of several U.S. states formed the United States Climate Alliance to continue to advance the objectives of the Paris Agreement at the state level despite the federal withdrawal. 

To quote the words of David Suzuki "Trump just passed on the best deal the planet has ever seen"

Our former President Bill Clinton was right "Walking away from Paris treaty is a mistake. Climate change is real. We owe our children more. Protecting our future also creates more jobs."

It is urgent not only that the country returns to the Paris agreement, but also that we become the world leader in climate. The Democratic Party wishes to lead a progressive coalition to this end.

Event 1: Effort Score: 10  D10 Roll: 2  Total Score: 12 A semi-strong reception is given for taking a stand on COVID-19.

Event 2: Effort Score: 10  D10 Roll: 1  Total Score: 11 An okay reception is given for the stand taken by Cuomo

Event 3: Effort Score: 10  D10 Roll: 10  Total Score: 20  An effect roll of 1 mean it does not go viral, but either way, an amazingly strong event. Overall, a strong week.

Polling Below!

Republican Party(Republican Coalition): 17% - 1007(-70) Members of Parliament @BetOnBeto

The Progressives(Democratic-Progressive Coalition): 16.5% - 940(+60) Members Of Parliament @WVProgressive

Democratic Party(Democratic Coalition): 16% - 828(+100) Members Of Parliament @Edouard

The True Conservatives(Republican Coalition): 13% 782(+50) Members Of Parliament @Kingthero

The Democratic Socialists Of America(Democratic-Progressive Coalition): 11.5% - 686(+0) Members Of 

Parliament @TheMiddlePolitical

The Republic's Defenders(Never Trumper Coalition): 7.5% 438(-50) Members Of Parliament @Cenzonico

The Centre Bloc(No Coalition): 5% - 262(-50) Members Of Parliament @TheLiberalKitten

Unity Party(Never Trumper Coalition): 4.5% - 126(-50) Members Of Parliament @Zenobiyl

California National Party(No Coalition): 3.5% - 127(-10) Members Of Parliament @Hestia11

The Humanity Front(No Coalition): 2.5% - 121(-30) Members Of Parliament(Did not campaign) @Mr.Blood

The Libertarian Party(No Coalition): 2.5% - 72(+50) Members Of Parliament @MishFox             

5380 Members Of Parliament, 2690 required to reach a majority.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California Polling:
CNP: 23%

The Progressives: 17%

Democratic Party: 14%

Republican Party: 14%

DSA: 14%

The Republic's Defenders: 8%

Unity Party: 4%

The Humanity Front: 3%

The Centre Bloc: 3%

The True Conservatives: 1%

The Libertarian Party: 0%

We are still on the same turn as yesterday, so everyone can post their events.

(1/3) Katie Porter campaigns in Southern California, highlighting the party's immigration policies, saying that only an independent California will have control of California's borders. She says a Schengen-like area with the United States is preferable after independence.

(2/3) Porter builds infrastructure in Northern California.

(3/3) Porter visits Sacramento, where she says that her party will be best able to take on climate change, highlighting Jerry Brown's work as governor as a reference to work off of. 

I have final exams, I’m just trying to get my work done, people are busy, it will eventually get back on,

@Hestia11 @BetOnBeto @Edouard @WVProgressive @TheMiddlePolitical @Kingthero @Cenzonico  @TheLiberalKitten @Zenobiyl @Mr.Blood

@MishFox 

Over the past few weeks I've treated the lack of activity here as an unofficial break meant to give people breathing room, especially in the academic area, an area that kept me somewhat busy as well. However, I feel an adequate amount of time has passed to remind you all that regardless of breaks in activity this RP exists and does need people's events to be made so that we may move on to the next turn.

If people are still busy, or if interest in this has died, I understand and you may contact me here or in my DMs.