270soft Forum
Mr.Blood

2020 Parliamentarian US Election RP Poll

Low Player Effort 2020 Parliamentarian US Election RP Poll(Full Info In Comments)  

15 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do You Have The Time And Interest To Participate In a 2020 US Election RP, In Which The US Has Transitioned To A Proportional Parliamentarian System?

• Yes, I have the time and interest to play.
    • I may have the time and interest to play.
    • No, I have not the time, or perhaps the interest, to participate.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2020 at 02:00 PM

Just now, MishFox said:

(is this ok?)

Yes.

Republican Party

Donald Trump holds a rally in Miami, FL

"These democrats, they don't understand what it's like to make America great Again. They don't understand what it's like to be unable to pay taxes, go into debt, because of the Radical Democrats tax hikes. No, they have lived in their fancy houses, with their perfect life, ignoring the cries, needs of the American people. Well, I know what it takes to make America great Again, I listen to the people, believe me, I take your word, your word is the only thing that matters. So when you vote, go out and vote for the Republican Party, go out for the party that sticks up for the working people"
Mike Pence holds a rally in South Bend, IN, talking about healthcare,

"You know, the Republican party understands the need for healthcare, we understand the urgency. As the Democrats paint us as the bad guys, as the ones who won't act, we know that's not the truth. The truth is, we work towards feasible goals, towards policies and ideas that aren't pipe dreams, that aren't going to bankrupt America. No, we are increasing medicare, medicaid, because you know what, the Democrats might talk about the great way they will raise the money for Medicare for All, but then the minute they have to implement it, they will realised their mistake, and go back to making the average American's life more miserable. Let's back the Republican Party, let's work towards making America great again, not making America poor again"
Republican Party launches ads across Sun Belt, states with a large population of Latinos
Narrated by Nikki Haley,

To the Latino community, the Democrats are lying. We haven't been failing you, we have been empowering you. Under the Trump administration, our community has thrived like never before. No longer do many of us live in poverty, struggle to put food on the table. Trump has created jobs for our community, and Mitch McConnell will do the same if he's elected president. Let's back the Republican Party, a party we can trust, and a party that hasn't just made promises, but actually delivered for us,

Is Covid a thing or are we voiding it,

Just now, BetOnBeto said:

Is Covid a thing or are we voiding it,

It's real, and because we are only a couple weeks out from the peak in the timeline(This RP is set in the 3 months leading to the Election),  I have some events cooking up for it.

California National Party Campaigning

(1/3) Representative Katie Porter speaks in Los Angeles about protecting immigrants' rights and how the CNP will help with that issue. "We in California know that everyone on this planet, undocumented immigrant or not, deserves certain rights. Those rights don't go away simply because you're not from that specific country. We've watched as Republicans in Washington have gone after immigrants - which make the backbone of our state. We've seen our Democratic leaders insufficiently protect them. That's why we need a new dawn, and a new Californian Republic. That is because of the insufficient help that our elected leaders have given us. California, let's make a statement on election day. Vote CNP!"

(2/3) A very special campaign event happens in Sacramento, California, where Katie Porter is joined by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon. She makes no official endorsements, but says that the people of Scotland stand with California in their times of need.Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland's future 'must be in our own hands ...

(3/3)

Katie Porter unleashes an ad blitz on behalf of the CNP, blasting Democrats and Social Democrats as insufficiently accountable to their voters. She says that they never strive for enough change, which is what California could achieve by itself once it is independent. 

Sherrod Brown helps organize PPA volunteers in Ohio.

Raul Grijalva announces his support for the Progressive Party, while holding a town hall in Tucson, Arizona.

Elizabeth Warren calls for restriction on lobbyists while campaigning in Seattle, Washington.

Event 1: As a show of bipartisanship, Olympia Snowe praises Centre Bloc leader Angus King on a major midwestern television channel.

BA20521B-7937-4144-BD0B-7FF01CC7A299.jpeg.bb9417c893f8c8d1a303da9e80c08a02.jpeg

”I know this may not be the smartest decision politically, but I wish to personally commend the leader of the Centre Bloc. Angus King is a perfect example of the kind of people we need more of in DC. When I retired I thought my seat would go to another establishment candidate, so imagine my shock when King won over half the vote as an independent!”

”During his time in office he has lead the charge on electoral reform, like his efforts to reform the filibuster for example. He has been an advocate for moderate change and reform, free of ideological conflict. For example, when republicans wanted to cut $40 billion from a food assistance program, he preserved that program by saving $4 billion through the elimination of loopholes.”

“Compromise and cooperation are the lifeblood of the American government, and the first step in that direction is by choosing candidates who work for you.”

”Democrats and Republicans are two shades of the same flag, and finding balance is what makes this country work.”

Event 2: Olympia Snowe holds multiple rallies across New England states with a focus on unity, and her recent victories in the polls.

AC81ABE0-C1E0-4012-B123-9E07AFCB2E18.jpeg.880e58985b3de12f830cec3faa519790.jpeg

Two weeks ago the pollsters and experts called us ‘the old coalition’! Two weeks ago they said we wouldn’t break 5% in New England! Well we didn’t just break 5%, did we? We broke 10%, we broke 15%, we broke 20%! We climbed all the way to the top in Maine in two weeks, and gained more projected seats than any other party in a single week! Where are those experts now?”

Unity is the fire of democracy, and it is our civic duty to keep the flame alight for future generations to enjoy.”

”Thank you New England, and remember! The flag is red and blue, and we are too.”

Event 3: Olympia Snowe campaigns across Alaska with independent governor Bill Walker, focusing on legislative transparency.

32F2ACED-0B91-49E0-ACCF-05BAE39AF0A0.thumb.jpeg.e8c1dac64eaea3052700a654ffc400f8.jpeg

“My good friend Olympia has led Maine with a steady spirit and open mind, and the Unity Party is lucky to have her as their head. As the chair of a committee on political reform, she and I share a concern for the vulnerabilities in our government that bad actors wish to exploit.”

“As governor of Alaska, I passed an ethics bill that forced companies to disclose their political contributions, but not every state has such a law. Thanks to Citizens United vs. FEC, corporations are considered people, and they can use their money to create an unfair playing field.”

”The Unity Party believes that a level field is vital to democracy, and everyone deserves to know who -and what- they are voting for.”

8 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Event 3: Olympia Snowe campaigns across Alaska with independent governor Bill Walker, focusing on legislative transparency.

32F2ACED-0B91-49E0-ACCF-05BAE39AF0A0.thumb.jpeg.e8c1dac64eaea3052700a654ffc400f8.jpeg

That is, in fact, Fmr. Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R, ME-2) and not Fmr. Gov. Bill Walker (I-AK).

20 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

That is, in fact, Fmr. Rep. Bruce Poliquin (R, ME-2) and not Fmr. Gov. Bill Walker (I-AK).

Shhhhh I know I know I couldn’t find a pic of them both. That’s the best I could do 😉

Event 1: Lee Stops by Indiana to raise support.

Event 2: Scott Expands Minority Outreach to Georgia.

Event 3: Cruz continues to barnstorm in Texas.

Kinda busy, just brief events.

1: Kasich asks the Centre Bloc (@TheLiberalKitten) the join the Never-Trumper coalition, citing the need for a true alternative to the radical politics we see today.  

2: Romney holds rallies in Massachusetts about how moving forward we need to form unity within this nation.

3: Kasich tours the state of Ohio.

(Don't feel that great right now, so just one-liners)

Yang will declare himself to the media as, "The only true independent candidate in the race" touting his desire to be the only Prime Ministerial candidate with a true desire to form a majority government solely through his Party alone after election day declaring, "We will fight to reshape our nation as one Party unconstrained by coalition politics."

Tulsi Gabbard will campaign through Washington, touting the Front's Climate Plan as the most Progressive and data backed in the race.

Elon Musk will campaign through California under the banner of supporting a California referendum, declaring that not only does the Front support California's right to possible independence, but also has a slew of policies designed to support and bring cooperation between California, either as a state or nation, and the other 49 states.

Also, I am likely to post polling tomorrow morning, so anyone not posting yet has the night to post. 

Okay, so, just to tell everyone, after I get polling done tomorrow, I would like to start a debate through DMs. And in the hopes they will finish by morning, @Edouard and @TheMiddlePolitical, I am pinging you as a reminder.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Blood said:

Okay, so, just to tell everyone, after I get polling done tomorrow, I would like to start a debate through DMs. And in the hopes they will finish by morning, @Edouard and @TheMiddlePolitical, I am pinging you as a reminder.

I’ll have mine done tonight or early morning it is finals week so that’s why I am being slow this week :D 

9 hours ago, Mr.Blood said:

Any offers are counted as events, unless you are just responding to an offer made after you listed your events.

You can count this as an event.

@WVProgressive

do you accept?

1 minute ago, Mr.Blood said:

Andrew Cuomo event in California about referendum already did (1/3)

Andrew Cuomo in New Work : We need to extend medicare as an option in the whole 50 states.

Andrew Cuomo in Texas : We need to invest in solar energy in Texas, the current crisis in oil shows us that time is limited to save thousands and thousands of jobs here in Texas.

9 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

You can count this as an event.

@WVProgressive

do you accept?

Of course.

Just because @TheMiddlePolitical has not posted his last 2 events, I will just delay the end of the turn, and the subsequent polling, until tomorrow morning. I will, however, start the debate at around 11 AM CST today, just to notify everyone and to keep the RP active.

I do not know when you will see this, but @TheMiddlePolitical, I was trying to start the debate, but you are set to not receive messages. Either you have the settings set up that way, or your inbox is full. Either way, I am sorry if this is a disturbance, but please fix this issue so I can move this along.

I had two finals this morning my apologies. 

106207101-1572264314938rts2t5ab.thumb.jpg.6418c1b42361fc1cb7d3435391cd8d80.jpg

Bernie Sanders campaigns in CA,NY,MN,MA

AOC campaigns in WA,VT,and MD

and my third event is the coalition forming with the progressives 

1 hour ago, BetOnBeto said:

Will results be out, or should we start campaigning today?

I will post results tomorrow, just so everyone has the time to post events tomorrow, instead of being crammed today with a shorter amount of time( I also have some issues to attend to). Also, I want everyone to be able to properly engage in the debate without worry over their events.

Start posting events for today, if you would, and I should have polling out at around 12 PM.