270soft Forum
admin_270

If the Dems want a reason to get Biden to step aside ...

The Tara Reade allegations against Biden are looking more credible. I'm skeptical of an allegation like this launched in the middle of an election, and this is no exception, but if hard evidence continues to emerge, it seems the Dems have a good reason to ask Biden to step aside and nominate someone else at the convention.

What do you guys think - no way? If there's a convention nominee, who do you think would emerge?

18 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The Tara Reade allegations against Biden are looking more credible. I'm skeptical of an allegation like this launched in the middle of an election, and this is no exception, but if hard evidence continues to emerge, it seems the Dems have a good reason to ask Biden to step aside and nominate someone else at the convention.

What do you guys think - no way? If there's a convention nominee, who do you think would emerge?

If it's true, and the DNC knows it's true, and Biden knows its true, then I hope he resigns soon. He has yet to respond to the allegations. Whatever the case, I'd like the fallout from this to happen prior to the Convention, so someone else can take over. I'd rather this General Election not be between The Red Rapist and The Blue Rapist. 

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I am more worried about the decline of Biden's health than this allegation which still look very "unclear" for me.

Even if the allegation would be prooved as wrong, his health decline stays the same.

Just now, Edouard said:

I am more worried about the decline of Biden's health than this allegation which still look very "unclear" for me.

I'm not sure either Biden or Trump are in the state of health to survive 4 coming years as U.S. President. It's a job that is hard one's health as it is...

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not sure either Biden or Trump are in the state of health to survive 4 coming years as U.S. President. It's a job that is hard one's health as it is...

To be true, I think that if Trump die, it would be of a heart attack. Because he still has the "cognitive activity" of a man of 30 years old.

Joe Biden seems to have problems to speak, he does not seem to have the energy that Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump still carry on at 78 and 73 (?) years old.

And this is not only the age, if Sanders is not the only proof I know people who are in their 90's and who have more reflexs than Joe Biden.

I am really worried about his potential decline, I am not speaking about "dementia" like right-wing trumpist claim on youtube, but since 2008 he has got a serious health decline very more serious than Bernie or Trump.

The dem VP has to be presidential to maintain the ticket in public opinion.

17 hours ago, Patine said:

True.  Hopefully, Biden names a worthy VP.  We would not be better off with Trump's.

10 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

True.  Hopefully, Biden names a worthy VP.  We would not be better off with Trump's.

I just hope Biden just hope doesn't make the mistake of choosing Harris...

Just now, Patine said:

I'm hoping for Elizabeth Warren.  Given that he's promised to choose a woman, I believe she'd be the best choice as a balance between bringing in more voters, not scaring away more voters than you bring, and actually being capable of being President.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I am conflicted about that....

15 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I am conflicted about that....

Why would anyone of ethics want an active and willing participant in the modern, Unconstitutional American slave industry as VP, and potentially President? Not withstanding a former leader of the largest terrorist and organized crime group in the world was U.S. VP from 1981 to 1989 and U.S. President between 1989 and 1993, but...

The latest corroborations of the allegation are troubling, and even more troubling that zero democrats in congress have spoken out in concern. If anyone in congress were to say something, it may as well be Gillibrand, but she today said she totally stands by Biden.

My theory is that no democrat wants to be first on this. Gillibrand still faces backlash today for being the first on calling Franken to resign. Whoever is first for Biden may very well be commiting politcal suicide. Who has the courage to take the first step? Because once one person does it, I think it will cause a domino effect of democrats getting in line like what we saw with Franken. 

I was inclined to believe the allegation at first because of her veritable history working for Biden, but she praised him repeatedly on Twitter in the past few years (before her story), and that Larry King thing doesn't make a lot of sense because the quote says she didn't go public "out of respect for the Senator", which is an odd way to regard someone in the aftermath of a sexual assault. This has still damaged Biden and unless she retracts it it'll hurt him down the line. His strategy of not giving it legitimacy is not working now that all media outlets have been reporting on it.

Maybe if it was someone like Romney he was running against but does Trump really want to bring this up during a campaign? It's not like hes credible on the issue.

2 minutes ago, billay said:

Maybe if it was someone like Romney he was running against but does Trump really want to bring this up during a campaign? It's not like hes credible on the issue.

I fully agree. it'll probably end up a non-issue, because both have allegations that are not flimsy and easily dismissable on sexual assault against them that could come up.